Windshield wipers

So what was removed then, the rear defrost?
I think it was the child lock. The top row on the left cockpit panel are now, Windshield Defrost, Rear Window Defrost, Windshield De-Ice

I think it was the child lock. The top row on the left cockpit panel are now, Windshield Defrost, Rear Window Defrost, Windshield De-Ice
Oh! Now I got it, I thought it was the frunk that replaced the childlock...

Oh! Now I got it, I thought it was the frunk that replaced the childlock...
Ok, the car wasn't available to check earlier (that is a long and separate story), but I've now looked closer (v2.0.15):
- The deicer mode was added, it did not replace anything... there are now 3 buttons along the top.
- The frunk open replaced the child (rear window?) lockout.
- I've now learned that there is a 1 (few?) swipe mode that can be activated by a light press on the turn signal stalk (long press does washer fluid).

I am still of the opinion that this is not enough... the (5) wiper touch screen buttons are hard to find (require eyes off the road to locate & use) and result in an auto mode that often does nothing and "high" speeds which are feeble... perhaps that set could be replaced by one slider which starts with an auto/slow and works up to a (real & actual) fast... I'd still prefer an actual hardware control for such a key and important (outside of Southern California) function.

My passenger side wiper blade is not functioning. Only the driver side worked today. it is raining in bay area (miracle) and just found out the wiper is not working. I haven't used the wiper until today. Any suggestions?

My passenger side wiper blade is not functioning. Only the driver side worked today. it is raining in bay area (miracle) and just found out the wiper is not working. I haven't used the wiper until today. Any suggestions?
Sounds like a mechanical fault but try a reset anyway.

Sounds like a mechanical fault but try a reset anyway.
As this is the "standard software based product proposed answer to all problems" (sad, very sad), I have to wonder why so many problems (e.g. the SiriusXM app reset, etc) are (since sw level V2) not solved by what used to do a reset (locking the car, walking away for awhile, and letting it reboot when you come back)... is the car now saving more state between boots, or is it no longer shutting down as often (entering a "hibernate" mode perhaps, allowing for faster startup when you come back)?

I had this problem when I first got my Lucid. They had to reseat the wiper and tighten it down. My wiper would go up a little and then fall down.

Lucid Auto mode wipers have been the best I've ever used.

Blades themselves are nothing special, but I do like how the windshield wash comes from the blade rather than the hood (like many luxury cars nowadays)

This just happened to me as well. Noticed yesterday that it was not working. I am on hold with customer care. did your issue get resolved?

This just happened to me as well. Noticed yesterday that it was not working. I am on hold with customer care. did your issue get resolved?
I sent an email to customer support and they have scheduled the fix today. I was told it will be 30 mins job at worst case can take 1 hour. I am going to Millbrae center at 10 AM today

I sent an email to customer support and they have scheduled the fix today. I was told it will be 30 mins job at worst case can take 1 hour. I am going to Millbrae center at 10 AM today
Called customer care and someone is coming to my office today to take a look at it. Fingers crossed.

Lucid Auto mode wipers have been the best I've ever used.

Blades themselves are nothing special, but I do like how the windshield wash comes from the blade rather than the hood (like many luxury cars nowadays)
Yeah, the blades are pretty crap to be honest. They do the job I guess but they're noisy and jittery across the windshield. Like you, I do like how the windshield wash comes out and how they're hidden under the hood

What I have found that improves the efficiency of windshield wipers is to apply Aquapel at least annually. Also occasionally clean the wiper blades with rubbing alcohol. I had used RainX years ago but it was not as clear or durable.

Tech came to my office, knew exactly what the problem was (wiper arm was loose) and fixed it in minutes.

Yeah, the blades are pretty crap to be honest. They do the job I guess but they're noisy and jittery across the windshield. Like you, I do like how the windshield wash comes out and how they're hidden under the hood
Clean your blades or put some rainx on your windshield. Mine are buttery smooth. Windshield was coated in opticoat.

We are in the middle of the bomb cyclone here in MN, and I have been out and about running errands. I have to say I’m extremely impressed with the way my AGT handled frozen, caked-on snow on closures etc. I was especially impressed with the window de ice mode. What an incredible invention!! I wondered what the wiper with the snowflake was supposed to do, but get in the car that’s been sitting out in an icy snowstorm, and before pulling away, press that button. It completely clears the windshield! No more scraping the window. I can just sit in the warm car and watch the caked-on snow and ice melt away!

We are in the middle of the bomb cyclone here in MN, and I have been out and about running errands. I have to say I’m extremely impressed with the way my AGT handled frozen, caked-on snow on closures etc. I was especially impressed with the window de ice mode. What an incredible invention!! I wondered what the wiper with the snowflake was supposed to do, but get in the car that’s been sitting out in an icy snowstorm, and before pulling away, press that button. It completely clears the windshield! No more scraping the window. I can just sit in the warm car and watch the caked-on snow and ice melt away!
We got tons of frozen rain yesterday, and the door handles had solid ice over them. I thought it would be impossible for them to open, but then after it struggled, I heard a small motor violently (in a good way) shake itself loose and break through the ice. Pretty cool.

I had to have both wiper blades replaced and they have updated the software for the wipers and I don’t know Digiboxer.

Back