Xpel Stealth? Badass or a bad mistake?

Stek DynoShield on painted surfaces (excluding the large amount of plastic surfaces); considering black satin or gloss on the silver rooftop; not sure about adhesion on the matte side mirror hood. Yes, Zenith Red
I would like to keep the original colors, just wanted to see if they could wrap the matte surfaces in matte, so as not to change the gloss. The shop said they didn't think they could properly adhere to the silver matte mirror housing, but they would try. They also had reservations about doing the shinny/matte silver trim pieces below the hood (with the lit Lucid logo).

Since I've had great success with Spectra PhotoSync IRD for window tinting (http://www.prestige-films.com/spectra-photosync/), I am going to try their ClearGuard Alpha™ PPF (http://www.prestige-films.com/clearguard-alpha/). It has your standard self healing (no heat) properties with an additional top layer of a nano hydrophobic coating, so no need to have it ceramic coated.

You're on a good streak, Alex. Just imagine when you get your DE back, everything will be working as advertised!
Yes, and it will be about time for the 1.1.16+ release with the Dream Drive enabled. I will push for them to do it in the shop.

I'm getting mine wrapped next week too. The shop asked me about availably of the emblems, since they always remove them and replace them with new ones. I just called Lucid Scottsdale service center and they will be checking with the parts department to see if they had them in stock or how fast they could get them. Ideally, they would send the car to the PPF shop along with a set of emblems. Luckily, the PPF shop just got a Black Lucid (just for tint), so they were able to walk around and make notes about which areas will be gloss and which will be matte.
Please let us know what they say about the emblem. I'm getting my wrap on Monday and would like some guidance to provide the shop. Thank you!

Just got my car back from the wrap guys. Here's what I ended up doing..

XPEL Ultimate full front, door edges, read bumper
Opti-Coat pro plus ceramic whole car
Opti-Coat windshield whatever it's called
3M Crystalline, 70% front half, 50% back half

Tint guy said the windshield was easier to do than the Model X.

PPF guys will need to cut around the sensor because unlike the Teslas, for some reason the Lucid ones are slightly depressed and the PPF doesn't sit completely flat on it. Will take it back in 2 weeks after full cure to get a cutout and then a smaller circle putnover the sensor. They weren't able to do the mirrors because of the matte finish, the guy said they tried and it wouldn't adhere properly.

Detailer said its "way beyond what Tesla has shown" in terms of paint finish and quality. He did say that my trunk was a different color than the body but only something you could tell under inspection lights. In natural sun you can't see the difference.

Just got my car back from the wrap guys. Here's what I ended up doing..

XPEL Ultimate full front, door edges, read bumper
Opti-Coat pro plus ceramic whole car
Opti-Coat windshield whatever it's called
3M Crystalline, 70% front half, 50% back half

Tint guy said the windshield was easier to do than the Model X.

PPF guys will need to cut around the sensor because unlike the Teslas, for some reason the Lucid ones are slightly depressed and the PPF doesn't sit completely flat on it. Will take it back in 2 weeks after full cure to get a cutout and then a smaller circle putnover the sensor. They weren't able to do the mirrors because of the matte finish, the guy said they tried and it wouldn't adhere properly.

Detailer said its "way beyond what Tesla has shown" in terms of paint finish and quality. He did say that my trunk was a different color than the body but only something you could tell under inspection lights. In natural sun you can't see the difference.
How did he handle the DE Air emblem on the trunk? Should there be any color difference, unless the surface components were painted at different times and in different batches?

OK, just noticed that you only wrapped the front, door edges, and rear bumper.

How did he handle the DE Air emblem on the trunk? Should there be any color difference, unless the surface components were painted at different times and in different batches?

He said it's pretty common for hood and trunk to be a different color under inspection lights because they are painted at different times, but customers never notice it because you can't tell just in sunlight

He said they would remove it and put it back after wrap. Though, he did say it would be good to have an extra one...so hopefully Alex can get his in time.

Please let us know what they say about the emblem. I'm getting my wrap on Monday and would like some guidance to provide the shop. Thank you!
Lucid Service told me they have emblems in stock (about $113). They will leave them on the passenger seat when they take the vehicle to the PPF shop. Car is going into the shop 31-Jan-2022

Lucid Service told me they have emblems in stock (about $113). They will leave them on the passenger seat when they take the vehicle to the PPF shop. Car is going into the shop 31-Jan-2022
Great! This will be useful information for many of us.

Stek DynoShield on painted surfaces (excluding the large amount of plastic surfaces); considering black satin or gloss on the silver rooftop; not sure about adhesion on the matte side mirror hood. Yes, Zenith Red
I'm very interested in the black on the silver rooftop - please post pics if you go that way. I saw a sparkling new white AGT today on the highway (manufacturer car heading to the Millbrae studio I think) and it looked absolutely fantastic, so I'm on the fence about blacking out the silver trim.

I'm very interested in the black on the silver rooftop - please post pics if you go that way. I saw a sparkling new white AGT today on the highway (manufacturer car heading to the Millbrae studio I think) and it looked absolutely fantastic, so I'm on the fence about blacking out the silver trim.
Might not work too well with the white body.

I'm sure you could white out?
I would white out the trim on the body and then black out the roof. Had two cars with that style previously.

@borski were you ever able to get pics of how they did the trunk in 1 piece?

He said they would remove it and put it back after wrap. Though, he did say it would be good to have an extra one...so hopefully Alex can get his in time.
Will you post photos? Are you happy with your results?

I’m guessing this is the one (or similar):

Looks sick in stealth black.
Interestingly enough, that's who I'm considering using for my PPF. He's located in Thousand Oaks, so definitely not who @borski et al are using. His work definitely looks top notch.

The black in Stealth looks great. The gray, which I'm getting, should look great too.

Last edited:
Back