RESOLVED Warranty service for those of us who don't live anywhere near a service center

Right. That's been my experience up until this point, too. But I'm still having fob/mobile key recognition issues, the passive locking not working consistently, and now the dash displaying speed limits that don't exist in NYS. And my service guy (in Natick) said they are not going to transport the car. If I want these things fixed, I have to go to a service center 7 hours away? Come on
If I was Lucid, the issues described here do not constitute warranty problems.

1) Fob/Mobile Key issue is vague. Is it slow to respond? Is it not responding from far away? What's the specific issue?

2) Passive lock not working. Again, this is not specific. Are you walking away to find the car unlocked after a good distance in between? Is it flapping like a bird as you walk around it? Have you changed your settings with the passive unlock update?

3) Speed limit signs. This is software. There is nothing bringing the car in will do for you. Wait for an update. The car is still classified as Level 2 as far as I'm aware requiring driver supervision. There are many situations, perfectly reasonable in fact, that your speed limit may get out of sync with the actual speed limit.

I would highly recommend anyone reading this thread to contemplate the points above, particularly the lack of specifics from OP.

If I was Lucid, the issues described here do not constitute warranty problems.

1) Fob/Mobile Key issue is vague. Is it slow to respond? Is it not responding from far away? What's the specific issue?

2) Passive lock not working. Again, this is not specific. Are you walking away to find the car unlocked after a good distance in between? Is it flapping like a bird as you walk around it? Have you changed your settings with the passive unlock update?

3) Speed limit signs. This is software. There is nothing bringing the car in will do for you. Wait for an update. The car is still classified as Level 2 as far as I'm aware requiring driver supervision. There are many situations, perfectly reasonable in fact, that your speed limit may get out of sync with the actual speed limit.

I would highly recommend anyone reading this thread to contemplate the points above, particularly the lack of specifics from OP.
With all due respect, my intention was never to get into the details of any of the above issues I am having with my car. Nor do I need to justify them to you. However, if you are really questioning any of them, they have all been documented in this forum previously. So, feel free to search for them if you are inclined to question me on these pervasive issues that I have previously reported. There is no need to minimize my legitimate concerns simply because I did not go into the specific details in this thread... again. Whether you agree if my issues are warranty related or not is not relevant to the fact that both Lucid and I agree they are as they have been addressed by Lucid already unsuccessfully under warranty.

My question about warranty service and transportation was sincere and applicable to many people here. If you only want to be critical without taking the time to look into it further, that's on you.

With all due respect, my intention was never to get into the details of any of the above issues I am having with my car. Nor do I need to justify them to you. However, if you are really questioning any of them, they have all been documented in this forum previously. So, feel free to search for them if you are inclined to question me on these pervasive issues that I have previously reported. There is no need to minimize my legitimate concerns simply because I did not go into the specific details in this thread... again. Whether you agree if my issues are warranty related or not is not relevant to the fact that both Lucid and I agree they are as they have been addressed by Lucid already unsuccessfully under warranty.

My question about warranty service and transportation was sincere and applicable to many people here. If you only want to be critical without taking the time to look into it further, that's on you.
Your issue has never been an issue on our end. We live well over 7+ hours from the nearest center in northern Alabama. The latest covered trailer pickup was about two months ago, including a loaner for nearly 2 months. Loaner was returned in the trailer my Lucid was dropped back off in. No charge to me. If they already tried to fix your "issues" (no context and not going to search for them), then they have zero reason to pay for a second trip. The situation has likely remained unchanged and a blatant waste of money unjustifiable to their stakeholders at this time until a resolution can be found.

You are correct though. I do not have the time nor desire to hunt down your posts across multiple threads. As I would expect, many others will not. Surface level reading of your issues as a software engineer indicate user error and reasonable behavior of the software (speed limit signs).

Context would be a nice addition to your post for those unfamiliar with you and your issues amongst the thousands of registered users on this forum.

Unless I am missing something, no one else has posted a similar report that Lucid is not honoring the transportation "promise". I believe the OP but this might be a case of a single Lucid person misstating or misunderstanding the policy.

