Windshield wipers

Let me clarify what I said having been in multiple rain situations since my post. In Auto Low and a light drizzle the windshield accumulates way too much rain before the wipers are activated. In other words the sensitivity setting is too low on Auto Low. I have a tech coming on Monday to give me a new fob for one that has died and to look at the sensitivity settings on the wipers. I’ll post what he says.

Let me clarify what I said having been in multiple rain situations since my post. In Auto Low and a light drizzle the windshield accumulates way too much rain before the wipers are activated. In other words the sensitivity setting is too low on Auto Low. I have a tech coming on Monday to give me a new fob for one that has died and to look at the sensitivity settings on the wipers. I’ll post what he says.
Have you put a coating on your windshield? Like rain-x or opticoat?

Auto Low doesn’t seem to do anything for me either. I turn it on and the wiper does not move. I usually am turning it on because the windshield needs wiped, so I just do it manually and go from there. I guess I am too accustomed to the wipers starting whenever you hit the button, with the delay being from that point.
I look forward to seeing how effecient the wipers are on my GT when it arrives, hopefully in a week or two. However, I must say that with my current car, I have put a ceramic coating on the windshield and find that seldom do I have to use the windshield wipers as the air just blows the water off. In a heavy downpour, I turn the intermittant setting on and I am good.

The stuttering could be that. I have taken it
to the car wash twice. It is like it needs the blades need to be cleaned or it needs new ones. Although I did clean the windshield with Windex and the blades did seem better. My main complaint is the sensitivity setting.

The stuttering could be that. I have taken it
to the car wash twice. It is like it needs the blades need to be cleaned or it needs new ones. Although I did clean the windshield with Windex and the blades did seem better. My main complaint is the sensitivity setting.
I find that invisible glass or the opticoat glass cleaner work better than windex

Having at home service is the best thing ever. The tech replaced my dead key fob. He replaced my driver side wiper blade that was stuttering and resolved that issue. He also said that he has heard from owners that rain sensitivity was low and that they had referred the issue to engineering. There was nothing he could do to change the sensitivity level. Although, he sprayed the sensor which is at the top of the windshield and the wipers immediately came on.

I look forward to seeing how effecient the wipers are on my GT when it arrives, hopefully in a week or two. However, I must say that with my current car, I have put a ceramic coating on the windshield and find that seldom do I have to use the windshield wipers as the air just blows the water off. In a heavy downpour, I turn the intermittant setting on and I am good.
Does having ceramic coating on the windshield impact on the wipers‘ contact with the windshield? Would the glass be slippery for the wipers? Which brand do you use?

Does having ceramic coating on the windshield impact on the wipers‘ contact with the windshield? Would the glass be slippery for the wipers? Which brand do you use?
I had mine coated in Opti-coat. Makes it like the car, beads up really well and slides off when driving at speed.

I had mine coated in Opti-coat. Makes it like the car, beads up really well and slides off when driving at speed.
Thanks, @hydbob
Just confirming this is what you use:

Optimum Opti-Glass Coating​

$79.99

I put in a service ticked on my wipers today. The auto function leaves too much water on the windshield. It will work decently sometimes, but more often than not, I’m just switching them to on.

Thanks, @hydbob
Just confirming this is what you use:

Optimum Opti-Glass Coating​

$79.99
Yep!

I have had no problems after a summer of use. In fact, I could kick myself for not doing this sooner. No negative impacts of the wipers. I used Gtecniq products for the windshield. Real easy to apply, which I like. Hard to screw it up. However, I suggest that you watch this video to learn the way to apply it. To watch it, just click HERE. I will be talking to the Seattle Service Center today regarding the delivery of my GT and to confirm that the Lucid Windshield can take this type of treatment. I will post back here to let you know. Also, I would guess that just about any of the more reputable windshield ceramic products would work well.

I have had no problems after a summer of use. In fact, I could kick myself for not doing this sooner. No negative impacts of the wipers. I used Gtecniq products for the windshield. Real easy to apply, which I like. Hard to screw it up. However, I suggest that you watch this video to learn the way to apply it. To watch it, just click HERE. I will be talking to the Seattle Service Center today regarding the delivery of my GT and to confirm that the Lucid Windshield can take this type of treatment. I will post back here to let you know. Also, I would guess that just about any of the more reputable windshield ceramic products would work well.
Just talked with the Seattle Service Center and they said that a number of owners have applied a ceramic coating to the windshield of the Lucid and there have not been any negative issues. The fellow was not aware of any special coating inherent with the Lucid windshield that would interact in a negative way with windshield ceramic coatings and based on his discussion with owners, the cermatic coating works well.

What is your experience w wipers on heavy rain? Mine go slow even on auto high and takes a longa time to go faster, the fastest I seen them I still consider them slower than other cars I own and sometimes not enough to allow visibility on super heavy rainfall.
Is it just my car or others out there with same experience? I still dont know why they have a auto low and auto high, auto should be auto period.
Are the wipers themselves adequate in your opinion? I don’t even drive the car if it’s raining heavily as I find the visibility during rain horrible with the provided wipers. I’m having Lucid replace them, but mine don’t even make good contact with the windshield and skip around (mind you, two week old vehicle). I was told by one of the Lucid techs that they can be adjusted

Are the wipers themselves adequate in your opinion? I don’t even drive the car if it’s raining heavily as I find the visibility during rain horrible with the provided wipers. I’m having Lucid replace them, but mine don’t even make good contact with the windshield and skip around (mind you, two week old vehicle). I was told by one of the Lucid techs that they can be adjusted
I had an issue with mine skipping and they replaced them, and now they are stellar. I’ve driven it through heavy rain and not had issues.

That said, I also have my windshield ceramic coated, so that helps with the water beading off.

I had an issue with mine skipping and they replaced them, and now they are stellar. I’ve driven it through heavy rain and not had issues.

That said, I also have my windshield ceramic coated, so that helps with the water beading off.
Excellent to hear. Hopefully the replacement will take care of it. I’ll look into the coating.

Is anyone actually satisfied with how the wipers work? Mine leave way too much water on the windshield to the point where it is a hazard unless I turn them full on. I’ve told service about it several times, but haven’t gotten a straight answer if this is something that can be fixed in service or if they just generally suck. It’s my only gripe with the car and think Lucid should address it with a recall. It’s so annoying to have to drive in a light drizzle with wipers full on.

Is anyone actually satisfied with how the wipers work? Mine leave way too much water on the windshield to the point where it is a hazard unless I turn them full on. I’ve told service about it several times, but haven’t gotten a straight answer if this is something that can be fixed in service or if they just generally suck. It’s my only gripe with the car and think Lucid should address it with a recall. It’s so annoying to have to drive in a light drizzle with wipers full on.
Same experience here, I do not like them and is añmost impossible to drive on heave rain.

Mine worked perfectly on auto low driving home yesterday from half moon bay in the rain.

Mine worked perfectly on auto low driving home yesterday from half moon bay in the rain.
So they do have the ability to work properly. I’m going to push the issue with service again.

Back