What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

Being an Android user, I do understand why Apple App is developed first. A much smaller QA matrix compared to Android. However, they could prioritize Google, Samsung, One Plus. Particularly on a high end car, you can expect most of the high end users to have usually Google or Samsung phones.
Totally!!

I just spent 15 minutes trying to get a EA charging station to work that the Lucid app reported as available. I could not get it to work. The app reported authentication errors or payment declined.

I tried another station after a vehicle left, and my charging worked immediately.

The app should allow me to report the EA station ID I originally tried as non-functional. Or it should do it automatically.

The app could show the date and time last used successfully of all EA stations by a Lucid owner. And show the date and time when Lucid owners reported a non-functional station.

More information about the state of public charging stations of valuable to drivers.

Being new to the app and having used it a lot over the last week, I'm not sure if I'm in the minority, but I wanted to ask everyone how is their app performance?
Is the app immediately responsive? Does waking the car up sometimes take 5-10+ seconds?
Does setting the climate take 5-10+ seconds sometimes?

I know when you check the app it wakes the car, and it can lead to these small delays I'm mentioning.

But sometimes it's a little annoying to have to wait and then keep the app open or double check to make sure climate did actually activate.

So I'd like to propose a feature for the app, whatever actions are pressed, queue them server side from the request that's being made so we don't have to double check or keep the app on until whatever happens.

So if I go to my Lucid app, click the climate, and set it to 80, click the turn on, and close the app.

That action should've been sent out as an API request but queued as a backlog that is done sequentially until all of my actions are complete. And if an action fails for whatever reason, send a notification to try the action again, or to open the app.

Just my 2 cents as an Android user.

Will install the Lucid app on my iPhone to see the difference.

Being new to the app and having used it a lot over the last week, I'm not sure if I'm in the minority, but I wanted to ask everyone how is their app performance?
Is the app immediately responsive? Does waking the car up sometimes take 5-10+ seconds?

I know when you check the app it wakes the car, and it can lead to these small delays I'm mentioning.

But sometimes it's a little annoying to have to wait and then keep the app open or double check to make sure climate did actually activate.

So I'd like to propose a feature for the app, whatever actions are pressed, queue them server side from the request that's being made so we don't have to double check or keep the app on until whatever happens.

So if I go to my Lucid app, click the climate, and set it to 80, click the turn on, and close the app.

That action should've been sent out as an API request but queued as a backlog that is done sequentially until all of my actions are complete. And if an action fails for whatever reason, send a notification to try the action again, or to open the app.

Yes, the way to set climate is to open the app then wait until you get the status of the car before activation of any action.

If you use the iPhone widget it makes it a bit faster as it does queue the interaction while it wakes the car up, it seems.

Also, this is similar time to other car apps, including Tesla, fwiw.

If you use the iPhone widget it makes it a bit faster as it does queue the interaction while it wakes the car up, it seems.

Also, this is similar time to other car apps, including Tesla, fwiw.
So it's probably just the Android club, because yeah, it's a little bit wait for each action including waking the car up. Queuing up actions is definitely a big thumbs up

So it's probably just the Android club, because yeah, it's a little bit wait for each action including waking the car up. Queuing up actions is definitely a big thumbs up
Yea for Android, just wait for the car to wake up before you do anything. It varies from 15 seconds to never, highly dependent on cell signal.

No .. same for Apple iPhones .. plenty of entries about it. The widget did seem to improve the experience, but lately, I see no difference between opening the app from the widget as I do from the phone .. both are slow .. (and I stand at the car [looking like I'm trying to steal it] waiting for the car to "wake up" .. +30 secs .. +30 secs ..).

No .. same for Apple iPhones .. plenty of entries about it. The widget did seem to improve the experience, but lately, I see no difference between opening the app from the widget as I do from the phone .. both are slow .. (and I stand at the car [looking like I'm trying to steal it] waiting for the car to "wake up" .. +30 secs .. +30 secs ..).
On that note, is keeping location access to always and using your phone as a key a battery brain for anyone else?

I disabled always location access and changed it to just when I have the app open, and so when I get near the car it doesn't know I'm there by distance. I have to push the door handle in. And sometimes even that doesn't do it, so I have to go to the app and click unlock.

Whereas with the fob is reacted immediately and was much more convenient.

I also do carry a valet card with me at all times in my wallet

So ran into a problem today I never knew I would have.

Was in a parking garage and without signal I couldn't use the app to unlock the doors of the Lucid.
I had Bluetooth on and the app open, but it didn't detect me either, pressed the door handle, nothing.

Good thing I had a valet card.