I have no interest in bickering about the actual issues and whether or not you consider them warranty related. The problems were NOT fixed previously nor have I been told that they are planning to resolve them remotely which would be ideal. That's the issue. I was told they need to have the car at the service center and it's my responsibility to get it there.

And while context might be somewhat useful, my post is not and was not about my specific warranty concerns but about how the vehicle gets to and from the service center. So I didn't see any reason to go into detail again. I didn't think anyone would focus on the ancillary information.

I'll wrap this up by saying that I'm glad you have had better experiences with your car and service and hope that you don't have to deal with similar issues as me in the future. BOL

Just a quick follow up. My service area provider , James, was here for my 1 year service visit and I ask him about this issue.

He has not heard of anything to indicate that I would be responsible for transportation to a service center in the event that my car needed to have a warranty issue serviced.

I am interested in hearing if other people have received discordant information.

Thank you for the update. I appreciate the follow-up after this thread got derailed above.

I also talked to my mobile service technician and he echoed what you heard from yours. So I have no idea why the manager of the Natick location would tell me that I had to take my car in but I'm still looking into it. If my mobile service technician doesn't have any luck in scheduling a service center visit with transportation, I will escalate to somebody at corporate

Update: My mobile service technician was really confused about the message I received from Natick. But he works out of a different service center in Coldwater. So my mobile service technician is now going to be the point person for all of my service needs. If he can't handle it as a mobile visit he will coordinate the service center visit. And he assured me that not only are they going to send a covered trailer to take my car to Coldwater and fix the issues, he thinks they should be able to get me a loaner this time which has never happened in the past.

And he assured me that not only are they going to send a covered trailer to take my car to Coldwater and fix the issues, he thinks they should be able to get me a loaner this time which has never happened in the past.

This is all I ask of the company. If there is a problem, send out a loaner and take the Lucid back. To me, the loaner policy is critical. And it is not only the policy but the implementation of that policy. As many pro football analysts have commented, the best ability is availability. While I would prefer a Lucid loaner, a quality loaner from any luxury company would be acceptable (BMW 5 series, Audi 6 series, etc.). But don't make me make the arrangements and don't make me rent the car and then reimburse me.

This is all I ask of the company. If there is a problem, send out a loaner and take the Lucid back. To me, the loaner policy is critical. And it is not only the policy but the implementation of that policy. As many pro football analysts have commented, the best ability is availability. While I would prefer a Lucid loaner, a quality loaner from any luxury company would be acceptable (BMW 5 series, Audi 6 series, etc.). But don't make me make the arrangements and don't make me rent the car and then reimburse me.
This is what I've had so far. Have another appointment in a couple of weeks and they're driving a loaner up to me (3+ hours) and taking my car back to Beverly Hills. They'll do the reverse when they're done with it. No complaints here.

Additional update: I received a call yesterday afternoon from another manager in Natick with some information he came up with on the service issues. He also wanted to let me know that he read my post and the comments here and thinks the other manager with whom I was communicating (texting) may have not been clear in his communication. He stated that Lucid will transport the car for warranty work if the car is disabled or if the problems are serious enough to justify it. For minor issues, even for persistent unfixed warranty related service issues, they have to make a business decision on whether they will transport the car or if the customer has to do it. In my case, they determined that the issues were not significant enough to justify transportation. Yes they were very clear that the car needed to go to a service center and the issues couldn't be addressed by a mobile service visit.

So, my take away is this, Lucid cares about us, their customers. They listen (or read) to hear the issues that we feel need to be addressed. However, they have a significant communication problem in disclosing policies to us. They should either be very clear about their service policies (specifically warranty service policies) to future customers or only sell to customers who live within a specified radius of their existing service centers.

I will also take some of the blame here for not asking the right questions up front before purchase and for honestly not even knowing the right questions to ask. This is my first luxury vehicle and I mistakenly assumed that warranty service would be handled with minimal to no inconvenience or cost to me even though there are so few service centers. This is proving to be a challenge for Lucid as many of us have experienced. They are trying but logistically can't provide the same level of service as established luxury car manufacturers can based on the limited number of service center locations (again, this applies to those of us who live far from a service location, not to those who live close). But, many of us expect that high level of service just based on the amount of $ we spent on the cars and the reputation/level of service other luxury car manufacturers provide.

