12 Months In, and I'm Out.

Well Lucid was formed in 2007 but I assume you mean if Lucid has been delivering cars for a decade you would agree with me.

Like I said everyone has different expectations and that is OK.
If you’re going to play historical fact games, play them correctly. :)

Atieva was formed in 2007. They made battery packs and powertrains for other manufacturers.

It rebranded as Lucid Motors in October 2016, and that was the first time Lucid ever even mentioned building a car. Plant construction didn’t begin until late 2019, and the first Air did not get built until September 2021.

It’s a new company; they learned a lot as Atieva, but Lucid had been a new, and recent, chapter.

I'm in IT and used to work in software dev department for Student loan software that managed millions of loans. It is indeed difficult, however again as I stated...Soft close isn't rocket science and it's just one module. The great thing with OTA is you can shoot stuff out and keep doing it like Tesla does monthly. This could be its own fix. Doen't have to include anything else as to be sure not to break anything else. Anyway realistically, i'd be happy with a time frame. If they said "we are working on it and hoping for an update in a month" Or 3 or 6...communication is key here and that's really all i want. "fixed in a future update" is not sufficient.

Atieva was formed in 2007. They made battery packs and powertrains for other manufacturers.

It rebranded as Lucid Motors in October 2016, and that was the first time Lucid ever even mentioned building a car. Plant construction didn’t begin until late 2019, and the first Air did not get built until September 2021.

It’s a new company; they learned a lot as Atieva, but Lucid had been a new, and recent, chapter.

Correct...He must be thinking about Fisker haha

Sorry you don't like the facts that I replied with. The company was founded in 2007. Sorry that you feel that isn't correct.

Like I stated in my reply, "I assume you mean if Lucid has been delivering cars for a decade you would agree with me."

Clearly you are OK with issues they have and the rate at which they get resolved. That is your right and that is OK. Everyone doesn't have to agree with you.

Sorry you don't like the facts that I replied with. The company was founded in 2007. Sorry that you feel that isn't correct.

Like I stated in my reply, "I assume you mean if Lucid has been delivering cars for a decade you would agree with me."

Clearly you are OK with issues they have and the rate at which they get resolved. That is your right and that is OK. Everyone doesn't have to agree with you.
I’m not suggesting you have to agree with me. As evidenced on every thread I’ve ever been involved with, I have absolutely no problem with a difference of opinion.

Lucid has not been building cars for a decade. That is simply untrue. Building a car was not even a consideration a decade ago. Those are the facts.

Companies pivot all the time.

To the OP: I can sympathize with you and I also find myself saying the same thing - I paid $200k (in canada) for this? The only reason I am not as upset as I could be is because the service team in Vancouver is one of the best to work with and I live quite close to them (i.e. they pick up my car when I'm away so it's mostly no inconvenience). Here is a list of my problems since owning my AGT since Nov 2022:
  1. squeaking/malfunctioning seats - driver replaced 3x and worked on/repaired 4x, passenger replaced 1x
  2. squeaking rear parcel shelf - worked on 2x, still periodically squeaks in cold
  3. trunk lid would stop and close - fixed 2x
  4. easy entry and exit - seat wouldn't return to saved position - fixed 1x
  5. camera issues - fixed 1x
  6. rear radar issue - fixed 2x
  7. minor trim pieces falling off - fixed 2x
  8. spotify issue that wouldn't resolve after resets - fixed 1x
  9. doors wouldn't open from inside or outside and had to climb out the back door - spontaneously resolved 2x
I think that is it. Certainly more problems than I would expect from a new luxury car but again, the reason I'm more accepting of this is because of the stellar service team that I have access to. I think a large part of the OP's negative experience isn't so much with the car (although it clearly had a lot of problems) but more that the service didn't take care of it and provide a service that made up for the shortcomings.

For me, when people ask me if I would recommend this car, my first question I ask them is where they live. If they live far from the service centre then I tell them to consider something else unless they have other cars to drive in case

I’m not suggesting you have to agree with me. As evidenced on every thread I’ve ever been involved with, I have absolutely no problem with a difference of opinion.

Lucid has not been building cars for a decade. That is simply untrue. Building a car was not even a consideration a decade ago. Those are the facts.

Companies pivot all the time.
I never said Lucid has been building cars for 10 years. They have been in business since 2007 first by building engines. Again never once did I say they have been building cars since 2007. I do believe they started developing their car around 2014 or 2015 though.

Back