Windshield wipers

So they do have the ability to work properly. I’m going to push the issue with service again.
Yea I was very pleased on my drive yesterday, especially coming through SF when visibility was trash through 19th. Worked like a charm for me, didn’t have to adjust to auto high, or even the constant low/high setting.
The car also remembers the wiper setting you previously set (earlier in this thread it was complained about but that was 2 months ago so I’m sure one of the updates implemented that).

Is anyone actually satisfied with how the wipers work? Mine leave way too much water on the windshield to the point where it is a hazard unless I turn them full on. I’ve told service about it several times, but haven’t gotten a straight answer if this is something that can be fixed in service or if they just generally suck. It’s my only gripe with the car and think Lucid should address it with a recall. It’s so annoying to have to drive in a light drizzle with wipers full on.
No. Lucid wants to choose for you. Let the human choose. Would be easy to add a button that cycled through low/med/high intermittent, low, high. Without auto. Preset speeds. There are so many rain, wind, light conditions Where the auto struggles. I find the auto to be too infrequent In many situations. Occasionally it is perfect. No harm is having auto, but also allowing the human to manually choose.

No. Lucid wants to choose for you. Let the human choose. Would be easy to add a button that cycled through low/med/high intermittent, low, high. Without auto. Preset speeds. There are so many rain, wind, light conditions Where the auto struggles. I find the auto to be too infrequent In many situations. Occasionally it is perfect. No harm is having auto, but also allowing the human to manually choose.
They have a low and high setting that’s not auto on the left side of the cockpit screen. The single and double dash lines..

They have a low and high setting that’s not auto on the left side of the cockpit screen. The single and double dash lines..
😂. I can’t see those from my driving position. I thought it was just space for future buttons. I would have used those so many times. Thanks.
I would still like those buttons to be low/med/high intermittent and low/high. It’s wanting a low or medium intermittent where I think the auto fails the most.

Last edited:
😂. I can’t see those from my driving position. I thought it was just space for future buttons. I would have used those so many times. Thanks.
Lmao love it!! You’re very welcome!

Is anyone actually satisfied with how the wipers work? Mine leave way too much water on the windshield to the point where it is a hazard unless I turn them full on. I’ve told service about it several times, but haven’t gotten a straight answer if this is something that can be fixed in service or if they just generally suck. It’s my only gripe with the car and think Lucid should address it with a recall. It’s so annoying to have to drive in a light drizzle with wipers full on.
Yes, I have this issue as well. They utterly suck and the glass having no hydrophobic coating doesn’t help at all. My driver side wiper does not make great contact with the glass and leaves trails all over the windshield. I’ve mentioned it to service and hopefully a replacement pair will address the issue. I wonder if the rubber is just dry from sitting on the lot in the sun and even if they’re new they just need to be replaced.

- ee
They work fine on my BMW 530e.
That’s the point. Not everything requires a complete structural change. As far as wipers are concerned, good enough is good enough. I’ve never paid any attention to windshield wipers in any other car because they just worked. It’s frustrating because to me wiper technology should be settled by now. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Put some rain x on there and it's fine. Easy to do and saves you a ton of headache. Or get a different coating like opticoat.

Mine worked fine after they were replaced.

Aquapel works better and last longer than Rain-X. I usually only have to apply it once on my windshields – the windshield gets replaced from rock strikes before the Aquapel wears out! The only down side is that the application can be a bit tricky:

I am appalled at how hard it is to even turn these things on... as the car is delivered it is, to my mind, patently unsafe! I can not turn them on without having to take my eyes off the road and concentrate on finding a virtual button on a touch screen with zero tactile feedback... I bought this car as I thought ALL the key safe driving controls had physical controls (and failed to do an explicit list check)... I now am seriously considering selling the car over this... I do not feel safe driving this car!

I am appalled at how hard it is to even turn these things on... as the car is delivered it is, to my mind, patently unsafe! I can not turn them on without having to take my eyes off the road and concentrate on finding a virtual button on a touch screen with zero tactile feedback... I bought this car as I thought ALL the key safe driving controls had physical controls (and failed to do an explicit list check)... I now am seriously considering selling the car over this... I do not feel safe driving this car!
Will Alexa turn the wipers on?

What is your experience w wipers on heavy rain? Mine go slow even on auto high and takes a longa time to go faster, the fastest I seen them I still consider them slower than other cars I own and sometimes not enough to allow visibility on super heavy rainfall.
Is it just my car or others out there with same experience? I still dont know why they have a auto low and auto high, auto should be auto period.
The wiper speed in a heavy rain lacks, my Cadillacs that had Rainsense on the other hand were awesome, actually the Jag does a great job also in auto sensing mode.
The more time you spend behind the wheel lends itself to control location and operation becoming second nature. Your confidence will build.

The wiper speed in a heavy rain lacks, my Cadillacs that had Rainsense on the other hand were awesome, actually the Jag does a great job also in auto sensing mode.

The more time you spend behind the wheel lends itself to control location and operation becoming second nature. Your confidence will build.
I have over 10 months behind the wheel of my DE but still find the cabin controls are poorly designed.

How do you remove ice and snow frozen to the wiper blades or wiper blades frozen to the wind shield -- open the frunk and do it from tbere?

I have over 10 months behind the wheel of my DE but still find the cabin controls are poorly designed.
I didn't say they were great, but I'm getting used to them. I have improved a lot using the turn signal without activating the wiper, and today I practiced putting the car in neutral so I don't get aggravated when pulling into the car wash and having the attendant looking at me like I have a sub 90 IQ as the wash pusher wheel lifts the car up and down because it's not in neutral 🤬😂

How do you remove ice and snow frozen to the wiper blades or wiper blades frozen to the wind shield -- open the frunk and do it from tbere?
I would hit them with the scraper just like I would on any other car.

Back