What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

You can search as any map and send to vehicle before get in vehicle.
6F509A38-790D-4FB6-9B0A-8FAAF845C3F3.png

You can search as any map and send to vehicle before get in vehicle.
Yes, from within the Lucid app you can send an address to the vehicle. What we are asking for is the ability for any app on the phone to be able to do that. The Lucid app needs to tell iOS that it is a way to share locations. Then from, say Google Maps, you can select a pin, click Share, then choose "Send to Vehicle" from there without having to look it up again within the Lucid app.

Yes, from within the Lucid app you can send an address to the vehicle. What we are asking for is the ability for any app on the phone to be able to do that. The Lucid app needs to tell iOS that it is a way to share locations. Then from, say Google Maps, you can select a pin, click Share, then choose "Send to Vehicle" from there without having to look it up again within the Lucid app.
Yes. The technical term is Share Extension. If Lucid were to incorporate a Share Extension into its app, you’d be able to tap share from Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze, or any mapping app and select the Lucid app in the share sheet. And then the address you share would be sent to the car via the Lucid app. That way, you don’t have to leave your favorite maps app just to send an address to your Air.

Fairly straightforward thing for them to add. I’d be surprised if it weren’t on the future feature list already. But if it isn’t, it should be.

would be nice to be able to share the trip w/ another person (like I can w/ Apple Maps) ..

Not to sound like a broken record, but .. Can't wait for Carplay .. the built in navigation is AWFUL! .. kept trying to send me to streets that aren't even there, along routes that are hours longer .. maybe it works ok in metropolitan areas, but practically useless for me.

would be nice to be able to share the trip w/ another person (like I can w/ Apple Maps) ..

Not to sound like a broken record, but .. Can't wait for Carplay .. the built in navigation is AWFUL! .. kept trying to send me to streets that aren't even there, along routes that are hours longer .. maybe it works ok in metropolitan areas, but practically useless for me.
Where are you based? I've found the Lucid nav to be perfectly fine, and it even does well in figuring out traffic and avoiding it. But, I live in the Bay Area, which is surely one of their most tested locations.

Where are you based? I've found the Lucid nav to be perfectly fine, and it even does well in figuring out traffic and avoiding it. But, I live in the Bay Area, which is surely one of their most tested locations.
Well, I live just outside Charlotte, NC and the Luci Nav does "ok" here (traffic not great, but otherwise the routes provided are decent)

This particular 200 mi. trip I went to the SC coast (and purposely avoided "back roads"; opting to use US-routes). The navigation reminded me of the old Garmin unit I gave to my father a decade+ ago. As a matter of fact, it made a lot of the same mistakes once I got south of Myrtle Beach (roads not open to public, circuitous routes, etc.).

For the trip down (and back) I simultaneously ran Apple Maps, Google Maps, and Waze (w/ EV filter). The Lucid Nav originally started at almost 2 hours longer (selecting odd routes). I stayed on all major roads as prescribed by the other apps and the Luci Nav readjusted the route as it should (though I could've done w/o the constant "recalculating").

I was hoping that for the ride back, the Luci Nav would've adjusted the roads, but it didn't and gave me equally poor selections.

It was nice to see the turn by turn on the pilot screen and the estimated mileage upon arrival (which continuously increased :))

...For the trip down (and back) I simultaneously ran Apple Maps, Google Maps, and Waze (w/ EV filter). The Lucid Nav originally started at almost 2 hours longer (selecting odd routes). I stayed on all major roads as prescribed by the other apps and the Luci Nav readjusted the route as it should (though I could've done w/o the constant "recalculating").

I was hoping that for the ride back, the Luci Nav would've adjusted the roads, but it didn't and gave me equally poor selections.....
I'm going to sound like an unwelcome broken record, but to me it is unfathomable that Lucid didn't use the best-in-industry Google Maps and Google Nav that are built into GAS. And Google Assistant, with the best AI in the western hemisphere, over Alexa. For me it's the weakest part of the car's implementation. @Firstto520 I'd have happily paid $2000 more for the car to get Google services in the car instead of second-tier HERE and Alexa.

I mean seriously, I bought the car for road trips and reliable navigation is the number one need - right after reliable DC fast charging. Right now the car does neither, a bit of a white elephant in my garage.

I'm going to sound like an unwelcome broken record, but to me it is unfathomable that Lucid didn't use the best-in-industry Google Maps and Google Nav that are built into GAS. And Google Assistant, with the best AI in the western hemisphere, over Alexa. For me it's the weakest part of the car's implementation. @Firstto520 I'd have happily paid $2000 more for the car to get Google services in the car instead of second-tier HERE and Alexa.
Fwiw, I hate Alexa but I hate google assistant more.

