hmp10

Founding Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
Referral Code
033M4EXG
We drove our Dream Edition Performance across Florida today to the Riviera Beach Service Center to have several things done: recalibrate the lidar unit (because the front bumper had been removed for the installation of a radar/laser detector), perform 12-month service, remove an inactive driver profile, fix a minor trim issue, and diagnose a minor software glitch. When making the appointment I had been told the work would probably take all day, so we left home at 5:30 a.m. to avoid an overnight stay. I was told we would be given a loaner to use while our car was in service.

We arrived, and they took the car right in. To my surprise after hearing stories about Enterprise rentals, the loaner was a brand new Air Grand Touring with 43 miles on the odometer. I was told the Service Center now has a fleet of 25 Lucid loaners. I was also told that if they ran into anything that prevented them from completing service the same day, we could drive the loaner home, and they would send our car to us and pick up the loaner. The service rep even told me I needn't have driven across the state myself, as they would have picked the car up. I responded that, as my primary reason for the visit was the lidar recalibration neceissated by something I had done to the car instead of a warranty issue, I felt that cost should not be shouldered by Lucid.

The lidar recalibration, which tied up two technicians for 2-3 hours, costs $540. (When they did the same thing for our first Lucid -- subsequently wrecked -- they had done the work gratis. I felt it entirely reasonable that I should pay this time around.) The 12-month service, however, is free for Dream Edition owners, as were the other couple of minor things they did. (The software glitch turned out to be caused by the fob sporadically losing contact with the car on the final stretch of its battery life.)

Add this visit to the list of satisfactory dealings I've had with Lucid service over the past 18 months, both with their mobile techs and the Riviera Beach Service Center. I find worries about service to be no reason to avoid buying a Lucid. Moreover, Lucid is about to open another Service Center in Miami, putting a shop an hour closer to us.

While over that way, we also dropped by the West Palm Beach Design Center. The only information I could tease out of them was that Gravity reservations probably would not open up until Q4 of this year or even Q1 of next . . . so, later than I had hoped. Even though it was mid-day in the middle of the week, there was some traffic in the store and a couple being readied for a test drive.

We drove our Dream Edition Performance across Florida today to the Riviera Beach Service Center to have several things done: recalibrate the lidar unit (because the front bumper had been removed for the installation of a radar/laser detector), perform 12-month service, remove an inactive driver profile, fix a minor trim issue, and diagnose a minor software glitch. When making the appointment I had been told the work would probably take all day, so we left home at 5:30 a.m. to avoid an overnight stay. I was told we would be given a loaner to use while our car was in service.

We arrived, and they took the car right in. To my surprise after hearing stories about Enterprise rentals, the loaner was a brand new Air Grand Touring with 43 miles on the odometer. I was told the Service Center now has a fleet of 25 Lucid loaners. I was also told that if they ran into anything that prevented them from completing service the same day, we could drive the loaner home, and they would send our car to us and pick up the loaner. The service rep even told me I needn't have driven across the state myself, as they would have picked the car up. I responded that, as my primary reason for the visit was the lidar recalibration neceissated by something I had done to the car instead of a warranty issue, I felt that cost should not be shouldered by Lucid.

The lidar recalibration, which tied up two technicians for 2-3 hours, costs $540. (When they did the same thing for our first Lucid -- subsequently wrecked -- they had done the work gratis. I felt it entirely reasonable that I should pay this time around.) The 12-month service, however, is free for Dream Edition owners, as were the other couple of minor things they did. (The software glitch turned out to be caused by the fob sporadically losing contact with the car on the final stretch of its battery life.)

Add this visit to the list of satisfactory dealings I've had with Lucid service over the past 18 months, both with their mobile techs and the Riviera Beach Service Center. I find worries about service to be no reason to avoid buying a Lucid. Moreover, Lucid is about to open another Service Center in Miami, putting a shop an hour closer to us.

