Why So Many Negative Forum Posts? I've Been a Very Happy Customer.

I would suspect there would be very few (if any) places to air (pardon the pun) grevances regarding Lucid ownership other than here. Having lived most of my career in the corporate world, I hear many more complaints than compliments. No comments for five nines uptime, but one thing out of your control goes wrong, nonstop whining!

In any case I look forward to being part of the experience with delivery next month!
You should see what Ford owners say in the Mach-e forums. If you knew what I knew then you would be surprised at what people put up with when they’re are “loyal”.

5 months and 5,000 miles, three 800 mile roundtrip road trips. Absolutely love driving this car. Most comfortable, luxurious, powerful car I've ever been in. Sold a 2021 Corvette C8 with no regrets. Before that, 20 years of 911 ownership.

Minor issues, some come and go. Happy to see the software evolving and am looking forward to a more predictable, consistent, and stable experience.

Hands down the most enjoyable car I've ever owned.

2 months and close to 2 months. My family makes any excuse to go for a ride. HAPPY

So, an Audi dealership near me had a white dream edition. It’s been sitting there for a while now. I’ve been extremely tempted to not jokingly ask if they’d want to trade for my AGT 😂. I wish I splurged a bit.
I mean, you might as well try. What are they going to do, banish you from buying another audi?

You should see what Ford owners say in the Mach-e forums. If you knew what I knew then you would be surprised at what people put up with when they’re are “loyal”.
Oh come on...can't do that

Great thread….I love mine 900 miles. Yes it has some quirks, but whatever! My favorite thing is to put it in sprint and floor it. Snaps my head back.

19k miles and very happy. Car is in for annual service and the loaner AGT is just as reliable and fun to drive. No major mechanical issues. Never stranded. Car charges at EAs fairly reliable when the stations are working. Range is underwhelming but I drive 80+mph on 21s so meh.

Satisfied with our purchase!

2000 miles on my AGT, and I love this car. The thing for me is that, generally, I  hate driving. But honestly I find the Air just super pleasurable (and fun!) to drive. Also, the quality and pace of software updates since the summer really convinced me I made the right choice - I feel like Lucid clearly focused on the right stuff first (the engineering and design of the car), and they are quickly improving the stuff that can be fixed over time. Any remaining issues I have with the software are relatively minor nits, and I'm confident those nits will eventually be fixed.

I have been a forum member since Dec 2021. The posts have been very informative and are largely the basis upon which I made my decision to buy my GTA. That and a long discussion with Zak Edson at the Boston studio last April. So, no the few negative posts are taken in context, and aside from the probably malicious and maladroit "analysis" of some journalists are not significant. I can understand the frustration of owners with different and unrealistic expectations of a new company and it is easy to vent on the keyboard. The reality is that there have been many exogenous problems like semiconductor shortages or other supply chain issues as well as the usual manufacturing problems that have impeded speedy manufacturing execution, but those are largely behind us.

Today's Bloomberg negative comment, as well as the recent Motor Trend article on cold weather range in an AGTP, may give prospective buyers pause, but they will find that Lucid is still the technological winner if they drive one and do the usual comparisons. The culture at Lucid is far different from that of other car companies and its staff is knowledgeable and respectful.

As a car enthusiast with ownership experience with sport-oriented luxury cars over 25 years, I have said here and will continue to say that the AGT is the most satisfying car I have owned, but a lot. While a bold statement, I believe that the evolution of Lucid will not be unlike the evolution of the 911. The last iteration of the 911 that I owned was a factory-ordered 991 Turbo S and that is the frame of reference that informs my comparison on driving dynamics, which seems an outrageous comment, but no less true. Form follows function I believe is Lucid's automobile philosophy. My former normally aspirated Panamera GTSs were impressive but no comparison to the dynamic capabilities of the AGT.

I have had my AGT since early Oct. and have happily driven it nearly 6,000 miles. Was it flawless upon delivery? No, but those items have been corrected. It gets better every time I drive it actually and subjectively. In a week I will embark on a 2,000-mile cross-country trip with my dog so can report on that experience, if not with the granularity of other members who share their experience, as I do not intend to keep notes, just to drive and be grateful for such an amazing automotive experience.

19k miles and very happy. Car is in for annual service and the loaner AGT is just as reliable and fun to drive. No major mechanical issues. Never stranded. Car charges at EAs fairly reliable when the stations are working. Range is underwhelming but I drive 80+mph on 21s so meh.

Satisfied with our purchase!
Wait, you got an AGT as a LOANER????????????

That will never happen for those of us that live an overnight trip from the closest Service Center, for whatever reason the car needs service. On the plus side though, maybe the mobile service guys can do these annual checks. Anyone know what is involved in the annual service visit and if the car has to go to a Service Center to complete said service? I had not thought about it up until this, but the mobile guys are now going to have this piled on top of their current workload in an ever-increasing amount.

This may lead to another question, but better post another separate thread regarding that.

Im only a few months in and 1000 miles but I have already seen the rapid software transformation by Lucid.
I have had virtually no hardware or fit and finish issues with my Touring.
Best of all, I smile every time I get to drive it…
A very fast, very smooth and beautifully designed automobile. And no more gas stations!

Wait, you got an AGT as a LOANER????????????

That will never happen for those of us that live an overnight trip from the closest Service Center, for whatever reason the car needs service. On the plus side though, maybe the mobile service guys can do these annual checks. Anyone know what is involved in the annual service visit and if the car has to go to a Service Center to complete said service? I had not thought about it up until this, but the mobile guys are now going to have this piled on top of their current workload in an ever-increasing amount.

This may lead to another question, but better post another separate thread regarding that.
I did! Exact car as mine but the trim that I wanted (Tahoe) instead of the one my wife wanted and got (Santa Cruz) 😂. The loaner fleet is building! Interestingly, the free charging didn’t initially work with loaner. I had to call EA to push the free charge. Messaged Team Lucid and it seems they have fixed it. Hopefully for the whole loaner fleet VIN pool.

I did ask about Costa Mesa doing a mobile annual service and they said it’s currently not available. Great points on workload so that may adjust.

Wow, I bet even @SaratogaLefty didn't expect this much of a response. This is great to see.

Six weeks and 1200 miles in (just from driving for almost no reason) and this car is just flat out amazing.
My intent with this posting initially was just to provide some balance and show prospective buyers that many (most) owners are very satisfied with their car. The response has in fact exceeded my expectations and I am very happy to see so many owners who have not previously been very active on the forum responding. There are some owners who unfortunately have experienced problems but as this post hopefully indicates, there are substantially more who have been very pleased with their ownership experience. Further, I feel it is safe to say that the vast majority of the problems encountered thus far have been fully addressed by Lucid after sales service and support.

I did! Exact car as mine but the trim that I wanted (Tahoe) instead of the one my wife wanted and got (Santa Cruz) 😂. The loaner fleet is building! Interestingly, the free charging didn’t initially work with loaner. I had to call EA to push the free charge. Messaged Team Lucid and it seems they have fixed it. Hopefully for the whole loaner fleet VIN pool.

I did ask about Costa Mesa doing a mobile annual service and they said it’s currently not available. Great points on workload so that may adjust
Side comment - they inspect the underbody for annual service which is why it can't be done mobile.

Back