Wheel/tire size poll.

Wheel tire/size preference poll:

• I have the 21s and wish I’d gotten the 19s.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have the 19s and wish I’d gotten the 21s.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
I know this has been discussed, but I’d like to get some numbers as the group grows.

I have the 19" wheels because I liked the look better than the 21" but now that some people are have tire issues with the 21s, I am glad I have 19s.

I have both, but I use the 21s for daily driving. I switch to the 19s when I'm taking long road trip. The 21s ride *way* better.

I wonder why the 21“ ride better. Don’t the 19“ have wider side walls which translates to more flex on rough roads which translates to a smoother ride?

i had the original poll and i was surprised by the (almost) even split between 21" and 19". ask me in two months how my 21" is performing. if i get a bubble, i might swap for 19" wheels and sell the 21" or get a set of Michelin 21" tires.

I was under the impression that there are no sanctioned 21” Michelins for the Air….

I wonder why the 21“ ride better. Don’t the 19“ have wider side walls which translates to more flex on rough roads which translates to a smoother ride?
It depends on your definitions of 'ride better'; I suppose I could have been more clear. I prefer a stiffer ride, so I can feel the road more, and I prefer the 21s because they *handle* better.

You're right that the 19s are 'softer'. Having launched on both, I will never launch on the 19s again. They don't stick to the road enough. They were stable, but skid, and skid loudly, heh.

someone already swapped them for Michelins and they are happy.
If you remember which Michelins please reply. I use them on all my vehicles and absolutely hate Pirelli’s. Had them on two MB’s and they were terribly loud….

If you remember which Michelins please reply. I use them on all my vehicles and absolutely hate Pirelli’s. Had them on two MB’s and they were terribly loud….
All Season Pilot Sport 4S

"There are also two special vehicles on the list worth pointing out: The just-launched and 2022 MotorTrend Car of the Year Lucid Air and the boutique, exotic Rimac Nevera. The Lucid Air's huge range and monster performance are helped along by MICHELIN® Pilot® Sport EV tires."

Without further ado, here is the list of every current and soon-to-arrive EV that is available with MICHELIN® tires, with more coming all the time.

• BMW i4
  • BMW iX
  • Cadillac Lyric
  • Chevrolet Bolt
  • Ford F-150 Lightning
  • Ford Mustang Mach-E
  • Hyundai Ioniq5
  • Lucid Air
  • Nissan Leaf
  • Porsche Taycan
  • Rimac Nevera
  • Tesla Model 3
  • Tesla Model S
  • Tesla Model X
  • Tesla Model Y
  • Polestar 2

Thanks for the information. Looked on the link to the Michelin site and Lucid is not listed yet but it must be soon…

I am seriously interested in the Michelin's for the 21" if they are all-season. Was just given the option to take a GT (not in my configuration) that has 21", but need winter tires for mid-west. I asked the cost to buy the 19's separately and was told $3750 installed and balanced. Will try to get more info from Michelin tomorrow. Any thoughts from experienced owners appreciated!

I am seriously interested in the Michelin's for the 21" if they are all-season. Was just given the option to take a GT (not in my configuration) that has 21", but need winter tires for mid-west. I asked the cost to buy the 19's separately and was told $3750 installed and balanced. Will try to get more info from Michelin tomorrow. Any thoughts from experienced owners appreciated!
@Dreamed has a couple of posts - she got her car at the initial Dream delivery event and switched to the Michelins for the winter. She's happy with them and says even though they don't have noise suppressing foam, the wind noise is greater than road noise at speed.

Your poll only addresses people who have a car now. That's very limited. Why did you not add I plan to get 19", 20", 21"??? So then you open up the data to everyone.

Your poll only addresses people who have a car now. That's very limited. Why did you not add I plan to get 19", 20", 21"??? So then you open up the data to everyone.
Unfortunately, I can't edit this poll. I don't know if a moderator can do it or not.

I have both, but I use the 21s for daily driving. I switch to the 19s when I'm taking long road trip. The 21s ride *way* better.
Does that mean you have bring all 4 tires to SC to swap and recalibrate when you switch???

I’m happy with handling of my GT. I’m not sure how 19” feels like, but potentially get 510 miles range is huge attraction. Since I’m not going cross country anytime soon and I’m in a tropical climate zone, I’m happy with 455 range.

@Dreamed has a couple of posts - she got her car at the initial Dream delivery event and switched to the Michelins for the winter. She's happy with them and says even though they don't have noise suppressing foam, the wind noise is greater than road noise at speed.
I looked up the Michelin Pilot Sport that are rated for all season, and they specifically say they’ll work in light snow, and that the stopping on ice is below average. Probably not a good choice for midwestern winters. No dedicated winter tire for 21’s at this point. Will do the swap

Back