What did you sacrifice for a Lucid Air?

So, your stable may include both a Gravity and an R1S?

I keep floating different options by my wife, but she is dead set on waiting for the Rivian. I’m probably wrong, but I think the bad economy and people making changes to the dual motor may get us our quad motor R1S before next year. Either that or they will prioritize the dual motor and push us to 2025.
Yeah, only if Gravity is compelling in hardware, efficiency, design language, and between now and delivery, Lucid is consistent with OTA releases of new software features.

Cars and Bids start seeing some closing deals at current or a little below today’s MSRP. Market has softened, but Californian listings still ended up at higher closing bids.

Yeah, only if Gravity is compelling in hardware, efficiency, design language, and between now and delivery, Lucid is consistent with OTA releases of new software features.

Cars and Bids start seeing some closing deals at current or a little below today’s MSRP. Market has softened, but Californian listings still ended up at higher closing bids.
I’ve seen a couple go for 93k and 94k, but your value is holding up better than most, especially Lucid. It hasn’t helped that Elon has almost single handily drove the market down.

Possible marital harmony...we shall see. This part of the internet is private, right?

Ha! Funny story: right after i bought the GV-60, I was showing the Demuro video review to the spousal unit. We got to the part where he mentioned the price. I just kind of shrugged my shoulders.

She looked over to my work laptop and said, "You're going to be working forever." The backstory is that I'm semi-retired and only working 30 hours a week. One of the reasons I'm still working is that I 1) bought the GV-60, 2) will be getting my Lucid Touring on Friday, and 3) will be getting an R1S in 7-9 months (I hope).

So, not "forever" but I am sacrificing a few years of my early retirement.

Ha! Funny story: right after i bought the GV-60, I was showing the Demuro video review to the spousal unit. We got to the part where he mentioned the price. I just kind of shrugged my shoulders.

She looked over to my work laptop and said, "You're going to be working forever." The backstory is that I'm semi-retired and only working 30 hours a week. One of the reasons I'm still working is that I 1) bought the GV-60, 2) will be getting my Lucid Touring on Friday, and 3) will be getting an R1S in 7-9 months (I hope).

So, not "forever" but I am sacrificing a few years of my early retirement.
I do have a question: if r1s, then why gv60?

I do have a question: if r1s, then why gv60?

Because the R1S was (is) taking foreeeever. My car was ready for replacement, and I wanted an EV, and the GV-60 was available!

Plan to switch driving between the GV & Lucid until we get the R1S (which is what I really want), then part with one of them.

Because the R1S was (is) taking foreeeever. My car was ready for replacement, and I wanted an EV, and the GV-60 was available!

Plan to switch driving between the GV & Lucid until we get the R1S (which is what I really want), then part with one of them.
100%
my wife has been waiting 2+ yrs for her R1S .. and we may b waiting forever (or until they come around regarding service center proximity .. which may be next decade) .. have backup reservations w/ GMC and Volvo, but both of those are 2024-2025 at best.... she is not happy.

I feel your pain. I didn’t have the nerve to reserve an R1S simultaneously with my AGT reservation 12/21, so I procrastinated and didn’t reserve til just before the Biden EV bill in August (eating the price increase in the process). Still haven’t received the invitation to build out the vehicle.
I reeeeally want to retire my gas hog Yukon!

I feel your pain. I didn’t have the nerve to reserve an R1S simultaneously with my AGT reservation 12/21, so I procrastinated and didn’t reserve til just before the Biden EV bill in August (eating the price increase in the process). Still haven’t received the invitation to build out the vehicle.
I reeeeally want to retire my gas hog Yukon!
Me too, we ordered around same time, mine was in late July. I hesitated on R1S until Lucid convinced me of electric power, I hesitated to pull trigger on MS and MX. IMO, Lucid Air, Rivian R1S and Model-S are the best looking side profile EVs on the market. Lucid Air is my first EV and first will always be the sweetest!

I sacrificed sailing on Wonder of the Seas or any of her sisters in 2023 and taking in a AquaTheater show from my balcony this year. Our next sailing is on Royal Caribbean's Icon of the Seas inaugural sailing in January.

Last edited:
100%
my wife has been waiting 2+ yrs for her R1S .. and we may b waiting forever (or until they come around regarding service center proximity .. which may be next decade) .. have backup reservations w/ GMC and Volvo, but both of those are 2024-2025 at best.... she is not happy.
If it is any help timing-wise, I got a call from my Rivian guide a few weeks ago with an R1S fitting my specs ready for delivery, and I was also given access to the already built cars to choose from, though we declined in favor of the iX. I had a 9/19 reservation. I've also started to see several around, so they are coming out.

