What would you like to see from the Lucid mobile app?

I think "dog mode" just adds something flashing on the screen, but the Lucid Air isn't sitting silent either when its in this mode.
Dog Mode is indefinite. Or at least until your battery drains down to almost empty. AC Hold on the Lucid only lasts 45 minutes.

And yes, it informs people outside the car that the AC is on, so not to worry about the dog inside. Otherwise, they might smash your windows or something, thinking the dog is going to die in there.

Isn’t that the same as AC Hold mode?
Dog Mode is indefinite. Or at least until your battery drains down to almost empty. AC Hold on the Lucid only lasts 45 minutes.

And yes, it informs people outside the car that the AC is on, so not to worry about the dog inside. Otherwise, they might smash your windows or something, thinking the dog is going to die in there.
IMO, Dog Mode is one of best features Tesla ever created.
Or, rather, as a pet owner, it’s definitely one I use all the time. 🤷‍♀️ Hot summers and pets don’t mix well.
My 2021 MSLR screen shows a (rather weird) computer generated dog and a “Don’t worry, my owner will be back soon and the A/C (Heater) is set to Xxx degrees.”
Once set, I believe Dog Mode stays on to 20% SOC.
A recent OTA added the Dog Mode option to the Tesla mobile app Climate Control. Very handy… before you had to set it up before leaving the car.

Dog mode workaround for now..

1) set cabin hold
2) hang sign on window indicating all is good
3) set alarm for 40 minutes
4) alarm goes off
5) alarm goes off
6) enable climate control in app
7) return to happy puppy!

Dog mode workaround for now..

1) set cabin hold
2) hang sign on window indicating all is good
3) set alarm for 40 minutes
4) alarm goes off
5) alarm goes off
6) enable climate control in app
7) return to happy puppy!
Absolutely, @hydbob, that works … and thank you for pointing it out.
Signs are a simple fix, I‘ve deployed lots on my dash Pre Dog Mode.
But what if it’s hot, and the climate doesn’t get reset? Operator error, software, the cause doesn’t matter.
Every pet owners nightmare….
I’m simply hoping Lucid will put this (higher up) on their ToDo List.

Absolutely, @hydbob, that works … and thank you for pointing it out.
Signs are a simple fix, I‘ve deployed lots on my dash Pre Dog Mode.
But what if it’s hot, and the climate doesn’t get reset? Operator error, software, the cause doesn’t matter.
Every pet owners nightmare….
I’m simply hoping Lucid will put this (higher up) on their ToDo List.
Isn't that still a concern even when they introduce dog mode?

Isn't that still a concern even when they introduce dog mode?

i'd like that the car not wake up automatically when opening the app. Sometimes i like looking in the app when i'm away from the car but don't want it waking up every time.

Agreed with opening and closing windows
I would like to see the doors unlocked when in the garage. My Tesla had that and it was nice not to need your FOB or phone to get into car!

I would like to see the doors unlocked when in the garage. My Tesla had that and it was nice not to need your FOB or phone to get into car!
As long as it is a configurable option... some owners "garage" is "on the street parking" (condos, apartments, townhomes, etc). Options and choices are good.

To anyone who switched devices recently, are you still receiving push notifications for software updates? I recently switched from Android to iOS and my push notifications are not coming through on my iPhone.

Turn on cameras remotely or see recordings for the car surroundings?
Maybe if there's a sentry mode equivalent available.

This is quite useful if around the bay area where some people hit your car when it's parked or just general vandalism.

-the ability to switch between charge level in miles vs percentage
-the ability to activate homelink
-the ability to "start" the car for someone to drive if a key is not available PRN
-sentry mode
-climate controls for seats, steering wheel
-add a pause and BEEP before frunk closing via app (and in person for that matter)
-live speed / heading information

-the ability to switch between charge level in miles vs percentage
-the ability to activate homelink
-the ability to "start" the car for someone to drive if a key is not available PRN
-sentry mode
-climate controls for seats, steering wheel
-add a pause and BEEP before frunk closing via app (and in person for that matter)
-live speed / heading information
You can also "allow someone to drive" by unlocking the doors, but they need a PIN to drive.

Why would you need to activate homrlink from your app though?

Question for you dog owners.. how the hell are you not worried about your pups trashing the interior with their claws? I'd love to let mine in but worried about damage..

I would prefer to see the app work without triggering wakeup of the car from sleep. Everytime I open the app to check location of the car or just open app out of curiosity to check battery level, the app triggers an event in the car and car starts waking up. It's lot of power wasted for little information. This can be designed better. Hopefully new 2.0 series car software update and an app version update can make this work.

Question for you dog owners.. how the hell are you not worried about your pups trashing the interior with their claws? I'd love to let mine in but worried about damage..
That is exactly the same concern gap between MB S-Class owners vs Toyota Corolla owners.

I would prefer to see the app work without triggering wakeup of the car from sleep. Everytime I open the app to check location of the car or just open app out of curiosity to check battery level, the app triggers an event in the car and car starts waking up. It's lot of power wasted for little information. This can be designed better. Hopefully new 2.0 series car software update and an app version update can make this work.
Perhaps share privacy to have location/SOC/TPMS information written and saved in remote server for app to query instead.

Perhaps share privacy to have location/SOC/TPMS information written and saved in remote server for app to query instead.
Or run and save it in a memory in the car that works without waking up the car. That portion of the compute can work on 12V and don't need HV portion.

Shouldn’t the app show the vehicle’s current software version? Or is it there and I just can’t find it.
Not shown in the app currently.

Back