Battery charge still leaking 45% even after 45 days at West Palm Service Center with NO activity to repair

Update: Lucid West Palm Beach Service Center Manager & a regional maintenance person called me Friday morning (12.30.22) and stated that they fixed the first problem, not charging, but could not find any low M/kW issues. I asked if it was unreasonable before I accepted delivery if I requested Lucid to test drive it for 150 miles to assure I am getting at least 3.0 m/kW. They said they would not do that for liability reasons. I asked I could drive it before accepting. Again the said, "No; trust us, accept delivery, & if you have further issues, we commit to fix". Note: the vehicle has not moved since 12.5 so how do they know?

So, ... I just spoke with a FL Lemon Law attorney. He says I have a case. But, we agreed that I will take delivery & document m/kW, hoping that they did fix.

My question is this. As I document, what data should I collect? I am planning to document every 50 miles driven. Anything more than screen captures showing:
1. m/kW actual
2. m/kW per dashboard.
3. Miles driven in 50 mile increments per odometer.
4. kWH start & end (in 50 m increments)

I'll update this post in a few weeks. Thanks for your advice.
Those are all good things to chart. How you need to set controlled conditions though is I would charge the car to 80%, then when you accelerate up to ~70mph reset trip A then drive with ACC set to 70 for 50 miles and see what the results are. I’d be very surprised if at steady speed the car was under 3.0 mi/kWh unless it’s cold out.

Never exceed the speed limit, drive on a calm day, make sure the ambient temperatures are above 70, keep your air conditioning off, keep your radio off, drive during the day so your lights are off, be very light on the throttle and you should get at least 3.0. If you don’t, then I agree with you something is wrong.
If I didn’t get over 4.0 driving like that, I’d be disappointed.

Like this:
Although videos like this are fun, if not highly unrealistic, I think the more they emphasize the heavily touted Lucid efficiency numbers, the more some actual owners will be disappointed with real world results. Few, if any, are getting near the advertised efficiency numbers regardless of temperatures, driving condition, wheels, etc.

And let’s be honest, few will accept the more lenient EPA testing protocol Lucid decided to go with as a satisfactory explanation. All they know is the car is claimed to get x miles per charge. If it gets 1/2 of that, you will inevitably get pissed off owners. Can you really blame them? This thread and others like it are examples of this. Many (most?) first time EV owners don’t know what they’re getting into.

Look, I’m on my 4th EV and only my current one is significantly outdoing the EPA estimate. So even with my EV experience, I still cringe when I see some of the real world results here, particularly in cold weather. Sure, my RWD i4 drops range in colder weather, but not to the degree I’m seeing here. One theory I have is that the RWD variants of some EVs don‘t see the same drop in efficiency that AWD variants do. My 2017 RWD MS didn’t see the same drop in colder weather than many of the AWD Teslas did.

It will be fascinating to see how the RWD Lucid fares, but unfortunately we won’t see that until mid summer or later. I’m betting it will surprise some, just as the delta between the AWD & RWD i4 has in many cases.

Although videos like this are fun, if not highly unrealistic, I think the more they emphasize the heavily touted Lucid efficiency numbers, the more some actual owners will be disappointed with real world results. Few, if any, are getting near the advertised efficiency numbers regardless of temperatures, driving condition, wheels, etc.

And let’s be honest, few will accept the more lenient EPA testing protocol Lucid decided to go with as a satisfactory explanation. All they know is the car is claimed to get x miles per charge. If it gets 1/2 of that, you will inevitably get pissed off owners. Can you really blame them? This thread and others like it are examples of this. Many (most?) first time EV owners don’t know what they’re getting into.

Look, I’m on my 4th EV and only my current one is significantly outdoing the EPA estimate. So even with my EV experience, I still cringe when I see some of the real world results here, particularly in cold weather. Sure, my RWD i4 drops range in colder weather, but not to the degree I’m seeing here. One theory I have is that the RWD variants of some EVs don‘t see the same drop in efficiency that AWD variants do. My 2017 RWD MS didn’t see the same drop in colder weather than many of the AWD Teslas did.

It will be fascinating to see how the RWD Lucid fares, but unfortunately we won’t see that until mid summer or later. I’m betting it will surprise some, just as the delta between the AWD & RWD i4 has in many cases.
German EPA (2 interactions) and American EPA (5 interactions) are different breeds of classification. Tesla can even be on their own breed. If you insist to put them in comparison of different classes, you would never be happy and best stick with i4 or EQE.

I somewhat agree. But no one ever said the car gets x miles per charge. Just as no one ever says an ICE car gets x miles to the gallon. They say the EPA rates this car at X miles of range.

The fact most buyers don’t understand how the EPA comes up with the number doesn’t mean auto manufacturers are suddenly bound by the resulting unrealistic expectations.

The only response to “how many miles will this get on a charge?” Is “It depends.” There’s literally no way to give a number that’s “realistic” because every charge will be different, depending on hundreds of conditions that are unique to each drive.

We’ve accepted this with ICE cars, because there is less variance than with electric. But it remains true for all cars.

So I agree buyers need to be better informed. But at least part of that is on them.

Joe, that’s true, but Peter & Lucid often tout the high efficiency numbers of 4.6 mi/kWh, although inextricably linked to the EPA numbers, and we haven’t seen people claiming they’ve seen efficiency anywhere near that neighborhood. When claiming such industry leading efficiency, it’s simply too easy for prospective buyers to expect to see that kind of efficiency. After all, this is one of the major selling points of Lucid.

I agree, the entire industry needs to be more forthright about expectations. The proof lies in the many threads where owners express disappointment with their car’s range & efficiency.

German EPA (2 interactions) and American EPA (5 interactions) are different breeds of classification. Tesla can even be on their own breed. If you insist to put them in comparison of different classes, you would never be happy and best stick with i4 or EQE.
Interaction = iteration*

(Drive texting 😝)

Maybe I'm missing something? Aren't EPA tests done on a treadmill/dyno?

Let's get real, I've owned gas/petrol cars since the 90's and have never gotten EPA city or highway. Why is this expected to be any different? ICE cars slap that on a sticker all day long!

Just saying

Back