Windshield wipers

Hcuellar77

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
What is your experience w wipers on heavy rain? Mine go slow even on auto high and takes a longa time to go faster, the fastest I seen them I still consider them slower than other cars I own and sometimes not enough to allow visibility on super heavy rainfall.
Is it just my car or others out there with same experience? I still dont know why they have a auto low and auto high, auto should be auto period.

What is your experience w wipers on heavy rain? Mine go slow even on auto high and takes a longa time to go faster, the fastest I seen them I still consider them slower than other cars I own and sometimes not enough to allow visibility on super heavy rainfall.
Is it just my car or others out there with same experience? I still dont know why they have a auto low and auto high, auto should be auto period.
Most cars have different settings for auto - my Mazda had four.

I find the wipers fine? You can also manually set it to high rather than auto, if you want.

Also, why do you have to keep turning "auto" on? ;)

probably because someone at Lucid forgot to turn the feature off and had their wiper arm mangled/torn off at the car wash
Could be but in 10 years of having this feature on Ford and Mercedes vehicles, it has never happened to us. We read the signs at the car wash that says to turn wipers off and put the car in neutral. ;)

Also, why would you put your $100K+ car through an automated car wash? :eek:

My experience is auto lo or auto high are right less than 50 % of the time. Please, have a delay and lo, high that the the human can choose.

What’s rain? 😇

I actually wouldn’t know that the Air even has wipers as I have never used them in the two plus months I have had the car. Although, they are calling for the chance of rain in San Diego this weekend. Might have to take a drive if it does.

I find that auto low is essentially useless and auto high is slightly better than useless. I also find that the programming of the wipers is suboptimal.

I find that auto low is essentially useless and auto high is slightly better than useless. I also find that the programming of the wipers is suboptimal.
I agree, the wipers need some attention, just another software thing... The auto low is beyond useless. I usually turn on the wipers because, guess what, my windshield needs wiped. You press "auto low" and nothing happens. I think that is what happens when your entire design/software/engineering staff live in California or Arizona, the result is a "fair weather" car. And, yes, you can take that in a multitude of ways.

I usually just do the light press of the button on the left stalk if the intermittent is too slow. I honestly can’t think of any car I’ve owned with auto-wipers where they worked well unless it was an apocalyptic downpour.

I usually just do the light press of the button on the left stalk if the intermittent is too slow. I honestly can’t think of any car I’ve owned with auto-wipers where they worked well unless it was an apocalyptic downpour.
Auto wipers have been great in my 2018 Navigator. Once in a while I have to coax them to start but then, they run fine.

I'm the type who tries to use the wipers as little as possible. I find it easier to see when the rain is beading upwards off the windshield. I also keep my sunglasses on which helps with visibility during rain. So turns out I find the wipers to be just fine. Went through a downpour last Saturday near Chicago and was pleasantly surprised how visible everything was. I was passing cars who slowed down and had their hazard lights on. I wonder if the enhanced visibility is attributed to the glass canopy, and aerodynamics of the Air. Obviously not from the wipers.

Auto low doesn’t work. You have to manually wipe. Auto High doesn’t really work and the right windshield wiper stutters across the windshield.

Doesn’t sound normal to me. Can’t tell if you’re exaggerating. I say it isn’t normal because Auto Low works just fine for me. Haven’t used Auto High much because Auto Low works pretty well. No stuttering happening either. Might be worth a service call.

Auto low doesn’t work. You have to manually wipe. Auto High doesn’t really work and the right windshield wiper stutters across the windshield.
Maybe clean the wiper?

Auto Low doesn’t seem to do anything for me either. I turn it on and the wiper does not move. I usually am turning it on because the windshield needs wiped, so I just do it manually and go from there. I guess I am too accustomed to the wipers starting whenever you hit the button, with the delay being from that point.

Back