What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

I second this, like sentry-mode, I really really want this ASAP.
During rush hour had some crappy beat down truck try to run me off the road, and there 6 inches of snow on the road.
Dude was probably going to hit me and run, because when I got into the yellow center lines (the turning lane), he was 6 inches across the line, which meant he was deliberately trying to hit me from what I saw.

Definitely need recording, dash cam footage, sentry mode, etc...
Too many road ragers on the west coast and full of crappy drivers.
Whenever it snows or rains, people forget how to drive or keep following distance. Scares the crap out of me

I'd certainly like to see this functionality. On my BMW, some guy rear ended me and immediately the car reported that it was capturing the activity on Drive Recorder. As I recall, Drive Recorder (assuming you subscribe to it), is running all the time, and when invoked, will capture the previous 20 seconds and subsequent 20 seconds, saving to the hard drive.

As an aside, the guy started to take off, but I got out too fast and there was traffic. In the video, you can see him trying to leave. We ended up pulling over, exchanging information (he had no insurance), then when he found out I had called the police he took off.

I'd certainly like to see this functionality. On my BMW, some guy rear ended me and immediately the car reported that it was capturing the activity on Drive Recorder. As I recall, Drive Recorder (assuming you subscribe to it), is running all the time, and when invoked, will capture the previous 20 seconds and subsequent 20 seconds, saving to the hard drive.

As an aside, the guy started to take off, but I got out too fast and there was traffic. In the video, you can see him trying to leave. We ended up pulling over, exchanging information (he had no insurance), then when he found out I had called the police he took off.

This is very useful. Few months back, my Wrangler was rear-ended by a Dodge Charger at traffic light. As I came down to exchange insurance info, he immediately drove off. I tried to take out my phone to take picture of his license plate, it was too late. Had I have cameras on car, I could have turn it in to cops to press charge. With so many cameras like Lucid Air, it would be distinguish feature down the road for this car.

Given that this thread is about what you would like out of the mobile app, I assume you folks are saying you would like to be able to see the cameras on your phone in real time from the sentry mode in addition to capturing the video on a memory card. I think that is a great idea.

Given that this thread is about what you would like out of the mobile app, I assume you folks are saying you would like to be able to see the cameras on your phone in real time from the sentry mode in addition to capturing the video on a memory card. I think that is a great idea.
Yes. I think a lot of improvements are going to need to be made in communication between the car and mobile app before something like this is possible. But it would be welcome, indeed.

Worth noting, too, that these sorts of features drain battery. I ended up turning off Sentry Mode many times because the daily drain was getting to be a bit much. Particularly when parked at an airport away from a charger while on a trip. Just when I needed it most.

I definitely would vote to have access to the cameras through the app and recording. I was in SF last week and parked the car in an apartment complex garage. We took a different car and were out for dinner, got a message that someone was looking into the Lucid with a torch and to log in and check what's going on (they were surprised when I said I couldn't). The only thing I could do to try and deter this person was honk the horn. Fortunately, the person who alerted us yelled "what are you doing" and they ran off.

We got back to the apartment, nothing was done to the car and I moved it to a different location in the garage. That night 5 cars in the garage had their windows smashed. Being alerted if the cameras detect someone or something would be nice to have in the app.

Realized my original post was littered with typos. Sorry. Reposting.

Just found out my bricking issue was because some of the files on the .35 download were corrupt or not present. This makes me want even more a way to revert to a previous software version via the app. Of course, that assumes you would be able to see the current version on the car via the app, which you can't.
I just don't understand how this can happen. Is Lucid not doing hash verification / integrity checks on their updates before installing?

This is very useful. Few months back, my Wrangler was rear-ended by a Dodge Charger at traffic light. As I came down to exchange insurance info, he immediately drove off. I tried to take out my phone to take picture of his license plate, it was too late. Had I have cameras on car, I could have turn it in to cops to press charge. With so many cameras like Lucid Air, it would be distinguish feature down the road for this car.
Also the Lucid has very good quality and high res cameras, it should be very possible to grab a license plate from the video or still from the video.

To distinguish:
I think the ability to view these recordings from the app should be available.

As well as to monitor the cameras or view through the cameras from the app at any given time. Even the ability to record and save whatever you're seeing (similar to Blink or Ring cameras)

And so being available on the app, it should be easy to download or share

Also the Lucid has very good quality and high res cameras, it should be very possible to grab a license plate from the video or still from the video.

To distinguish:
I think the ability to view these recordings from the app should be available.

As well as to monitor the cameras or view through the cameras from the app at any given time. Even the ability to record and save whatever you're seeing (similar to Blink or Ring cameras)

And so being available on the app, it should be easy to download or share
We have enough battery in the car to spare for these recordings. Why not use it?! Fingers crossed. 🤞

We have enough battery in the car to spare for these recordings. Why not use it?! Fingers crossed. 🤞
Yeah honestly the range and efficiency of the car isn't talked about even as much as it is, but you never realize how quickly batteries drain in the cold. Or even from rash driving. Getting 2.0 to 2.5 mi/kw means you're losing range pretty quick.

That being said, other EV's who advertise at 300 miles on a full charge or even 250, realistically they're getting like half or 60% of that in the winter.

The Lucid is the only vehicle I've seen where I can drain some battery and still not be worried. I love this car!

Yeah honestly the range and efficiency of the car isn't talked about even as much as it is, but you never realize how quickly batteries drain in the cold. Or even from rash driving. Getting 2.0 to 2.5 mi/kw means you're losing range pretty quick.

That being said, other EV's who advertise at 300 miles on a full charge or even 250, realistically they're getting like half or 60% of that in the winter.

The Lucid is the only vehicle I've seen where I can drain some battery and still not be worried. I love this car!
I’ve heard from Tesla owners that the sentry mode camera recording may put car awake than to sleep and drain a lot of juice. But I think in dime environment, it is ok to have piece of mind than driving range.

I’ve heard from Tesla owners that the sentry mode camera recording may put car awake than to sleep and drain a lot of juice. But I think in dime environment, it is ok to have piece of mind than driving range.
Has anyone suggested a one step “vehicle reset” one button on the app?

Has anyone suggested a one step “vehicle reset” one button on the app?
From the mobile app? I don’t think anyone has suggested that. The car would have to be in park, I imagine. But could be doable.

The loss on my Model S was maybe 2-3 miles a day to keep the cameras recording 24x7 and I will surely take that anyway of the week to get the added protection. I like the ability to start recording any time someone is next to the vehicle.

All I've had as of late is the mobile app (while the car is in the body shop)... and I realized that it is really strange that the tire pressure screen displays those "--"... well, ok, the car doesn't know them until it is moving... but how often will a user be checking this when the car is moving in the first place? While it would be "out of date" I'd at least like to see the last known measurements here, along with the date & time of those readings.... failing that, I don't see why this tease exists.

From the mobile app? I don’t think anyone has suggested that. The car would have to be in park, I imagine. But could be doable.
This is a dangerous game lol. As a note, FordPass does have a master reset capability but it’s 2FA needing physical access to the vehicle. I doubt it would be wise to decouple that capability from requiring physical access to the vehicle. There’s a lot of legal and security issues involved there if so.

Automatically open and close garage door as I enter and leave.
let the owner set the radio on/off. Really dislike have to turn it off every time I enter car, simply said, I’ll be in charge of when I want to listen.

Automatically open and close garage door as I enter and leave.
let the owner set the radio on/off. Really dislike have to turn it off every time I enter car, simply said, I’ll be in charge of when I want to listen.
I would like the auto open/close to be an option.

I would like to see the Lucid Home Charger data in the app and being able to connect to it

Back