Heat Impact Of Tinting

In tinting the Lucid's front window do the sun visors need to be removed? If so, how are they removed?
Yes and a T9 hex? Should be easy enough for the tinter.

I used 3M ceramic at 50 for the windshield and 20 sides and back and I love it. Almost perfect privacy, excellent heat rejection, significant reduction of sun glare (hardly ever need to use the sun visor anymore). The ‘open’ feeling of the cabin is perfectly preserved but the tint also provides a cozy exclusive private feel which I like.

In terms of visibility, I would say the 50 has almost zero noticeable impact whereas the 20 at night does darken the view a little. But you still see everything perfectly fine, just a little dimmer. At least that’s my opinion. I love the 50/20 look and feel.

My door panels were removed for tinting the side windows and as a result the child lock mechanism became faulty (wasn’t reconnected or something). So it is a concern. But thankfully it was an extremely easy fix. My service guy came out and easily fixed the problem.

I know someone well that has a Lucid and did 50% on the windshield and 15% on the rest. No issues at night and during the day, of course, it’s great. Despite the tint keeping the car cooler, I think I’d still prefer an actual roof, instead of the glass. For me it’s the amount of light more than the heat. If I were in Seattle, I’d prefer the glass.

What shop are you using for your tint and would you recommend them? Thanks!
I use Florida Window Tinting in Lake Park, FL. He is 10 minutes from the Riviera Beach service center and has done 6 of my cars now. Highly recommended. He did my sides and rear windows already but will be doing my windshield & glass canopy top in about a week. He also did my friends Lucid.

561-842-1190 his name is Marlon.

Lmao I had never seen those skits! That’s great lol. Love SNL

But seriously tho, join! :)
goodness sakes you've missed some epic skits. the first few years... I remember the first year they would seamlessly segway into a commercial break as per what we'd all become programed to expect at about that far into a TV show. If you'd gotten up to pee you'd miss some of the best stuff they did. It was all new, so when the commercial started we could see it was the cast doing the selling, so we wanted to see where this would go. Baby on Bumper. I wish I could find a clip but this was before electricity was discovered. Here's the pitch: housewives discussing the issue of not being able to see the baby in the back seat of the car. Solution, Baby on Bumper. Next scene is station wagon cruzing thru nice suburban street...with a (old school minimalist) child in a car seat mounted where you would put the front bumper tag. The mom driving is broadly smiling. Brilliant. The closing scene we see the car pass by with the baby right out in front of the car--it has to be seen. I won't even try to describe how hilarious it looked. We think it's over, but no. housewives back talking about how wonderful Baby-on-Bumper is, then Gilda complains, "...but what do you do about this?:" shows infant with splotches of bugs all over the face.
Lorraine is nonplussed. Smiling broadly she shares the good word, " Why you need Bugs-on-Baby!" holds up a spray can. We weren't ready for that, and it forced us to sit and watch every commercial, not knowing who was in the conspiracy.
You do know about Bass-O-Matic ?

But my questions:
Cure time ? does anyone know how old the paint should be before it gets treated/wrapped ? Is this a concern?

matte finish: I saw a pic here of the gray with the matte ppf. Wow. I wonder how a Cosmos would look wrapped in matte?
Does anyone have good photo of silver paint (any car) with matte wrap ?

goodness sakes you've missed some epic skits. the first few years... I remember the first year they would seamlessly segway into a commercial break as per what we'd all become programed to expect at about that far into a TV show. If you'd gotten up to pee you'd miss some of the best stuff they did. It was all new, so when the commercial started we could see it was the cast doing the selling, so we wanted to see where this would go. Baby on Bumper. I wish I could find a clip but this was before electricity was discovered. Here's the pitch: housewives discussing the issue of not being able to see the baby in the back seat of the car. Solution, Baby on Bumper. Next scene is station wagon cruzing thru nice suburban street...with a (old school minimalist) child in a car seat mounted where you would put the front bumper tag. The mom driving is broadly smiling. Brilliant. The closing scene we see the car pass by with the baby right out in front of the car--it has to be seen. I won't even try to describe how hilarious it looked. We think it's over, but no. housewives back talking about how wonderful Baby-on-Bumper is, then Gilda complains, "...but what do you do about this?:" shows infant with splotches of bugs all over the face.
Lorraine is nonplussed. Smiling broadly she shares the good word, " Why you need Bugs-on-Baby!" holds up a spray can. We weren't ready for that, and it forced us to sit and watch every commercial, not knowing who was in the conspiracy.
You do know about Bass-O-Matic ?

