• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

FYI, just noticed that the mobile app was updated yesterday (at least for Apple users) to 1.26.

Unfortunately, the release notes state that European support was added and nothing else.

That said, I saw that there was a [new] message when I opened the app that gives the "Last Updated" time (presumably, the last time the app "woke up"). Not sure if this is new, but I've never noticed it before.

Attachments

• IMG_5312.PNG
    IMG_5312.PNG
    113.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5314.PNG
    IMG_5314.PNG
    152.8 KB · Views: 75
FYI, just noticed that the mobile app was updated yesterday (at least for Apple users) to 1.26.

Unfortunately, the release notes state that European support was added and nothing else.

That said, I saw that there was a [new] message when I opened the app that gives the "Last Updated" time (presumably, the last time the app "woke up"). Not sure if this is new, but I've never noticed it before.
That’s been there a while.

When I say "valet mode" - I'm talking about limiting the performance/top speed of the vehicle when someone else is driving it - like a teenager or an actual valet.
hmm.. many valet features have been asked in a number of different threads (speed limiting, glovebox lockout, geo-fenced warnings, etc.)

..But since this is a thread on desired mobile app features, perhaps you mean app notifications for when the car is in valet mode and either:
  1. The car exceeds the preset "warning" valet mode speed limit (or reaches "limited" valet mode speed) or
  2. The car exists a "geo-fenced" area while in valet mode
;)

hmm.. many valet features have been asked in a number of different threads (speed limiting, glovebox lockout, geo-fenced warnings, etc.)

..But since this is a thread on desired mobile app features, perhaps you mean app notifications for when the car is in valet mode and either:
  1. The car exceeds the preset "warning" valet mode speed limit (or reaches "limited" valet mode speed) or
  2. The car exists a "geo-fenced" area while in valet mode
;)
Not exactly. In the Tesla mobile app you can activate Valet Mode and Speed Limit mode (separate options). So, yes - the car should have those features in the UX but the mobile app should be able to control them. Geo Fenced area would be a nice feature in those modes - perhaps a perimeter distance warning from your current position but that's a separate issue.

Not exactly. In the Tesla mobile app you can activate Valet Mode and Speed Limit mode (separate options). So, yes - the car should have those features in the UX but the mobile app should be able to control them. Geo Fenced area would be a nice feature in those modes - perhaps a perimeter distance warning from your current position but that's a separate issue.
Technically, the geofencing mode is an interesting idea that could be a stand alone. Perhaps a push notification if your car exceeds a specific distance from your current location. Say - 1/2 mile or something. However, since there's a location in the app - I'm not sure the developers would see much value. And it could be irritating if someone else drives your car. Having not used the app for more than 12 hours - I don't have a lot of input one way or the other except to say - look at what everyone else has and try to exceed/improve on those features.

Having said that - here's my "official" list:

1) Valet mode/speed limit mode
2) Vent windows
3) Security (Sentry mode/gear guard etc)
4) Charge scheduling
5) Geo-fence distance push notifications based on preset

Technically, the geofencing mode is an interesting idea that could be a stand alone. Perhaps a push notification if your car exceeds a specific distance from your current location. Say - 1/2 mile or something. However, since there's a location in the app - I'm not sure the developers would see much value. And it could be irritating if someone else drives your car. Having not used the app for more than 12 hours - I don't have a lot of input one way or the other except to say - look at what everyone else has and try to exceed/improve on those features.

2) Vent windows
4) Charge scheduling
I'll add an "improvement" to the app. There appears to be a disagreement between Lucid and EA as to the availability of some chargers. Here's some screen shots from the Lucid app - indicating none of the Denton EA chargers are available. While EA appears to disagree. While plugshare has some mixed reviews and some people have indicated some stations not working perfectly - the site gets an overall 9.3 (better than most).

Attachments

• IMG_5758.PNG.jpeg
    IMG_5758.PNG.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5760.PNG.jpeg
    IMG_5760.PNG.jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5759.PNG.jpeg
    IMG_5759.PNG.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 63
All I've had as of late is the mobile app (while the car is in the body shop)... and I realized that it is really strange that the tire pressure screen displays those "--"... well, ok, the car doesn't know them until it is moving... but how often will a user be checking this when the car is moving in the first place? While it would be "out of date" I'd at least like to see the last known measurements here, along with the date & time of those readings.... failing that, I don't see why this tease exists.
Agreed. They could have it for purely informational value - hidden deep within some menu. No one is going to check their tire pressure from the app when they're driving and since it won't reflect if it's been sitting for a while - unfortunate use of programmer talent.

2) Vent windows
4) Charge scheduling
Since I only took delivery on Saturday I hadn't had an opportunity to "explore" stuff. I'd like to add a few things - in no particular order:
6) visualization of the trip information with the ability to reset it. When charging it's possible you'd go get a bite to eat - seeing the trip information could provide some helpful insight in planning while not having to be in the car. Perhaps add the overall performance/kw per mile.
7) ability to turn off the stereo or mute it (so long as it's not being driven) - if you hand over your car to someone it isn't necessary for them to hear your preferred music and/or SXM station.
8) get rid of the tire inflation - it'll never say anything other than --.
9) Soft reset - this would be a nice feature without having to jump thru the hoops of doing it manually. Obviously, only when the car is not being driven.

That's it for now.

Since I only took delivery on Saturday I hadn't had an opportunity to "explore" stuff. I'd like to add a few things - in no particular order:
6) visualization of the trip information with the ability to reset it. When charging it's possible you'd go get a bite to eat - seeing the trip information could provide some helpful insight in planning while not having to be in the car. Perhaps add the overall performance/kw per mile.
7) ability to turn off the stereo or mute it (so long as it's not being driven) - if you hand over your car to someone it isn't necessary for them to hear your preferred music and/or SXM station.
8) get rid of the tire inflation - it'll never say anything other than --.
9) Soft reset - this would be a nice feature without having to jump thru the hoops of doing it manually. Obviously, only when the car is not being driven.

That's it for now.
Am I the only one who has no problems with the tire inflation view?
Screenshot_20221219_142245.jpg

Am I the only one who has no problems with the tire inflation view? View attachment 7753
I'm guessing that folks use the app prior to driving and don't realize that the tire inflation numbers are not yet shown (until you drive, they show as "--")

I'm guessing that folks use the app prior to driving and don't realize that the tire inflation numbers are not yet shown (until you drive, they show as "--")
What's the time frame look like?
I haven't driven in 20 hours and when I opened the app it showed the psi numbers.

But I've never had it not work

Back