I might be tempted of carrying the fob with me everywhere now

So ran into a problem today I never knew I would have.

Was in a parking garage and without signal I couldn't use the app to unlock the doors of the Lucid.
I had Bluetooth on and the app open, but it didn't detect me either, pressed the door handle, nothing.

Good thing I had a valet card.

I might be tempted of carrying the fob with me everywhere now
Strange that the bluetooth connection didn't work ... I wonder if the phone's NFC feature can act like the valet card (by placing the phone above the pillar) .. if not, it probably should if bluetooth fails in these types of situations.

Strange that the bluetooth connection didn't work ... I wonder if the phone's NFC feature can act like the valet card (by placing the phone above the pillar) .. if not, it probably should if bluetooth fails in these types of situations.
I don't know why Bluetooth works sometimes, not always.
And that would be great, the NFC feature.

but I am not leaving my location on to precise location all the time, drains my battery extremely fast.

I don't know why Bluetooth works sometimes, not always.
And that would be great, the NFC feature.

but I am not leaving my location on to precise location all the time, drains my battery extremely fast.
I get the battery issue with your phone, but this is likely the reason your Bluetooth isn't opening the doors. The non-precise location you give an iOS app is very vague. Like, more than a city block vague. No way the car could know you were within X feet of the door.

I have several apps I give precise location to, and I've never experienced severe battery drain on my phone. Is this just the Lucid app you've noticed the battery drain with? Or is this a problem for you with any app you give always on precise location to? If it's just the Lucid app, there's likely a bug there somewhere that keeps the app doing too much in the background. If it happens with other apps, there could be an issue with your phone.

I need (want) the app to connect to the Lucid home charger, provide details of the charging sessions as the ChargePoint app AND have scheduled charging.

I get the battery issue with your phone, but this is likely the reason your Bluetooth isn't opening the doors. The non-precise location you give an iOS app is very vague. Like, more than a city block vague. No way the car could know you were within X feet of the door.

I have several apps I give precise location to, and I've never experienced severe battery drain on my phone. Is this just the Lucid app you've noticed the battery drain with? Or is this a problem for you with any app you give always on precise location to? If it's just the Lucid app, there's likely a bug there somewhere that keeps the app doing too much in the background. If it happens with other apps, there could be an issue with your phone.
fyi .. bluetooth doesn't operate outside a 30' range (or so) .. there should be no need for a GPS location verification to know that you are near the car.

fyi .. bluetooth doesn't operate outside a 30' range (or so) .. there should be no need for a GPS location verification to know that you are near the car.
Oh, fair point. Location should not be the issue, then. It would rely just on Bluetooth signal from the car and the phone. Hmmm.

If Bluetooth is running on your phone, and the Lucid app has access to Bluetooth, I don't know what would cause this. Interference of some sort?

I would assume the car, even when asleep, is not turning off its Bluetooth searching. That should be running 24/7, and Bluetooth LTE can do that with very little power. But maybe it's getting interrupted somehow? If it happens to fobs and phones alike, it seems like it's the car that is failing here, not the authentication device.

Oh, fair point. Location should not be the issue, then. It would rely just on Bluetooth signal from the car and the phone. Hmmm.

If Bluetooth is running on your phone, and the Lucid app has access to Bluetooth, I don't know what would cause this. Interference of some sort?

I would assume the car, even when asleep, is not turning off its Bluetooth searching. That should be running 24/7, and Bluetooth LTE can do that with very little power. But maybe it's getting interrupted somehow? If it happens to fobs and phones alike, it seems like it's the car that is failing here, not the authentication device.
I've been keeping my Bluetooth active, and it shows I'm connected to Lucid. But still takes too long to unlock the car. And I'm standing there pushing on the handles.

Anyone else experiencing similar things to me?

Given that fact that my car became undriveable after the .35 update, I'd like to see two things from the app:

A way to revert to the previous software version
The app to show me if there are any errors with the car. My Land Rover Defender will send me a message that it has detected an error and will send a message to my phone via the app with the error code and what the problem is (e.g., low tire pressure, window remains open, etc.)

Given that fact that my car became undriveable after the .35 update, I'd like to see two things from the app:

A way to revert to the previous software version
The app to show me if there are any errors with the car. My Land Rover Defender will send me a message that it has detected an error and will send a message to my phone via the app with the error code and what the problem is (e.g., low tire pressure, window remains open, etc.)
Why is your car undriveable after .35?

Why is your car undriveable after .35?
Because I woke up to this after installing .35, resets didn't fix it. Towed in today.
IMG_0088 2.jpeg

Back