Google maps is good tho

Google maps is good tho
One thing I particularly like about Google nav: it will warn you when you are planning a trip to a place that will be closed when you arrive. It's surprisingly helpful. Also, when you look up something on your phone or PC using Google Maps, it quickly appears in your navigation search history in the car via cloud sync. No "send to car" needed, nor the need to redundantly locate a destination on your car's own app.

Google maps is good tho
lol .. we're the opposite .. A year or so ago, I got rid of my Echos and replaced them with Google Nest Hubs .. they work great for us

We're all-in on Google on two phones, about a dozen Google home devices, our home WiFi, and one car which uses AAOS and GAS (Volvo). They all work together very well.

Integrate Lucid
One thing I particularly like about Google nav: it will warn you when you are planning a trip to a place that will be closed when you arrive. It's surprisingly helpful. Also, when you look up something on your phone or PC using Google Maps, it quickly appears in your navigation search history in the car via cloud sync. No "send to car" needed, nor the need to redundantly locate a destination on your car's own app.
Google map is good at constantly rerouting for optimization and even suggest route to take for charger way point. That’s one thing I like about P*2; all else, can’t beat Lucid Air.

Found a good one.

- Hazard light switch in Open/Close menu

P.S. - Tonight I went to airport to pick up family, I left car in no parking zone to go into baggage claim to assist. I then realized the car auto lock with my mobile key on me, but I forgot to turn on hazard. I had to ask a family member to go back to car for me to remote unlock to let him turn on hazard. It would be nice I can just do that from mobile app.

lol .. we're the opposite .. A year or so ago, I got rid of my Echos and replaced them with Google Nest Hubs .. they work great for us
To each their own, I guess! I wonder if it has to do with how it recognizes our respective voices? I find Alexa hates me, but loves my wife. Google, on the other hand, seems to try to intentionally piss me off by pretending it heard things I definitely didn't say.

"Take me to Paris" -> "navigating you to Harrah's Las Vegas!"
"Take me to Paris, France" -> "Navigating you to Harris Ranch"
"OKAY GOOGLE STOP" -> "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

lmao, it's almost like someone set it up to just make me irate

Well, I live just outside Charlotte, NC and the Luci Nav does "ok" here (traffic not great, but otherwise the routes provided are decent)

This particular 200 mi. trip I went to the SC coast (and purposely avoided "back roads"; opting to use US-routes). The navigation reminded me of the old Garmin unit I gave to my father a decade+ ago. As a matter of fact, it made a lot of the same mistakes once I got south of Myrtle Beach (roads not open to public, circuitous routes, etc.).

For the trip down (and back) I simultaneously ran Apple Maps, Google Maps, and Waze (w/ EV filter). The Lucid Nav originally started at almost 2 hours longer (selecting odd routes). I stayed on all major roads as prescribed by the other apps and the Luci Nav readjusted the route as it should (though I could've done w/o the constant "recalculating").

I was hoping that for the ride back, the Luci Nav would've adjusted the roads, but it didn't and gave me equally poor selections.

It was nice to see the turn by turn on the pilot screen and the estimated mileage upon arrival (which continuously increased :))
I'm in Virginia. Can confirm, the Nav has some route issues around here. It keeps wanting to send me down a service road that isn't open for cars. Don't think the hikers and bikers will appreciate that very much.

It also has instances where it wants to send me the long way around or go past and make u turns when there is a turn available.

I am aware there are route options that pop up and yes, I have looked at all 3. They are bad, worse, and just plain crazy! Seems to work fine for major metro areas. But definitely some issues out in the 'burbs.'

Also, am I the only one that is annoyed the Nav shows parking lots? It's just incredibly cluttered the way it shows every paved surface. I often find myself turning early into a parking lot that I thought was a road. My hope is that they make it a layer similar to satellite or traffic so you can toggle it off so it just shows roads.

To each their own, I guess! I wonder if it has to do with how it recognizes our respective voices? I find Alexa hates me, but loves my wife. Google, on the other hand, seems to try to intentionally piss me off by pretending it heard things I definitely didn't say.

"Take me to Paris" -> "navigating you to Harrah's Las Vegas!"
"Take me to Paris, France" -> "Navigating you to Harris Ranch"
"OKAY GOOGLE STOP" -> "Why did the chicken cross the road?"

lmao, it's almost like someone set it up to just make me irate
A great argument for why every driving function needs to be easilly (eyes still on the road) controlable by methods other than voice!

I would really like to ability to start the car if for some reason my mobile key or fob isn’t working.

It would also be nice to be able to trigger the home link system. I thought we would never use it on the Tesla and I have a bunch.

I would really like to ability to start the car if for some reason my mobile key or fob isn’t working.

It would also be nice to be able to trigger the home link system. I thought we would never use it on the Tesla and I have a bunch.
I believe you can start the car w/ the valet card using your PIN ... and even w/o a PIN .. see earlier post by @experiment458 Using Valet Card w/o using a PIN

Back