What tint and how much ?

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
What tint did you use to tint your car? How much was it to tint the entire car, winshield, and all the glass. If you tinted your windshield what levels did you go? I was researching photosync but not sure what the cost was. I have one quote for llumar stratos for 1400$ entire car roof winshield windows. These are AZ prices so locale may vary.

What tint did you use to tint your car? How much was it to tint the entire car, winshield, and all the glass. If you tinted your windshield what levels did you go? I was researching photosync but not sure what the cost was. I have one quote for llumar stratos for 1400$ entire car roof winshield windows. These are AZ prices so locale may vary.
There are MANY tint posts here on the forum. Try the search instead of posting yet another thread.

Tint looks different on different cars so it’s super helpful to visualize what tints May look like :

20s all around xpel
IMG_7608.jpeg

30s all around xpel
IMG_7614.jpeg

35s all around
IMG_7610.jpeg

XPEL Prime XR Plus Window Tint (Front 35%, Rear 20%, Windshield 70%)
IMG_7613.jpeg

Feel free to add others.
I like the blacked out look of the 20s but I like the night time visibility of 35s the compromise might be 25-30 all around?
One thing I learned is if comparing look of tint make sure it’s on same car. I learned a little lesson after seeing 35 on model Y doesn’t look same as Sedan lol. With Lucid having big winshields I think it will let more light in which will give the 35s a little lighter feel my thought.

Last edited:
Not to mention he's already asked the question in about 8 different threads...
Yes greatly apologize for the urgency but I am trying collect as much data as possible and make a purchase decision by this weekend. Arizona it’s already hundreds degrees here and my car is toasting. So I would like tint asap. That’s why all the questions
IMG_7622.png

PhotoSync: 70% Windshield & Roof; 45% the rest of glass. You have to take into account that the Windshield and Roof are at 70%, so that less light is coming into the car and the side windows look darker than they would, had there been no tint on Windshield and Roof. Also, as I had mentioned in other threads, I really had wanted 55% rather than 45%, but the installer made a mistake. When entering my gated community, the guard sometimes has a hard time seeing who I am.

tempImageMKM0Z4.png

PhotoSync: 70% Windshield & Roof; 45% the rest of glass. You have to take into account that the Windshield and Roof are at 70%, so that less light is coming into the car and the side windows look darker than they would, had there been no tint on Windshield and Roof:

View attachment 12733
Yup that’s a key thing in tint is if you close off the light sources the windows are darker and vice versa which is why you want to compare how lucid looks on tint. Alex what if you want more a black look then is photosync not a good match ??

Yup that’s a key thing in tint is if you close off the light sources the windows are darker and vice versa which is why you want to compare how lucid looks on tint. Alex what if you want more a black look then is photosync not a good match ??
No, you can just get a darker PhotoSync, which has a higher TSER:

1685905028228.png

I
Tint looks different on different cars so it’s super helpful to visualize what tints May look like :

20s all around xpel
View attachment 12723

30s all around xpel
View attachment 12726

35s all around
View attachment 12724

XPEL Prime XR Plus Window Tint (Front 35%, Rear 20%, Windshield 70%)
View attachment 12725

Feel free to add others.
I like the blacked out look of the 20s but I like the night time visibility of 35s the compromise might be 25-30 all around?
One thing I learned is if comparing look of tint make sure it’s on same car. I learned a little lesson after seeing 35 on model Y doesn’t look same as Sedan lol. With Lucid having big winshields I think it will let more light in which will give the 35s a little lighter feel my thought.
Is 20's all around legal?

Here in Utah it isn't

I chose Xpel Prime Plus XR Plus after seeing another person's with same setup.
50% Winshield
20% all Around

They said it is going to look incredible, will post pics once I get it back.
Looks over function.

One of the hardest things about choosing tint is whether you can see it at night. Luckily last night right before I chose my friend let me ride in his Lucid to see 20s all around tint. Well I am
Making a resource available here by tweeting my first night time video. It was easy to drive but I do think of you are taller than 6 feet you may not like a really tinted winshield because it state to obscure vision. Luckily I am not so tall :) enjoy !

Like some have said here, there are many threads regarding window/windshield tinting so I won't create another and hope anyone that could help me will find this post. I have an Infinite Black Air Touring that I picked up in Feb 2023 and there is no one in Louisville KY who will tint the widows/windshied. I guess I am lucky that they are honest enough to refuse a job that scares them but I am still left with an tint job unfilled.

If anyone has a reference for a shop within 300 miles of Louisville KY (Indianapolis, St. Louis, Nashville, Cincinnati, Columbus OH, even Chicago) of a shop who can do this work I would appreciate the referral. It's not as easy as doing it closer to home but it sure needs to be done right. Thanks Lucid Community!

Like some have said here, there are many threads regarding window/windshield tinting so I won't create another and hope anyone that could help me will find this post. I have an Infinite Black Air Touring that I picked up in Feb 2023 and there is no one in Louisville KY who will tint the widows/windshied. I guess I am lucky that they are honest enough to refuse a job that scares them but I am still left with an tint job unfilled.

If anyone has a reference for a shop within 300 miles of Louisville KY (Indianapolis, St. Louis, Nashville, Cincinnati, Columbus OH, even Chicago) of a shop who can do this work I would appreciate the referral. It's not as easy as doing it closer to home but it sure needs to be done right. Thanks Lucid Community!
My guys are in AZ so probably a bit far

I've used PhotoSync and they only install with authorized dealers. I looked in your area and could not find one, but here is a link to their dealer search
You need to find a dealer that carries PhotoSync, because the company has other products, which a dealer close to you would carry.

Back