Using old EV plates on a new EV (like Lucid)

bhramabull

Verified Owner
Hey folks. Anyone here from AZ know if I can take my 'cloud plates' or AFV plates from a Model 3 that I just sold and use it on Lucid? or any other EV/AFV for that matter?

Hey folks. Anyone here from AZ know if I can take my 'cloud plates' or AFV plates from a Model 3 that I just sold and use it on Lucid? or any other EV/AFV for that matter?
You can request a refund online. If you want to transfer them, I think you have to go to DMV. I wanted to transfer my vanity plates from my old Tesla Model S, but didn’t find a way to do that online. After I got the plate refund, I was not able to get the same vanity plates, but ‘magically’ after I got my Lucid I was able to get the same plates. I now gave two sets.

I think there is a option when you cancel you old plate and request a refund to transfer that plate to one of your existing cars. You would have to have your Lucid before doing this.

The other was is to have Lucid do it. They will transfer the vanity plate for you, if it is still in your name, when they register your Lucid.

Thanks guys....so this will currently be for our Hyundai Ioniq 5 we picked up yesterday...I keep getting so much contradictory info from the MVD here in Scottsdale that I wanted to get a clearer picture from people here on this forum from AZ. I suppose if I am able to transfer it over to the Hyundai, I should still be able to keep all those privileges like HOV lane etc etc yea? I am already dreading heading to the MVD to ask them this and do the whole registration refund ( I sold our Model 3)

I replaced a qualifying BMW330e with a qualifying BMW 530e. The dealership provided the usual temporary plate but I had to go to the DMV (or...in my case...one of the private companies that handles registrations and titles...one near the Scottsdale airpark) to legally use my HOV plate.

I ended up using both the temporary plate and the HOV plate until I got the official approval. Driving the 101 in the HOV lane during rush hour is a great benefit.

I'm assuming that if I'm getting one for the first time, I simply order it online and connect it to the car. In doing so, is it correct to assume that MVD will cancel whatever plate they send/sent me during the initial registration? Never having done a vanity or new plate request before, I'm a little lost :).

I'm assuming that if I'm getting one for the first time, I simply order it online and connect it to the car. In doing so, is it correct to assume that MVD will cancel whatever plate they send/sent me during the initial registration? Never having done a vanity or new plate request before, I'm a little lost :).
Yep, order online and the MVD will take care of it all.

If you haven't done this already, register an account on https://azmvdnow.gov/home. All your vehicles will be visible there. For me, the Lucid was visible (with a license plate #) about 2 weeks before delivery. You can then order customer plates from there.

If you haven't done this already, register an account on https://azmvdnow.gov/home. All your vehicles will be visible there. For me, the Lucid was visible (with a license plate #) about 2 weeks before delivery. You can then order customer plates from there.
Yeah, I have that... it's what prompted my question to Lucid on how registration worked as I didn't see the Lucid. They've made nice improvements with that over the past couple years

Back