What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

To each their own, I guess! I wonder if it has to do with how it recognizes our respective voices? I find Alexa hates me, but loves my wife. Google, on the other hand, seems to try to intentionally piss me off by pretending it heard things I definitely didn't say...
A friend who emigrated from Kyiv hates Google for the same reason - it just doesn't understand her.
The only problem we've had is that when my wife asks Google to play "Mellow Classics", it sometimes plays "Metal Classics" instead, which is very unwelcome.

A friend who emigrated from Kyiv hates Google for the same reason - it just doesn't understand her.
The only problem we've had is that when my wife asks Google to play "Mellow Classics", it sometimes plays "Metal Classics" instead, which is very unwelcome.
English is not my first language and I will say, none of the assistants (Google, Alexa, Siri) are kind to me, but they love my wife's voice .. she prefers Google, so, "Google it is" for us :)

You can, I should have clarified to mean when I have no fob/card/mobile key.
I guess facial recognition or other biometrics identification is possible.

For now, though, I find that adding the Valet card into my wallet alongside my license and CCs is better than nothing.

If you have a calendar meeting on your phone that is set to meet at a street address, the car should start climate controls to warm the car or cool it before you leave

(there should be an option in the Lucid app to enable this and set how many minutes prior to meetings to activate climate)

The Lucid app still feels pretty basic. I didn’t go through all 16 pages of comments on this thread, so I am guessing some of these points are already brought up by others.

Improvements needed

1. Show the latest software version of the car. I don’t think it shows. Or may be I am missing.

2. Remotely warm up or cool down the car interior and seats/steering.

3. Allow the car to be backed out or parked in - into a tight parking space while standing outside. Really really helpful feature on Tesla Summon.

4. Set up charging time. I am sure many have mentioned it. Electricity is usually cheapest after midnight.

The above will be a few good starting points. There are plenty more. :)
I’m scratching my head because before the 2.0 updates, we had the ability to schedule a charge. When I asked Lucid about it after the updates all I received was “scheduled charging is not supported”. No indication of if they are working on it. My charging rates are double the cost before midnight, so it’s a real pain to have to stay up until midnight just to charge my car. I really wish somebody at Lucid would acknowledge the issue and let us know what the plan is.

I’m scratching my head because before the 2.0 updates, we had the ability to schedule a charge. When I asked Lucid about it after the updates all I received was “scheduled charging is not supported”. No indication of if they are working on it. My charging rates are double the cost before midnight, so it’s a real pain to have to stay up until midnight just to charge my car. I really wish somebody at Lucid would acknowledge the issue and let us know what the plan is.
Lucid has never had the feature to schedule charging.

Various EVSEs do support it, but Lucid has never supported it yet.

Mine does throw an error with the Wallbox, but also does start charging at the correct time. From what I gather, Chargepoint seems to not do that.

Mine does throw an error with the Wallbox, but also does start charging at the correct time. From what I gather, Chargepoint seems to not do that.
Prior to the update, I had the ability to schedule a charge through my Chargepoint Home Flex. After the update, I can’t. This is how I charged my car for 4,000 miles, so you are incorrect saying that it never supported it, unless you are talking about the Lucid app. Either way, I can’t schedule a charge any longer. Many members here have reported the same issue. It’s a big one for those of us who charge at home and have EV charging plans.

Prior to the update, I had the ability to schedule a charge through my Chargepoint Home Flex. After the update, I can’t. This is how I charged my car for 4,000 miles, so you are incorrect saying that it never supported it, unless you are talking about the Lucid app. Either way, I can’t schedule a charge any longer. Many members here have reported the same issue. It’s a big one for those of us who charge at home and have EV charging plans.
He was referring to schedule charging in the car or the Lucid app, not through the EVSE

So the Lucid will begin charging at the correct time on a Wallbox without having to wake it? On the 2.0 software? My ChargePoint throws errors as well. The Lucid won’t start charging unless I wake it within the scheduled charging times. It worked just fine before the 2.0 updates, but ever since then, I cannot use the ChargePoint Flex to schedule a charge.

My charge point throws error but then at the proper start timer it starts.

So the Lucid will begin charging at the correct time on a Wallbox without having to wake it? On the 2.0 software? My ChargePoint throws errors as well. The Lucid won’t start charging unless I wake it within the scheduled charging times. It worked just fine before the 2.0 updates, but ever since then, I cannot use the ChargePoint Flex to schedule a charge.
Yes.

