What did you sacrifice for a Lucid Air?

noobzilla

Just curious what people are letting go of / sacrificing / selling / delaying for their Lucid Air? Or if you decided to not get an Air, what did you get instead (doesn't have to be another car and can be intangible items)?

My next expense would've been a bathroom renovation. It's nowhere close to the price of an Air, so not only I'm delaying the renovation but I would also be letting go of enclosing my home's patio area.

Possible marital harmony...we shall see. This part of the internet is private, right?

Possible marital harmony...we shall see. This part of the internet is private, right?
What happens in the Internet stays in the Internet! Wait what...

An Audi Etron mostly. It checked all the boxes except the range one. We really wanted a crossover/SUV type thing but sacrificed that requirement in interest of range.
Figured it Lucid does well enough, we’ll trade up to the Gravity.

Just curious what people are letting go of / sacrificing / selling / delaying for their Lucid Air? Or if you decided to not get an Air, what did you get instead (doesn't have to be another car and can be intangible items)?

My next expense would've been a bathroom renovation. It's nowhere close to the price of an Air, so not only I'm delaying the renovation but I would also be letting go of enclosing my home's patio area.
Diesel pusher coach

What are people sacrificing for their Lucid Air?
Well, obviously, a multitude of answers here, but one common thing for sure is without the existence of Lucid, many of us here on this forum would have more time available for other tasks.

I have always been frugal most of my life, buying pre-own vehicles and concern about depreciation, dollar cost average, inflation adjusted value, etc. etc. Now I’m at stage of life I’m comfortable and just f**k it.

Had I buy a Tesla MX, it would be a pre-owned as well without waited for production. I love the look of falcon wings, it just feel futuristic. But I upgraded to AGT from P/T bc I think how we spend money shapes our future, Lucid deserves my money not bc of it’s better for Earth’s future, but also we need variety, not just singularity of white Tesla M3.

I sacrificed my model S Raven performance with self driving ( well I did pay for it) and free life time charging as it was a demo sale and that was the one of the last Teslas to offer this perk. I had driven model Ses for seven years at this point and was frankly bored driving the same car with only a model 3 downscale interior a yoke and the same body to look forward too if I decided to get yet another model S. Life is too short. The Lucid is only the second car I have configured and ordered new in 45 years, every other have been used, off lease, year end left over, demo sale etc. this is a real departure for me. Also the first time buying a brand new untested model ( and from a brand new car company)

The convenience of going to a gas station, anywhere, quickly to fill up.

I live in a condo WITHOUT the ability to charge at home for another 6 months or so, so I will be driving to an EA or other fast charging stations weekly to sit and wait. That was a very tough call to make on accepting delivery. Not a forever problem though thankfully.

Still waiting for a VIN, but I do not consider my intention to wait for and buy an AGT any sacrifice. It is an indulgence for certain (who really needs such an expensive vehicle?), but its dynamic capabilities, range, design, and, I trust safety are why I want it. I look forward to a lot of road trips in the northeast and maybe cross country and believe that it will answer my driving needs very well.

I’ve sacrificed gas and gas stations on the holy altar of Rawlinson. Good riddance!

In exchange for that sacrifice I’ve gained neuroses over parking close to other cars, keeping the car clean and avoiding damage in general. I’ve also gained an addiction to punching the accelerator when opportunity allows, turning every on-ramp into a victory lap and using red lights with no cops near by as a slingshot. I should probably tone it down a bit as I almost sacrificed my drivers license last night when I launched at a red light and then the radar detector went off when I hit 80 in a 45 zone. Somehow he didn’t catch me, I guess I slowed down in time but man that was close!

I’ve sacrificed gas and gas stations on the holy altar of Rawlinson. Good riddance!

In exchange for that sacrifice I’ve gained neuroses over parking close to other cars, keeping the car clean and avoiding damage in general. I’ve also gained an addiction to punching the accelerator when opportunity allows, turning every on-ramp into a victory lap and using red lights with no cops near by as a slingshot. I should probably tone it down a bit as I almost sacrificed my drivers license last night when I launched at a red light and then the radar detector went off when I hit 80 in a 45 zone. Somehow he didn’t catch me, I guess I slowed down in time but man that was close!
You may have also sacrificed a bit of deniability when the radar detector fails and the court finds these comments! Then again, I may be in the cell next to you!

Nah The bunny is actually a female wrester from the Czech Republic. They will never track the Bunny down.
She definitely has plausible deniability!

I gave up my 2007 Lexus SC 430 with only 53k miles. I loved that car like I had given birth to it. Mint condition. The only thing that made me feel better about selling it was the great price I got. Well, that and never having to go to a gas station again.

Back