0-60 in Smooth mode?

Mr_rhythm

For those of us looking at a Pure single motor, has anyone done a test of 0-60 in Smooth mode, which is considered comparable to what the Pure will have available in Sprint?

I don't think this can be compared yet because all other trims are AWD (2 motors) and their HP is significantly higher that Pure single motor. Don't quote me on that as I may be wrong..

For those of us looking at a Pure single motor, has anyone done a test of 0-60 in Smooth mode, which is considered comparable to what the Pure will have available in Sprint?
I haven't actually timed it but it is still quite fast. For comparison, much faster than my prior Porsche Macan GTS. If I had to guess, somewhere in the 4.0-4.5 range, but that is just a pure guess. The Sprint mode is mind boggling and just throws you back in the seat. Not sure if that helps.

I don't think this can be compared yet because all other trims are AWD (2 motors) and their HP is significantly higher that Pure single motor. Don't quote me on that as I may be wrong..
That, plus the Pure will be lighter. So it won't be an exact comparison, for sure.

For the GTR, a rep told me 0-60 in Smooth was 4 secs. He did not know what 0-60 was in Swift or Sprint, but both were something less than the Launch Mode of 3 secs.

Not saying this is fact…just what rep told me when I asked.

That, plus the Pure will be lighter. So it won't be an exact comparison, for sure.
My rep said that the Pure should be about 400 pounds less than the GT we were test driving (fewer battery packs, one motor instead of two). I am expecting something in the high 4s but to me it doesn't matter. I am more concerned about my first BEV having passing power (e.g., 60-80) on a highway. I don't plan to track my Pure and whatever 0-60 time it has with 480 HP will be fine for me to get away from a traffic light.

The numbers that the engineering team got from test runs are as follow (Sprint mode)

- Sapphire: 1.8
- Air Dream (P): 2.5
- Air Dream (R): 2.7
- GT-R: 2.9
- GT-P: 2.6
- Pure/Touring AWD: 3.2
- Pure/Touring 2WD: 3.9 (traction!)

Hope this answers your question

The numbers that the engineering team got from test runs are as follow (Sprint mode)

Are these all from a stop and not a rollout?

Wow, now I can say that my GT goes 0-60 in less than 3 seconds. Sounds so much better than 0-60 in 3 seconds. 😂

Let's just put it this way. In the time it takes you to think about getting to 60 and glance down to see where you are at, you've already passed 60. The car has a lot of power and is fast, even in smooth.

My rep said that the Pure should be about 400 pounds less than the GT we were test driving (fewer battery packs, one motor instead of two). I am expecting something in the high 4s but to me it doesn't matter. I am more concerned about my first BEV having passing power (e.g., 60-80) on a highway. I don't plan to track my Pure and whatever 0-60 time it has with 480 HP will be fine for me to get away from a traffic light.
Agree. People show off to me M3 Performance punchiness of 0-60, I wasn’t that impressed. Lucid AGT has similar 0-60 to M3P, but even greater power at 60-110, that impresses me way more.

Agree. People show off to me M3 Performance punchiness of 0-60, I wasn’t that impressed. Lucid AGT has similar 0-60 to M3P, but even greater power at 60-110, that impresses me way more.
I LOVE when people in their M3P try and show off to me in my car. That way they get a great view of my taillights!

I LOVE when people in their M3P try and show off to me in my car. That way they get a great view of my taillights!

Alexa, tell me a Tesla joke!

“I like to see them in my rear view mirror.”

Thank you for posting this! I never knew. In all the long months that I waited for my Air GT I never thought to think about researching its 0-60 time. But now I know, and now I can brag.

I actually don't know if I'll ever use SPRINT mode. I'm intimidated by it, frankly. I'll need to find an open stretch of road, almost completely empty of cars. Kinda tough in Southern California. I think I'll drive out into the desert...

Are these all from a stop and not a rollout?

Last I heard, Peter and Eric don't "believe" in the rollout practice. The test was pretty simple:

- Sprint mode
- Press the brake
- Press the accelerator
- Wait for the launch icon (I think some bear animation appears on the instrument cluster)
- Release the brake
- Go !!

Btw, on some runs, they got better than 1.8 for the Sapphire !! But now they won't tell me the number anymore. Guess they got the memo from their boss :-(

Last edited:
Back