Kudos to Lucid for making this right and listening. Keep growing and learning. We ALL want Lucid to be wildly successful. And, like it or not, in order to to do that, they need to compete with expectations established by other luxury car manufacturers.

Additional update: I received a call yesterday....

Thanks so much for this detailed update. I've asked my SA and delivery person some specific questions based on your experience considering I'm five hours away from the nearest service center and that isn't likely to change for many years. Tesla opened a store here in 2022, but before that Tesla owners had pretty much the same situation.

So, my take away is this, Lucid cares about us, their customers. They listen (or read) to hear the issues that we feel need to be addressed. However, they have a significant communication problem in disclosing policies to us. They should either be very clear about their service policies (specifically warranty service policies) to future customers or only sell to customers who live within a specified radius of their existing service centers.
I agree. Before one purchases a vehicle the manufacturer should be making clear what its warranty and maintenance policies are and will be. The limitation described here is reasonable but, IMO, only if the manufacturer makes that clear in its materials.

Appae
I agree. Before one purchases a vehicle the manufacturer should be making clear what its warranty and maintenance policies are and will be. The limitation described here is reasonable but, IMO, only if the manufacturer makes that clear in its materials.
Apparently, my situation was the result of an ambiguous policy, differences in the interpretation of the policy, and possibly a miscommunication of the policy.

As I currently understand it, there is some gray area on when Lucid will transport the car vs when that responsibility falls to the owner.

Additional update: I received a call yesterday afternoon from another manager in Natick with some information he came up with on the service issues. He also wanted to let me know that he read my post and the comments here and thinks the other manager with whom I was communicating (texting) may have not been clear in his communication. He stated that Lucid will transport the car for warranty work if the car is disabled or if the problems are serious enough to justify it. For minor issues, even for persistent unfixed warranty related service issues, they have to make a business decision on whether they will transport the car or if the customer has to do it. In my case, they determined that the issues were not significant enough to justify transportation. Yes they were very clear that the car needed to go to a service center and the issues couldn't be addressed by a mobile service visit.

I will also take some of the blame here for not asking the right questions up front before purchase and for honestly not even knowing the right questions to ask. This is my first luxury vehicle and I mistakenly assumed that warranty service would be handled with minimal to no inconvenience or cost to me even though there are so few service centers. This is proving to be a challenge for Lucid as many of us have experienced. They are trying but logistically can't provide the same level of service as established luxury car manufacturers can based on the limited number of service center locations (again, this applies to those of us who live far from a service location, not to those who live close). But, many of us expect that high level of service just based on the amount of $ we spent on the cars and the reputation/level of service other luxury car manufacturers provide.

Kudos to Lucid for making this right and listening. Keep growing and learning. We ALL want Lucid to be wildly successful. And, like it or not, in order to to do that, they need to compete with expectations established by other luxury car manufacturers.
The manager there will always try to take care of you within their abilities, as he’s a Lucid owner himself and has managed other high end performance car service centers. I’d also add that communication of policy is harder when they’re still developing policy and not everyone may be on the same page. I’m unaware of other auto manufacturers coming some distance to pick up a drivable car for peristent warranty repair (Mercedes always just asked when I could bring the car in, Volvo apparently will do a loaner swap at your house if you’re within 50 miles?), so it’s a tough road for them to navigate, but at the same time your car shouldn’t have these issues. I do hope the factory makes improvements, which I realize doesn’t happen overnight, as it would take some of the burden off service centers as they’re all quite committed to fixing things correctly and thoroughly and are enthusiastic about the car itself just like we are.

I’m unaware of other auto manufacturers coming some distance to pick up a drivable car for peristent warranty repair (Mercedes always just asked when I could bring the car in, Volvo apparently will do a loaner swap at your house if you’re within 50 miles?),

True. However, there is a Mercedes dealership (usually multiple) in almost every city in The United States. But I agree that communications is key and Lucid has not yet proved very good at communications.

Back