What did you sacrifice for a Lucid Air?

Where are you connecting to power?
USB to 12v adapter, a link was posted here from Amazon at some point. I connect the USB to the jack in the armrest, ran it down the side of the armrest and snuck it underneath the pilot panel, then the 12v socket is in there. The only downside is that this jack will not send power until it recognizes a device is newly plugged into it (maybe it’s a battery saving feature for the Lucid, or maybe it’s a glitch?), so anytime you wake the car from sleep you have to unplug the 12v plug and replug it into the adapter. I’ll post some pics, it’s hard to describe. I’m too cheap/not enough of a badass to go for the pro install, and this little Uniden does the job just fine for me.

Here’s the pics:
5CE5A0E8-7411-4253-9D29-5DE2841A4E72.jpeg
B0E7919B-9DCE-4C06-853D-EF5AED65BDCE.jpeg
80876979-DAA7-4E96-8A83-DC6FA725C750.jpeg

Just curious what people are letting go of / sacrificing / selling / delaying for their Lucid Air? Or if you decided to not get an Air, what did you get instead (doesn't have to be another car and can be intangible items)?

My next expense would've been a bathroom renovation. It's nowhere close to the price of an Air, so not only I'm delaying the renovation but I would also be letting go of enclosing my home's patio area.
Buying more lcid stock! 😂

I've actually debating between a Touring and 3 Tesla PowerWalls.
The Touring would be for personal pleasure and we don't really need another car since we have 2 sedans and a minivan.
The PowerWalls are for the whole family and have practical application, which by the way are much less money. My quote is $43K and change.
While we can make both purchases, with the possible looming of a recession and being fiscally conservative, I kind of tell myself to pick one or the other.
I also know most certainly the price for Lucid would increase in the future, and I'd have to pay a whole lot more if I forego my current reservation.
Be interested in any comments or insights on this real-world scenario.

I've actually debating between a Touring and 3 Tesla PowerWalls.
The Touring would be for personal pleasure and we don't really need another car since we have 2 sedans and a minivan.
The PowerWalls are for the whole family and have practical application, which by the way are much less money. My quote is $43K and change.
While we can make both purchases, with the possible looming of a recession and being fiscally conservative, I kind of tell myself to pick one or the other.
I also know most certainly the price for Lucid would increase in the future, and I'd have to pay a whole lot more if I forego my current reservation.
Be interested in any comments or insights on this real-world scenario.

In the 30+ years that I have lived near Kierland in North Scottsdale, I think we have had a power failure maybe twice. So the Lucid would probably be a better choice. If you opted for the ability to feed electricity back into your house, you would have the best of both worlds (albeit for a somewhat higher price). You could get the car first and wait for the economy to stabilize before doing the charger thing.

In the 30+ years that I have lived near Kierland in North Scottsdale, I think we have had a power failure maybe twice. So the Lucid would probably be a better choice. If you opted for the ability to feed electricity back into your house, you would have the best of both worlds (albeit for a somewhat higher price). You could get the car first and wait for the economy to stabilize before doing the charger thing.
Thanks, Steve.
My long-term wish is actually to get off the grid and that'd probably require 9 PWs, so the total price will be the equivalent of a Touring.

Thanks, Steve.
My long-term wish is actually to get off the grid and that'd probably require 9 PWs, so the total price will be the equivalent of a Touring.
I believe there’s a thread in here with some owners who have gotten creative with powerwalls, but I’m not sure if you can actually be “off grid” long term? Any solar you generate doesn’t just go straight into the PW, right?

I’ve sacrificed gas and gas stations on the holy altar of Rawlinson. Good riddance!

In exchange for that sacrifice I’ve gained neuroses over parking close to other cars, keeping the car clean and avoiding damage in general. I’ve also gained an addiction to punching the accelerator when opportunity allows, turning every on-ramp into a victory lap and using red lights with no cops near by as a slingshot. I should probably tone it down a bit as I almost sacrificed my drivers license last night when I launched at a red light and then the radar detector went off when I hit 80 in a 45 zone. Somehow he didn’t catch me, I guess I slowed down in time but man that was close!

I launched and did 60 mph in a 30 mph zone right in front of a cop. Slowed down via regen fully expecting a ticket but never got flagged. I suspect he didn’t even hear me.

Oh, and Bunny is actually a sullen teenager who’s finding strangers in the Alps.

I believe there’s a thread in here with some owners who have gotten creative with powerwalls, but I’m not sure if you can actually be “off grid” long term? Any solar you generate doesn’t just go straight into the PW, right?
I believe you can be off grid with solar panels, but the cost is high, probably 100K or so, depending on the wattage. And the solar energy can be set up to go only to your batteries.

With my 'handle' and my visibility, I'm pissing off Tesla employees! That's okay tho as the 'old-timer' Tesla employees are already at Lucid or Rivian! Also, still feeling the love from my Tesla friends!

After 10 weeks, I finally got my registered plate, talk about slow paperwork by Lucid. Anyway, now my license plate is legit after registered with the state today. I was basically driving illegally with unregistered custom plate for weeks. 🤣
4A6247EE-529C-4EA3-941E-A112A4D9364A.jpeg

Sacrificed my dream car that I have lusted over for ever

Attachments

• Porsche-Panamera-Turbo-S-E-Hybrid-Executive-1637320098.jpg
    Porsche-Panamera-Turbo-S-E-Hybrid-Executive-1637320098.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 91
After 10 weeks, I finally got my registered plate, talk about slow paperwork by Lucid. Anyway, now my license plate is legit after registered with the state today. I was basically driving illegally with unregistered custom plate for weeks. 🤣View attachment 3287
Found a shortcoming….

I couldn’t put registration sticker on driver side bc of low clearance in between windowshieod and pilot cockpit parcel, so I have to put sticker on passenger side. I’m not sure if Texas state law mandates on driver’s side only.

Attachments

• D9B16DD5-8DF5-4111-935C-287B3D89344A.jpeg
    D9B16DD5-8DF5-4111-935C-287B3D89344A.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
  • 03922D2F-801C-491E-BF89-76652AFE50C1.jpeg
    03922D2F-801C-491E-BF89-76652AFE50C1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 81
Just curious what people are letting go of / sacrificing / selling / delaying for their Lucid Air? Or if you decided to not get an Air, what did you get instead (doesn't have to be another car and can be intangible items)?

My next expense would've been a bathroom renovation. It's nowhere close to the price of an Air, so not only I'm delaying the renovation but I would also be letting go of enclosing my home's patio for
I had that car, it was not made for the northeast roads or weather.
I needed a car and wanted to go electric, I wanted a luxury car because that is what I am used to…that is why I bought the Lucid Air…has performance, luxury with technology that is good enough…I assume technology will get better so for me it works great.

Sacrificed my dream car that I have lusted over for ever
Are you happy with your decision? I’m sacrificing my Panamera GTS, which has been a true pleasure.

Back