hmp10

Founding Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
Referral Code
033M4EXG
Just when I thought the interior of the Mercedes EQS had brought MB design to a new low of overwrought tackiness, I went to the MB website this morning to look at the EQS AMG. When I selected the red color, this is what popped up. Please tell me someone hacked their website:

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 9.08.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 9.08.47 AM.png

Oh - That's ugly as hell 🤮🤮🤮

wait what?! Ok that has to be a glitch. I am actually sad about the appearance of the MB EVs as I would consider them if they weren't like a cartoon egg with a rave interior. Edited to add: Does the same for me. Speechless.

wait what?! Ok that has to be a glitch. I am actually sad about the appearance of the MB EVs as I would consider them if they weren't like a cartoon egg with a rave interior. Edited to add: Does the same for me. Speechless.
They do look better in person.

I just found a YouTube video of a Hyacinth Red EQS AMG that was a solid color, so I suspect this might be a glitch on the MB website. The fact that I could even wonder, though, is a testament to how off the rails I think Mercedes design has gone with the EQS -- especially that chromed-up, arcade-strip-lighting, black plastic interior. I could too easily believe the people who came up with that interior could come up with this color scheme.

Picture is correct. You need to pay $3000 to get the rest of the car painted in red. (jk)

Seriously? They have already tacked on a $1750 upcharge to get the dual-color version, and there's an additional upcharge to get a solid color? This is odd, as dual-color cars are usually more complex to produce than single-color cars.

Something else is amiss. The YouTube video of an all-red EQS AMG said the color was Hyacinth Red. The MB website is only showing this dual-color Cardinal Red for a red AMG.

Their website shows an AMG "night package", which shows an all-red car, but it a no-cost option:

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 10.21.34 AM.png

Last edited:
Surely a glitch. The "AMG Night Package" thumbnail on the same page is the red color too, but it looks sane (and dare I say, not that bad):

eqs_2022-11-14_10-26.png

We went to the local MB dealership yesterday to look around. They had a Lucid Air Grand Touring, a Porsche Taycan Turbo S, and a Tesla Model X in the showroom -- but no EQS anywhere to be seen.

If the EQS is in too short a supply to have one on display, I find it odd to invite a comparison with other EVs. I guess the sales people will just TELL you how much nicer the EQS is before taking your order to pay $50,000 above list price to get one.

Just when I thought the interior of the Mercedes EQS had brought MB design to a new low of overwrought tackiness, I went to the MB website this morning to look at the EQS AMG. When I selected the red color, this is what popped up. Please tell me someone hacked their website:

View attachment 6672
View attachment 6673
If hideousER was a word, this would describe it! LOL!

Seriously? They have already tacked on a $1750 upcharge to get the dual-color version, and there's an additional upcharge to get a solid color? This is odd, as dual-color cars are usually more complex to produce than single-color cars.

Something else is amiss. The YouTube video of an all-red EQS AMG said the color was Hyacinth Red. The MB website is only showing this dual-color Cardinal Red for a red AMG.

Their website shows an AMG "night package", which shows an all-red car, but it a no-cost option:

Picture is correct. You need to pay $3000 to get the rest of the car painted in red. (jk)

Was a joke hence the (jk) just kidding in the end

I think most will look back on the EQS styling in a few years like we did the late 90's Taurus and Sable... "What were they thinking".

View attachment 6683View attachment 6685View attachment 6686
OMG .. I've been saying that since the EQS debuted !!
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
It reminded my of my father's 1988 Ford Taurus .. didn't like that back then, don't like the EQS now.

Love the MBs I've had over the years, but couldn't get myself to buy the EQS (1. ugly , 2. ugly, 3. $50K dealer markup, 4. no frunk, 5. range/performance not great, 6. ugly)
:)

Honestly, if you take that old Taurus interior and turn that center circular console into a touch screen then slapped a Tesla badge on it it would fly off the lots

Honestly, if you take that old Taurus interior and turn that center circular console into a touch screen then slapped a Tesla badge on it it would fly off the lots
If you put Tesla logo in any merchandise, they will sell fast. Just like their fart-mode, certain population dig it. 🤣

Back