Why So Many Negative Forum Posts? I've Been a Very Happy Customer.

SaratogaLefty

Verified Owner
Cars
Dream Edition P 21"
DE Number
I guess it is the nature of auto forums that negative postings seem to dominate. I for one am very happy with my Lucid. I'm coming up on 9000 miles and every time I get into the car it makes me smile and I just enjoy the driving experience. I'm aware there are many of us who feel the same way and I'm wondering if there is a way to also identify those who are generally happy with their cars?? Maybe if those who feel as I do can post a brief reply to this posting, then perhaps individuals who come to this forum for information won't leave with an overly negative opinion of the car? Not trying to create a "fanboy" atmosphere but just trying to establish some offset to the overly negative tone of this forum.

I guess it is the nature of auto forums that negative postings seem to dominate. I for one am very happy with my Lucid. I'm coming up on 9000 miles and every time I get into the car it makes me smile and I just enjoy the driving experience. I'm aware there are many of us who feel the same way and I'm wondering if there is a way to also identify those who are generally happy with their cars?? Maybe if those who feel as I do can post a brief reply to this posting, then perhaps individuals who come to this forum for information won't leave with an overly negative opinion of the car? Not trying to create a "fanboy" atmosphere but just trying to establish some offset to the overly negative tone of this forum.
I'm in the same boat. I'll be hitting 10,000 miles in the next month and have been very happy with the car. I generally use it for short commutes and errands, but have taken it on road trips to San Diego and the Bay Area, as well as to Santa Barbara a few times. No complaints other than the software, which continues to improve (phone key is now working too well!), and having lower efficiency than advertised, but that's primarily on me for driving 75-80 on 21s.

I've had no major mechanical issues. The only service I've required in 9 months was a tire blowout at 700 miles, replacement of my license plate holder, and an upcoming mobile service for a carpeted panel that fell off.

Very pleased and would definitely buy again!

Yea, I agree. Don’t have nearly as many miles as you, but in general, I have been completely satisfied. Certainly, there have been some minor nuisances, but driving the car throughout the winter months here has been safe, enjoyable, and just an overall peaceful experience. Even with the range reduction I have experienced I can still pull almost 300 miles on a single charge.

I love this car as well. At over 14,000 miles in 11 months, I am extremely happy with this car and miss it when it is in the shop (i've had 3 tires go recently and damaged 2 rims with some very large potholes i didn't see until too late in the dark). I've only had minor issues that were easily fixed.

I should elaborate: range reduction in winter only. Not warmer months .

" .... and I was humiliated when a piece of rubber strip got loose and the map light didn't point at my mascara line. Not only that, I was driving past my headlights in rain and hit something that burst my hymen."

" ...but , I love the car."

I agree. I don't have as such many miles as others. Just crossed 2500 miles as i have only done short trips locally. Been with the car for 5 months now. Love the car and drive. I am so happy to see atleast 3 different Lucid Airs in my neighborhood now. The number are growing and wish to easy many more.

I guess it is the nature of auto forums that negative postings seem to dominate.
Only because there is no place to mount bigger turbos and intercoolers; there is no engine-swap section; no big brake kits; sway bar forums; seafoam ..(those people) ... how to build aero kits from styrofoam meat trays and epoxy-pantihose.... none of the fun stuff.

Our Lucid Mods Section: "oooh ! lookie lookie! a dust cap with a bear decal ! woo woo! "

After all this time nobody seems to even know the mass of the wheels, how they are built, what the bolt pattern/offset is ... basic car guy stuff = because nobody cares. The car is that good.

I'll take the whiners. Pathetic losers do not know what they have, and what a moment in automotive history. We few. We happy few.

Last edited:
I only have about 1000 miles on mine and it is presently getting some mismatched panels being repainted. I’ve been without it for a week and I miss the comfort and ease of driving this great machine. I can’t wait to get reacquainted with Moby on Friday and then take our first long trip to Napa/Sonoma next week!

My car will be one year old on Friday with about 7800 miles. I have never before had a car that is as much fun to drive as my AGT. I still look for excuses to to take it for a drive. I love almost everything about the car; design, performance, handling, space, interior layout, interior materials, sound system and the attention that it attracts. The software is progressing to where it may annoy at times but is not a detraction from driving. I have been into the service center more times than I expected but the car has never let me down. The Scottsdale service team is outstanding. The thought of NOT taking my AGT somewhere because of a reliability risk never crosses my mind.

My only regret is not splurging for the Dream Edition. For anyone thinking about upgrading to Touring from Pure or from Touring to Grand Touring, my advice is if you can swing it financially, go for it. I doubt that you will regret upgrading.

My mileage is miniscule compared to others in this post.
Have had the car only since December.
My fobs and door handles do work, in contrast to the annoying experience affecting other posters.
Once in a blue moon, the surround view is lagging.
The distracted driver warning shows up periodically.
Really nothing to complain about .
The handling and performance is 100% as good as described in the forum.
Agree with @Adnillien's comment re. upgrading.
We reserved a T and ended up with a GT.
Wish that we'd changed to GT earlier.
Now, if Michelin and others can speed up their production of all-season EV tires, I'd be totally happy.

Last edited:
I have 4000 miles and have had the car 6 months. It has been a true pleasure to drive. The software keeps getting better.

Add me to the list of those who love their Air! It's one of the most fun to drive luxury sedans I've ever had, and it never ceases to make me smile when I'm on the road.

Like others, the software keeps improving, and I hope this continues. If you're on the fence, buy one! You won't regret it. And, don't forget........HAVE FUN with it!

Add me to the list of happy drivers! I'm coming up on 2000 miles, but can already tell how much I will continue to enjoy the ride. I've only been in the shop once for about a week when Lucid proactively swapped out my HV Battery Pack. That was a long week, and my wife got a kick out of me tracking the transport as our baby was coming home. I am really experiencing two problems: my Infinite Black shows the dirt, and my wife is starting to want to "borrow the car" more than ever...

I would suspect there would be very few (if any) places to air (pardon the pun) grevances regarding Lucid ownership other than here. Having lived most of my career in the corporate world, I hear many more complaints than compliments. No comments for five nines uptime, but one thing out of your control goes wrong, nonstop whining!

In any case I look forward to being part of the experience with delivery next month!

Back