What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

There’s the current ability to have it hold a temperature for up to 45 minutes. Wouldn’t that do it?
No... let the customer set the time or duration for it to hold the temperature...

Agree… but that’s not from the app.
Shouldn’t just be on the app, it should show version history as well.

Air on the mobile app screen matches color of our ordered Air.

When the central server is down & out (like it was today), the app needs to do more than just tell you that the car is sleeping in its last know location... it really needs to tell us that the central server is not responding and that it thus has no current information... this would have saved us an hour of support phone time today.

Lower battery usage... since we took delivery of our car last week (and thus I have the app now doing things) I am finding that my phone needs charging much more often than it did prior to delivery (and starting usage of the app). This is an up to date app on Android 12 (Samsung S22+).

Lower battery usage... since we took delivery of our car last week (and thus I have the app now doing things) I am finding that my phone needs charging much more often than it did prior to delivery (and starting usage of the app). This is an up to date app on Android 12 (Samsung S22+).
Just wait until you start checking for software 2.0.x updates and status during updates. Your phone battery will take a hit. :D

When the central server is down & out (like it was today), the app needs to do more than just tell you that the car is sleeping in its last know location... it really needs to tell us that the central server is not responding and that it thus has no current information... this would have saved us an hour of support phone time today.
For the tire pressure screen, rather than reporting "--" for unknown state, report the last known numbers (with the date & time of that data)...
I realized that exist, this implies that I need to be more explicit about my expectations and needs on these and make some more generalized statements about the conditions which lead to these specific cases...
- no error condition should be silent unless the work required can (and has) be carried out by alternate means... the car itself has this flaw, as does the app.
- the app should be minimally reliant upon central servers (i.e. they need to be very light weight and robust)... avoid the CS call flood that occurred this morning by providing information to the vehicle operator.
- the car should not need to "wake up" in order to provide any information to the app, all such information should be cached in the processing unit which is already awake and listening for work on the cell/wifi pathway (basic caching 101 of using low cost paths for simple read operations of information).
- waking the car up should only be to the extent absolutely needed to carry out the work... e.g. a request to cool/warm the passenger compartment should not need to power up the displays (etc).

Double-edged sword. Imagine an antagonist with your password.
If they have your password, they can take the car... it is like saying that one should not be able to lock your front door for fear that the key is duplicated.

First, and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person who’s mentioned this, I do not necessarily want the car to start waking up just because I open the app…
Second, there are plenty of times when you’d like to unlock the doors just to get say sunglasses out or a jacket that you left in the car and you don’t want your whole thing loading up, and there are other times when you’d like to unlock the car and load a specific profile. It should be pretty straightforward to add the ability when you click the unlock button to be offered to choose a profile or unlock doors only.

For example, you and your wife both have keys on you and you’re about to leave the house and she was the last person to drive but you want to drive… Open the app click the door lock, and it pops up with four choices: the three profiles, and doors only. it seems super straightforward and it would save a lot of energy and time in many cases.

Imagine this has already been mentioned, but just in case….
‘Reset car while driving.’
My 2017 MS had it: push two buttons on the steering wheel.
I certainly used it. A lot.
In all, EVs are computers with wheels (and batteries).
Software is still an art, not yet a Science.
Resets are inevitable, they need to be easy and accessible.

First, and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person who’s mentioned this, I do not necessarily want the car to start waking up just because I open the app…
Second, there are plenty of times when you’d like to unlock the doors just to get say sunglasses out or a jacket that you left in the car and you don’t want your whole thing loading up, and there are other times when you’d like to unlock the car and load a specific profile. It should be pretty straightforward to add the ability when you click the unlock button to be offered to choose a profile or unlock doors only.

For example, you and your wife both have keys on you and you’re about to leave the house and she was the last person to drive but you want to drive… Open the app click the door lock, and it pops up with four choices: the three profiles, and doors only. it seems super straightforward and it would save a lot of energy and time in many cases.
Indeed, this is why the car would be better with a "start" button (to fire up the driving processing units, as opposed to those related to other operations)... related, there are times I want to just sit in the car (idle) without driving... the display should not be all powered up, and much of the rest of the car too... there are exceptions, like I might want to listen to music (so those systems need to be able to be powered up, etc)... so with that I can sit in a dark car, listening to music, and looking out that roof at the night sky (etc)... There are lots of similar "usage models" that seem to be missing in this car.

Indeed, this is why the car would be better with a "start" button (to fire up the driving processing units, as opposed to those related to other operations)... related, there are times I want to just sit in the car (idle) without driving... the display should not be all powered up, and much of the rest of the car too... there are exceptions, like I might want to listen to music (so those systems need to be able to be powered up, etc)... so with that I can sit in a dark car, listening to music, and looking out that roof at the night sky (etc)... There are lots of similar "usage models" that seem to be missing in this car.
Not going to lie, I wouldn’t have bought this car if it had a start button. The car waking up from opening the app doesn’t really equate to the car “starting” either. That’s what happens after you press the pedal. The app just has to wake up and communicate with the modem systems (which is usually always on to some extent and receives an SMS notification to leave deep sleep modes).

The software needs the ability to go into a night rider/undercover/starry night mode. It’s astounding that you can’t manually turn off the external lighting if you wish to.

Back