But my questions:
Cure time ? does anyone know how old the paint should be before it gets treated/wrapped ? Is this a concern?

matte finish: I saw a pic here of the gray with the matte ppf. Wow. I wonder how a Cosmos would look wrapped in matte?
Does anyone have good photo of silver paint (any car) with matte wrap ?
After my bumper got repainted, the body shop said it had to cure for 30 days before I could do anything to it.

After my bumper got repainted, the body shop said it had to cure for 30 days before I could do anything to it.
But by the time you get your car, it will have been longer than 30 days since it got painted

I met up with another Lucid owner (Air GT) who had just had his front windshield, top, and rear window tinted. He didn't do the side windows because he didn't want to have the door panels removed. Anyway he went with Xpel Prime XR Plus and did 70 on the windshield and 35 on the top and rear window. The work looked flawless. I sat inside to see how much visibility was impacted and the 70 had a minimal impact on visibility and the 35 significantly darkened the glass especially on the rear top portion. Then we went to lunch and left our two cars parked side by side in the heat (89 degrees). When we returned a little over an hour later I sat in his car first and it was very comfortable. Then I sat in my car (no tinting) and it was significantly warmer. My car was bearable but his car was much cooler. Definitely has me considering tinting but not sure I really want to go with the 35. I'm thinking maybe 70 on the windshield and top and 55 on the side and rear window. Not sure how much heat resistance I'll be giving up but I'm concerned about 35 especially at night. Thoughts??
I have the equivalent of 17% VLT on all four side windows on my Accord Hybrid, as I live in the desert. It's amazing by day but at night it does impact visibility, especially people walking across the street. I usually drive with my driver side window cracked open to assist in peripheral view at night. I would not expect there to be an issue with 35%.

Did you wind up moving forward with tinting and if so what did you choose and how did it go?

I have the equivalent of 17% VLT on all four side windows on my Accord Hybrid, as I live in the desert. It's amazing by day but at night it does impact visibility, especially people walking across the street. I usually drive with my driver side window cracked open to assist in peripheral view at night. I would not expect there to be an issue with 35%.

Did you wind up moving forward with tinting and if so what did you choose and how did it go?
Yes I did go forward with full tinting. I went with Xpel Prime Xr plus 70 on the windshield; 35 on the sunroof; and 45 on four door windows and the rear window. Very happy with the results however if I were doing it again, perhaps I would go with 35 all around except the windshield. I've seen others who have done this and they say night visibility is still okay. My setup has been fine at night.

Yes I did go forward with full tinting. I went with Xpel Prime Xr plus 70 on the windshield; 35 on the sunroof; and 45 on four door windows and the rear window.
How was it? Did it take away the airiness? And what was the cost?

Tinted all our glass
55 winshield and roof
20s all other glass
It’s dark but we like it for AZ

IMG_8358.jpeg

How was it? Did it take away the airiness? And what was the cost?
Still very airy. Its not really that different from the inside but is darker when seen from the outside.

I had 70% ceramic tint done on the sides, roof, and rear a couple weeks ago. I can't say I've noticed a difference in interior temp. It hasn't been that warm lately so maybe I'll notice more on a warmer day? Or maybe the windshield still lets in enough IR that the rest doesn't matter.

I had to get 70% ceramic all around because of state laws and I got tired of eating tickets. I mainly wanted it for the heat rejection and personally I can feel the difference despite it being essentially clear.

Back