Windshield wipers

Maybe clean the wiper?
Clean wiper and window, (I like RainX myself), road oil, grease, tar etc all cause issues. I’ve only had my car for 2 weeks and we’ve had heavy rains in Portland Oregon area, I’ve notice swirl marks on the outside of my windshield ( not from manufacturing windshield polishing) that I need to try to remove was a couple of spots make my wipers stutter as they cross them. I’ll repost when I find something that clears it up and let you know.

I would hit them with the scraper just like I would on any other car.
Sometimes you need to lift them up and scrape along the rubber by nails or scraper and on both sides of the rubber. To do this you need to lift the wiper arm and i cant find a way doing this because the hood is in the way.

I am appalled at how hard it is to even turn these things on... as the car is delivered it is, to my mind, patently unsafe! I can not turn them on without having to take my eyes off the road and concentrate on finding a virtual button on a touch screen with zero tactile feedback... I bought this car as I thought ALL the key safe driving controls had physical controls (and failed to do an explicit list check)... I now am seriously considering selling the car over this... I do not feel safe driving this car!
If they worked as they are supposed to, the lack of a physical button wouldn’t matter at all. It is interesting that not everyone has the same issue, so maybe there is a fix. Seems a bit hasty to sell your car before giving Lucid the opportunity to make it right. I’m going to press the issue with service.

How do you remove ice and snow frozen to the wiper blades or wiper blades frozen to the wind shield -- open the frunk and do it from tbere?
Use the new de-ice mode.

IMG_4299.png

Sometimes you need to lift them up and scrape along the rubber by nails or scraper and on both sides of the rubber. To do this you need to lift the wiper arm and i cant find a way doing this because the hood is in the way.
I had the same issue with my CT6, although with that car I could turn the wipers on and then turn off the car while the wipers were 90* from there resting spot, there is no turning off our Lucids 🤔

It is unclear to me how simple window defog is now set... anyone know?

Isn't all of that obsoleted by the new deice mode?
I also know that I often want defrost on a low setting, not just full blast, as well as at times on a dehumidifier setting...

To quote the wif, "somebody needs to live in New England".

Isn't all of that obsoleted by the new deice mode?
I also know that I often want defrost on a low setting, not just full blast, as well as at times on a dehumidifier setting...
you can control that all from the climate panel

It appears on the left side of the cockpit display with the symbol posted in the photo
Thank you for the info, my car just got updated to 2.0.8 today, so maybe I'll see the wiper melt before the snow flies.

It’s easier to get to the wipers if you pop the frunk; that gives you a little gap for access to the wipers from the frunk side.

you can control that all from the climate panel
Thanks... quite unhappy to learn of a basic driving control that is hidden away on the pilot panel... I passed on other cars over this and this car was pitched in my experience as having these key controls... fail...

Thanks... quite unhappy to learn of a basic driving control that is hidden away on the pilot panel... I passed on other cars over this and this car was pitched in my experience as having these key controls... fail...
The defrost for windshield and rear window are on the left cockpit panel, you just push the buttons. You can then adjust the fan speed using the manual controls. It works like any other car I've owned before. I'm not entirely sure where the confusion is?

It’s easier to get to the wipers if you pop the frunk; that gives you a little gap for access to the wipers from the frunk side.
In my experience when the frunk is opened, that which is on the hood will now be in the frunk kwater, leaves, etc).

The defrost for windshield and rear window are on the left cockpit panel, you just push the buttons. You can then adjust the fan speed using the manual controls. It works like any other car I've owned before. I'm not entirely sure where the confusion is?
Isn't defrost now deice (not the same)...

Back