I sacrificed sailing on Wonder of the Seas or any of her sisters in 2023 and taking in a AquaTheater show from my balcony this year. Our next sailing is on Royal Caribbean's Icon of the Seas inaugural sailing in January.
I liked the oasis class better than the upcoming icon class. No boardwalk on icon, seriously? Anyways a bit offtopic.

I liked the oasis class better than the upcoming icon class. No boardwalk on icon, seriously? Anyways a bit offtopic.
Well they say the Surfside Neighborhood is a pseudo "Boardwalk." Nah, who am I kidding, the if Boardwalk doesn't end at the Aqua Theater, it ain't no Boardwalk! 😂

On another note, the Aqua Dome looks pretty slick and I'm not going to miss the Solarium at all. Are you interested in sailing on Icon at all?

Well they say the Surfside Neighborhood is a pseudo "Boardwalk." Nah, who am I kidding, the if Boardwalk doesn't end at the Aqua Theater, it ain't no Boardwalk! 😂

On another note, the Aqua Dome looks pretty slick and I'm not going to miss the Solarium at all. Are you interested in sailing on Icon at all?
Well, no. I'd much rather have the oasis class, but icon over quantum class for sure. Some of my best memories on harmony of the seas was going to johnny's rockets, getting a milkshake, hanging out with my friends, right on an open boardwalk where the sun was shining. And all of this right next to the aqua theater. Of course, I am a teenager.

Well, no. I'd much rather have the oasis class, but icon over quantum class for sure. Some of my best memories on harmony of the seas was going to johnny's rockets, getting a milkshake, hanging out with my friends, right on an open boardwalk where the sun was shining. And all of this right next to the aqua theater. Of course, I am a teenager.
My honeymoon was on Harmony's transatlantic from Barcelona. She's special to me too. We got to meet up with both Oasis and Allure off the coast of Fort Lauderdale the afternoon before disembarking. That was a sight to behold! It's different seeing those two ships out the back of the Aqua Theater in the middle of the ocean. They are enormous from this perspective. I'll have see if I can find my photos and message them to you.

Interesting enough though my favorite ship in the entire fleet is Quantum of the Seas from the Quantum Class. I salied in on her over New Year's during her inaugural season. We had great time as we were on CNN for their annual New Year's Eve Special when it was good.

I also adore Quantum because that ship demonstrated my to geeky self the technical feats that could be done on the high seas. Two70 is a marvel and I watched one of the best shows I had ever seen on land or sea with the original cast of Starwater multiple times.

This was until I saw InTENse on Wonder of the Seas which was draw dropping! We usually sail in Junior Suites on every class except the Oasis Class. On the Oasis Class we only sail in Boardwalk Balconies usually the last cabin closest to the Aqua Theater on either port or starboard. I say this because I usually catch the show from my balcony and when I tell you InTENse had our cabin thumping it was thumping. What a show!

Attachments

• 20221204_223933.jpg
    20221204_223933.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 61
My honeymoon was on Harmony's transatlantic from Barcelona. She's special to me too. We got to meet up with both Oasis and Allure off the coast of Fort Lauderdale the afternoon before disembarking. That was a sight to behold! It's different seeing those two ships out the back of the Aqua Theater in the middle of the ocean. They are enormous from this perspective. I'll have see if I can find my photos and message them to you.

Interesting enough though my favorite ship in the entire fleet is Quantum of the Seas from the Quantum Class. I salied in on her over New Year's during her inaugural season. We had great time as we were on CNN for their annual New Year's Eve Special when it was good.

I also adore Quantum because that ship demonstrated my to geeky self the technical feats that could be done on the high seas. Two70 is a marvel and I watched one of the best shows I had ever seen on land or sea with the original cast of Starwater multiple times.

This was until I saw InTENse on Wonder of the Seas which was draw dropping! We usually sail in Junior Suites on every class except the Oasis Class. On the Oasis Class we only sail in Boardwalk Balconies usually the last cabin closest to the Aqua Theater on either port or starboard. I say this because I usually catch the show from my balcony and when I tell you InTENse had our cabin thumping it was thumping. What a show!
Ah, if you liked quantum of the seas you will LOVE icon. Its like a cross between oasis and quantum, family experiences and so much tech! And dont bother with the pics, ive already been on harmony of the seas!(oasis class)

I’ve been on total 6 cruises, Royal Caribbean Harmony, Oasis, Wonder as the best. Norwegian is next, then Princess, lastly Carnival. 😂

Back