While over that way, we also dropped by the West Palm Beach Design Center. The only information I could tease out of them was that Gravity reservations probably would not open up until Q4 of this year or even Q1 of next . . . so, later than I had hoped. Even though it was mid-day in the middle of the week, there was some traffic in the store and a couple being readied for a test drive.
So awesome to hear they have 25 loaners in Florida. Would be nice if they had one in Colorado.

Heck, it'd be nice if they had one service employee in Colorado.

But I digress…

I took Lucid up on dropping off the loaner to my house and picking my car up only to have them get into an accident when returning my car. 8 weeks on and my car is still in the body shop. Still needs to go back to Lucid for calibration when complete and then off to have PPF and ceramic coating redone. Will no doubt be a 10 to 12 week process.

Won’t be letting them drive it again.

I took Lucid up on dropping off the loaner to my house and picking my car up only to have them get into an accident when returning my car. 8 weeks on and my car is still in the body shop. Still needs to go back to Lucid for calibration when complete and then off to have PPF and ceramic coating redone. Will no doubt be a 10 to 12 week process.

Won’t be letting them drive it again.
They "drove" your car? Or was it on a trailer?

The desk manager at the Service Center was a new hire of only one month. Given Lucid's recent layoffs, I was encouraged to see they were hiring again. There were four sales reps on duty in the Design Studio a few miles away. If they were still overstaffed, they would likely have transferred another local employee to the Service Center job.

So awesome to hear they have 25 loaners in Florida. Would be nice if they had one in Colorado.

Heck, it'd be nice if they had one service employee in Colorado.

But I digress…
Funny that this came up today- I just dropped off my AGT at the "service center" in Denver (still just a single bay at Nylunds Collision Center) for some minor-ish work (gap in rear window panel, condensation in the rear light assembly), and drove away in a brand new (270 miles on it) AGT. So I guess they have at least one loaner here.
Also was at the mall where the studio is, and saw- along with the test drive cars with the ugly Lucid logo splashed the full width of the car- at least 3 new AT, assuming they were for delivery.

Funny that this came up today- I just dropped off my AGT at the "service center" in Denver (still just a single bay at Nylunds Collision Center) for some minor-ish work (gap in rear window panel, condensation in the rear light assembly), and drove away in a brand new (270 miles on it) AGT. So I guess they have at least one loaner here.
Also was at the mall where the studio is, and saw- along with the test drive cars with the ugly Lucid logo splashed the full width of the car- at least 3 new AT, assuming they were for delivery.
You think the Lucid logo is ugly? Thoughts on the Air logo and Bears?

You think the Lucid logo is ugly? Thoughts on the Air logo and Bears?
I don't think they mean the logo itself. I've seen the livery on those test drive cars. It is sort of distracting and ugly.

No! I love the logo (and the bear) - classiest logo around, but just don't think that hey should be spread across the side of the car like a giant billboard. But, alas, given the lack of public awareness of the brand, I suppose it's the modern day equivalent of a sandwich board, and they've gotta try something. Still amused (10 months after owning the car) at how many "Is this the new Tesla model" comments

Awesome that they have a loaner here now. Any word on whether they have someone dedicated to Denver yet, or are they still shipping in and out folks from other states every few weeks?

My car is going in for some paint issues sometime next week. I'm going to be out of town for a while, so I won't need a loaner. But I am curious if there will be someone here I can talk to about other minor issues they can fix while they have it. I'd like to trust that whoever I talk to will actually be the person doing the work, so things don't get overlooked or forgotten.

Awesome that they have a loaner here now. Any word on whether they have someone dedicated to Denver yet, or are they still shipping in and out folks from other states every few weeks?

My car is going in for some paint issues sometime next week. I'm going to be out of town for a while, so I won't need a loaner. But I am curious if there will be someone here I can talk to about other minor issues they can fix while they have it. I'd like to trust that whoever I talk to will actually be the person doing the work, so things don't get overlooked or forgotten.
Met the new guy- Bill. I was a little late, and he had to head out on a service call, so I didn't get a chance to dig into the story. I will ask when I return the loaner. One sour note to the whole thing was the comment from Christina a couple of weeks ago when we had the service originally scheduled, to the effect that "we don't have any covered space available to park your car, and with hail in the forecast, you might want to delay a while until the weather clears up". Given the weird weather this year, it might be a long summer.

