Won't charge at all. Lucid towed to Service, not fixed after 10 days

chipcaldwell

Cars
Grand Touring
After several error messages at not only EA, but Blink, ChargePoint, EVGo, & FPL Evolution, Lucid finally towed my brand new GT to the West Palm Beach Florida service center. It has 5000 miles. The problem is that after plugging in the charger, the message "Charging" appears, but after about 30 seconds the message pops up, "Error. Please disconnect and connect again." After being on the phone with Lucid Support for at least 6 hours over several charging sessions, the problem could not be diagnosed with their remote capabilities. So, after exasperation from both sides, the car was towed to West Palm Beach Service Center. After 2 weeks, they have been unable to diagnose or repair the problem. I have seen many pop-ups on my Lucid app, "Charging error. Please disconnect and connect again." So they are duplicating problem, but can't figure it out

My question to the group is, after all this time, what can I do? I'm troubled. Should I, or even can I, demand a replacement car? If not, any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221120-153322_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20221120-153322_One UI Home.jpg
    399 KB · Views: 155
Based on numerous reports here I would unfortunately not trust the West palm beach location and escalate, at least if WPB service has not provided you any updates with what they’ve tested or ruled out thus far. The few times I’ve needed minor service (my center is in Massachusetts) communication happened daily once they got the car, and I’ve heard zero legitimate complaints about their quality of service, really top notch in my experience. Though all my problems were easy diagnosis/quick fix such as a few trim problems, navigation that needed a reset, tire road force rebalance and a disconnected rear left passenger window control switch. One time I thought I had a water leak into the car during a rain storm and the leak test the Lucid crew did was amazingly thorough (no leak found, either soft close door glitched or my seatbelt got caught and then somehow uncaught?). Unfortunately not all service centers seem to be created equal but I hope you get some answers soon. Seems like a DC/DC converter issue which would be the WunderBox?

I’m sorry you got stuck with the Riviera Beach location. Do not expect them to properly escalate any situation. You may want to find the managers contact info if they do not handle anything in a timely manner or quickly escalate with customer service. They’ll need to get a proper Lucid engineer out there to diagnose the issue (especially if this is new) which with their service center response time will easily be 2+ weeks.

Agree on Riviera Beach/West Palm center. Also agree on Boston center. I will reach out to my tech there to see if he can help and will, advise. In meantime, have they provided you with a loaner?

After several error messages at not only EA, but Blink, ChargePoint, EVGo, & FPL Evolution, Lucid finally towed my brand new GT to the West Palm Beach Florida service center. It has 5000 miles. The problem is that after plugging in the charger, the message "Charging" appears, but after about 30 seconds the message pops up, "Error. Please disconnect and connect again." After being on the phone with Lucid Support for at least 6 hours over several charging sessions, the problem could not be diagnosed with their remote capabilities. So, after exasperation from both sides, the car was towed to West Palm Beach Service Center. After 2 weeks, they have been unable to diagnose or repair the problem. I have seen many pop-ups on my Lucid app, "Charging error. Please disconnect and connect again." So they are duplicating problem, but can't figure it out

My question to the group is, after all this time, what can I do? I'm troubled. Should I, or even can I, demand a replacement car? If not, any suggestions?
I have a similar problem. I have my GT for 2 weeks and only 350 miles on it. It will charge (DC Charging) at EA but will not charge at home with L2 (JuiceBox) or the Lucid cable through the NEMA 14-50 socket.

I took the car to Lucid's Service Center. They couldn't charge it either. To makea long story short, Lucid said they have to replace the Wunderbox and the harness. However, to do that, they will have to be able to get the parts and the process with take 2 days (upon receiving the parts) because they have to "drop the battery" to get access to the faulty components.

Looks llike it will take about 2 weeks, best case! Not happy with what's going on!

have they offered/have you requested a loaner car?

I have had two types of charging issues in the 10,200 miles put on the car since June 8, 2022. 1. The car will not accept the charge from EA, especially after it has been driven continuously say, more than 125 miles. Lucid Customer Care has various procedures which rarely work and EA has other procedures that sometimes work. The car has been towed to Millbrae, CA Service Center and is scheduled to be towed to the Torrance, CA Service Center tomorrow, 12/5, for the same problem. It has been in the Torrance Service Center at least two other times for the charging issues. Their response is they find nothing wrong with the car and that the problem is entirely an Electrify America problem.
2. On a 900 mile trip, along with some charging problem as stated above, 5 out of 7 charging stops, the nozzle would not release from the car. The last two attempts took using the manual disconnect lever in the frunk. On the second attempt, the cable broke off from the handle. After that failure the car was towed to Seattle, WA for repair of the lever unit. I also need to get feedback from others who have had similar charging issues!

I have had two types of charging issues in the 10,200 miles put on the car since June 8, 2022. 1. The car will not accept the charge from EA, especially after it has been driven continuously say, more than 125 miles. Lucid Customer Care has various procedures which rarely work and EA has other procedures that sometimes work. The car has been towed to Millbrae, CA Service Center and is scheduled to be towed to the Torrance, CA Service Center tomorrow, 12/5, for the same problem. It has been in the Torrance Service Center at least two other times for the charging issues. Their response is they find nothing wrong with the car and that the problem is entirely an Electrify America problem.
2. On a 900 mile trip, along with some charging problem as stated above, 5 out of 7 charging stops, the nozzle would not release from the car. The last two attempts took using the manual disconnect lever in the frunk. On the second attempt, the cable broke off from the handle. After that failure the car was towed to Seattle, WA for repair of the lever unit. I also need to get feedback from others who have had similar charging issues!
Dumb question: did you unlock the car before trying to remove the handle?

Dumb question: did you unlock the car before trying to remove the handle?
Yes. On each of the 5 instances, Customer Care reps went through a few "procedures" to release to nozzle. Only the Electrify America rep was able to get the nozzle released after the manual disconnect lever broke.

After I reached 30% SoC, I decided to try using the EA charger again. I had two Lucid techs spend about 4 hrs. reprogramming my car before I could charge at EA the first time. I spent about 2 hours on the phone and tried 4 different chargers including 2 of the 350kW units. We finally started charging at a 150kW charger according to my Lucid display, but the EA screen still showed initiating charge and my charge port lights were blank. I let it charge to 40% and then the EA rep said goodbye. I decided to risk it and unplugged the car and restarted a new session. The EA screen worked, my Lucid charge port lights worked, and I charged to 78%. It started charging at 138 kW but at 65-70% it had decreased to about 78kW. Car drove great going home, wife not happy with 2 hr charge session but did like driving comfort and stereo. She did state no long trips until I get 100% plug and charge sessions working.
PS... I did try using my L2 Tesla charger with 250v 48A Lectron adapter and it worked like a charm. After reading this forum, I guess I also need to verify my Lucid Mobile charging cable and unit operates correctly. I have never taken it out of the bag.
PPF & Ceramic coating being scheduled but local shop does not do paint correction so may be forced to go elsewhere or risk doing it without that step.

I've had the same problem of the EA connector being stuck. EA told me to open and close my car door which fixed it both times.

Going over 3 weeks now and no fix. They state that the car is now accepting a charge, but the mileage predictor is still over 30% off, to which I stated that they need to fix that before returning my car. Very frustrating. They did provide a Hertz loaner.

Back