PSA: Check Pressure and temps!

I asked Peter Rawlinson why the 19" wheels have a higher pressure than the 20" or 21" wheels since for most cars it is the other way around with lower profile tires having higher pressure than higher profile tires. Peter told me that the 19" wheels ride better at 45 PSI but they could not achieve the 500 mile range without increasing the pressure to 49 PSI. If pressure above 49 PSI further increased range, Lucid probably would have specified that. Hence, I don't see a reason to increase the 19" over 49 PSI because you are likely degrading the ride without improving range.
The lowest mine have gotten is 46, and I like the ride a lot better when they're at 49.

Just a PSA as winter quickly approaches

Tire Pressures need to be done when it's cold in the morning.

21" & 20" - 42PSI, 45 PSI is being recommended to avoid bulges
19" - 49 PSI, I do mine to 52

21" and 20" tires are both summer tire compounds. These tires are not meant to be driven/stored in temps below 45 degrees. Be careful as performance is reduced as well as glassification of the rubber in low temps!

Carry on and be safe!
Hello, Hydbob! I was searching the forum with this question in mind, and came across your excellent summary, The really interesting thing to me is that raising the tire pressure a bit actually REDUCES the chance of a bulge.... and I thought it would be the other way around! Good to know! Thanks!

Back