Met the new guy- Bill. I was a little late, and he had to head out on a service call, so I didn't get a chance to dig into the story. I will ask when I return the loaner. One sour note to the whole thing was the comment from Christina a couple of weeks ago when we had the service originally scheduled, to the effect that "we don't have any covered space available to park your car, and with hail in the forecast, you might want to delay a while until the weather clears up". Given the weird weather this year, it might be a long summer.
That is not good. Hail has been quite common this year. Yikes.

Baby steps, I guess.

They used to be able to park at least a few cars every night in that tiny garage, with the lift holding one suspended up in the air while another is parked beneath. But once they have more than a few cars in there, I suppose any extra gets pushed outside.

I assume the body shop next door will be doing the paint work for me. It will likely be indoors for most of that process, at least.

Agree. I've been asking for over a year if/when Lucid would invest in a legit service center, and have been told repeatedly that it's coming "soon". First it was the lack of commercial space, then it was getting contractors, then ... who knows. Not as big a deal last year when there were maybe 50 cars in the whole state, but they are delivering and Denver (supposedly) covers pretty much everyone in a 500 mile radius. Not giving me a lot of confidence that any problems will be able to be dealt with quickly.

No! I love the logo (and the bear) - classiest logo around, but just don't think that hey should be spread across the side of the car like a giant billboard. But, alas, given the lack of public awareness of the brand, I suppose it's the modern day equivalent of a sandwich board, and they've gotta try something. Still amused (10 months after owning the car) at how many "Is this the new Tesla model" comments
Understood. I was stopped by a family with two children yesterday and the father was trying to explain to his car enthusiast 10 year old son what kind of car it was and his guess was a new styled Cadillac!! I laughed in his face but immediately apologized. I responded that no sir this ain't no a Caddy! 😂 😂

Understood. I was stopped by a family with two children yesterday and the father was trying to explain to his car enthusiast 10 year old son what kind of car it was and his guess was a new styled Cadillac!! I laughed in his face but immediately apologized. I responded that no sir this ain't no a Caddy! 😂 😂
Yeah- how many versions of "What is it?"
Lucid
"But who makes it?"
Lucid
"but what is it?"
Lather, rinse repeat.
I might get some cards printed up, just to hand them out.
:cool:

Yeah- how many versions of "What is it?"
Lucid
"But who makes it?"
Lucid
"but what is it?"
Lather, rinse repeat.
I might get some cards printed up, just to hand them out.
:cool:
I've had this conversation twice with (albeit really friendly) people who rolled down the window to ask me while we were both stopped in traffic on a highway 😂

One sour note to the whole thing was the comment from Christina a couple of weeks ago when we had the service originally scheduled, to the effect that "we don't have any covered space available to park your car, and with hail in the forecast, you might want to delay a while until the weather clears up". Given the weird weather this year, it might be a long summer.

Interesting. A black GT w/ Stealth Package (beautiful car) with wrap still on it was at the Riviera Beach Service Center yesterday. It had a dent on the hood a few inches above the right air vent that looked as if it might have been from hail. Wondering if it happened in transit?

The car also had a set of black 21" wheels that do not show on the order configurator and that were not shown in the wheel display at the Design Center. I've never seen them, but they looked really sharp. I don't have a picture, as you're not allowed to photograph things at the Service Center. They had an aero look, and if they were they were the best-looking aero wheels I've seen.

Last edited:
Apparently the photo ban applies to things inside the service shop itself. My partner got a photo of the wheels on the Stealth:

PXL_20230705_121341472.jpg

As I look at this photo, maybe that was not left-over factory wrap on the car as I thought but a repair cover, as the hood seems knocked out of alignment.

But I sure wish I knew more about those wheels which are apparently after-market.

Back