I’d like to see much faster wake-up times… or don’t wake the car up unless it’s needed. Sometimes I just want to check remaining charge.

I’d like to see much faster wake-up times… or don’t wake the car up unless it’s needed. Sometimes I just want to check remaining charge.
this is now achievable if you use the iOS widget. It shows the remaining miles without having to open the app or waking up the car. I believe the widget periodically updates itself so the miles remaining is pretty accurate.

Us folks with Android devices don't have access to any of the widgets that were recently released for iOS.

Widgets are common in Android devices. Lucid, when will widgets be available with the Android app?

Us folks with Android devices don't have access to any of the widgets that were recently released for iOS.

Widgets are common in Android devices. Lucid, when will widgets be available with the Android app?
I'm actually pretty curious if Lucid would be willing to release what percentage of app users are on iOS vs. Android. I'm an Android user myself, and have been for the past 10 years, but more and more I find that Apple's intransigence in opening up iMessage has made it more difficult to stay on Android. Seriously, the vast majority of friends of mine have iPhones, and I now am met with cries of "Ugh, austinlucid is on Android and he's screwing up our group chats." (and, to be clear, it's not the "blue/green" message nonsense that's often reported in the media - it's that cross iOS/Android messaging, especially in group chats, just fundamentally sucks - videos are basically unwatchable, no emoji reactions, my messages randomly don't show up, etc.) I really don't want to get an iPhone due to what I see is Apple's monopolistic behavior, but at some point I may just throw in the towel.

I know that's a bit off topic, but I'd assume that the vast majority of Lucid owners are iPhone users, so I wouldn't be surprised if Lucid is prioritizing Android support lower on the list.

I'm actually pretty curious if Lucid would be willing to release what percentage of app users are on iOS vs. Android. I'm an Android user myself, and have been for the past 10 years, but more and more I find that Apple's intransigence in opening up iMessage has made it more difficult to stay on Android. Seriously, the vast majority of friends of mine have iPhones, and I now am met with cries of "Ugh, austinlucid is on Android and he's screwing up our group chats." (and, to be clear, it's not the "blue/green" message nonsense that's often reported in the media - it's that cross iOS/Android messaging, especially in group chats, just fundamentally sucks - videos are basically unwatchable, no emoji reactions, my messages randomly don't show up, etc.) I really don't want to get an iPhone due to what I see is Apple's monopolistic behavior, but at some point I may just throw in the towel.

I know that's a bit off topic, but I'd assume that the vast majority of Lucid owners are iPhone users, so I wouldn't be surprised if Lucid is prioritizing Android support lower on the list.
lol ... my brother in law felt pressured to switch to Apple for the reasons you listed .. btw, one of the biggest problems was that groups would be started w/o him and then no one could add him w/o having to create new groups.

lol ... my brother in law felt pressured to switch to Apple for the reasons you listed .. btw, one of the biggest problems was that groups would be started w/o him and then no one could add him w/o having to create new groups.
I have a large group chat with a few Android users, and there's only one of them that really causes us headaches. I think he has a much older Android phone, whereas everyone else seems to be on something pretty recent. But pretty much every group thread he is on splits into multiple threads whenever anyone else replies, etc. We've discussed pitching in and buying the guy an iPhone or newer Android device just so we can stop the madness.

If he weren't such a nice guy, we probably would have stopped including him a long time ago.

I have no idea what the technical difficulties are in getting the Messages system to play well with Android messaging. But I know Apple enough to know if they could make it better UX without giving up their end-to-end encryption for Messages, they'd likely spend the resources. Bad UX is still bad UX.

Google have conveniently blamed Apple for all of this, suggesting Apple transfer their Messages service over to Google's system, but that would be ludicrous. Messages is a major competitive advantage for Apple. And the fact that not even the government can compel Apple to hand over your message history is not something I'd be happy about giving up, no matter how many of my friends are on Android.

Ideally companies would get together and develop a new standard that maintains all of the advantages of Messages with encryption while being more open. But I can see why Apple wouldn't be anxious to get on board with that.

Bottom line here is there are a lot of technical hurdles involved here. It's not just one company or other being monopolistic, blah blah.

Back