Question for Arizona and Florida owners

Steveinarizona

Cars
Genesis GV60 Performance
I didn't want to steal the thread but BWS posted the following:

We drove from CA to Arizona and I found there was a lot of heat coming off the front windshield. I found it was difficult to get the car down to a comfortable temperature even with full blast on the AC. Even then, the front windshield was hot to the touch on the inside, and I could feel the heat radiating onto my face. I have never noticed this before in another car, I am wondering if the glass in the Lucid is thicker and retains/aborbs heat more than is standard?

My question, as the temp gets regularly in the 100s, how is the car handling the heat? Are you getting the same heat radiation? Did you tint the windows? Did that help? Did you tint the windshield (I never have but in light of this posting I am wondering about that and whether a tint on the windshield would interfere with the ADAS stuff)?

Thanks.

Some other owners chimed in on a different thread, but on hot days, you pretty much NEED to divert some of the AC into the defroster vents to keep the windshield cooler and to get some of that heat off you. Try that next time and it should help immensely.

Also, I'm not in AZ but SoCal and I tinted my windshield and it makes a massive difference.

Some other owners chimed in on a different thread, but on hot days, you pretty much NEED to divert some of the AC into the defroster vents to keep the windshield cooler and to get some of that heat off you. Try that next time and it should help immensely.

Also, I'm not in AZ but SoCal and I tinted my windshield and it makes a massive difference.
Thanks! did you have any sensor problems from tinting the windshield? Which product did you use?

Someone else pointed out the the AC re-circulation does not come on when climate control is set to Auto. Changing to re-circulation really helps. It also took me a bit of time to get the vents adjusted to direct air correctly. My side windows are tinted but the windshield is not. The Lucid glass gets hot because it blocks the transmission.

I continue to be surprised that the regular ac (albeit at an 8 or higher fan speed isn't enough). I will say that there have been very few times I've parked it in full sun rather than covered parking, so maybe then. But overall, yeah it takes a few minutes to cool down when you get started but once I've been driving for 5 minutes or so, I'm pretty comfortable. Neither the windshield nor the overhead glass gives me any heat problems that the ac can't handle. And this includes 106+ driving.

Thanks! did you have any sensor problems from tinting the windshield? Which product did you use?
No issues with anything. I put 3M crystalline on all the windows.

I'm in Tucson Arizona and the temperatures have reached 104º lately (with full sun). I have the windshield tinted with 70% Spectra PhotoSync IRD (Infrared Radiation Dispersion). I have to run my cabin temperature at 74º because after a long drive my hands are practically frozen. I have the first generation of the Lucid Air Windshield with the metalization and the cutout for transponders – maybe this helps too. I understand that Lucid is now at their 3rd generation windshield which does not have this cutout. They claim that you can use transponders now at any location in the windshield, so they may no longer have metallization.

The nice thing about Photosync is that the IRR (IR rejection) is 99% regardless of the darkness of tint. I chose the lightest available at 70%.

Thanks everybody. I was patiently waiting for my Lucid (very comfortable DD) but NOW i WANT IT. As others have said, I can put up with the software glitches knowing they will fix them and the ride is great (I did do a test drive last week).

I am retired and I play a lot of golf. At only one of the courses where I play (the Phoenician) is there covered parking. So my car can sit in the sun for 5-6 hours in 100+ temp.

On my BMW 530e (if I don't turn on the AC with the app; I can't use the App at Quintero Golf Club because it is so remote my phone doesn't get service) I can turn on the AC on max and usually after about 5 minutes the car is comfortable. I have no problem with expecting the AC to take a few minutes to cool off the car. I just wanted to make sure that it would do so. My design studio is in a mall and when the test vehicles aren't being used, they are parked in the garage so my test drive couldn't test for this occurrence.

Thanks again.

Thanks everybody. I was patiently waiting for my Lucid (very comfortable DD) but NOW i WANT IT. As others have said, I can put up with the software glitches knowing they will fix them and the ride is great (I did do a test drive last week).

I am retired and I play a lot of golf. At only one of the courses where I play (the Phoenician) is there covered parking. So my car can sit in the sun for 5-6 hours in 100+ temp.

On my BMW 530e (if I don't turn on the AC with the app; I can't use the App at Quintero Golf Club because it is so remote my phone doesn't get service) I can turn on the AC on max and usually after about 5 minutes the car is comfortable. I have no problem with expecting the AC to take a few minutes to cool off the car. I just wanted to make sure that it would do so. My design studio is in a mall and when the test vehicles aren't being used, they are parked in the garage so my test drive couldn't test for this occurrence.

Thanks again.
When my GT is parked outside on days that I go into the office, the interior has reached 136 degrees when it was 107 outside. I usually turn the AC on remotely about 10 minutes before I leave and the car is fine but still around 90 degrees inside. We will see when it hits 118 outside and the interior hits 150+.

When my GT is parked outside on days that I go into the office, the interior has reached 136 degrees when it was 107 outside. I usually turn the AC on remotely about 10 minutes before I leave and the car is fine but still around 90 degrees inside. We will see when it hits 118 outside and the interior hits 150+.
speaking of parking outside for work, one thing I've really come to love about the design of Lucid is that the robocop looking light bar in the front and that the hood covers and looms a bit over the top of the actual LED Headlights, so you won't get the headlight fading by the sun that most cars have issues with
1654381796752.png

I would recommend that you email Customer Care and request Automatic Cabin Overheat Protection feature. I have emailed/squeaked this request to them, but more squeaky wheels would really help get this noticed and implemented before this fall.

I would recommend that you email Customer Care and request Automatic Cabin Overheat Protection feature. I have emailed/squeaked this request to them, but more squeaky wheels would really help get this noticed and implemented before this fall.
That is a good idea, I will ask for something like 130 max before the overheat protection comes on.

That is a good idea, I will ask for something like 130 max before the overheat protection comes on.
I asked for 100ºF. Tesla defaults to 105ºF, which I think is acceptable. A selectable value would be nice.

I didn't want to steal the thread but BWS posted the following:

We drove from CA to Arizona and I found there was a lot of heat coming off the front windshield. I found it was difficult to get the car down to a comfortable temperature even with full blast on the AC. Even then, the front windshield was hot to the touch on the inside, and I could feel the heat radiating onto my face. I have never noticed this before in another car, I am wondering if the glass in the Lucid is thicker and retains/aborbs heat more than is standard?

My question, as the temp gets regularly in the 100s, how is the car handling the heat? Are you getting the same heat radiation? Did you tint the windows? Did that help? Did you tint the windshield (I never have but in light of this posting I am wondering about that and whether a tint on the windshield would interfere with the ADAS stuff)?

Thanks.
got ceramic tint on my windshield.
mandatory in my opinion

Back