Unobtrusive phone mount

Demosthenes

For those who want a phone mount that is unobtrusive, I tried this one that you can hide completely behind the glass cockpit:

TechMatte Magnetic Phone Holder... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08YR1BMLW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I think it works reasonably well and seems to hold my phone very securely. Simple brushed aluminum finish, reasonably aesthetic. You can run an L-shaped charging cable under the central console and then upwards, keeping it mostly out of the way and mostly out of sight. When not in use, you can rotate the holder so that it’s completely hidden from view.

In this position, I suppose it could be used as a dash cam or for video calls using the front facing camera. If your phone isn’t magnetic, it comes with an adhesive magnetic ring that you can stick onto the back of your phone or case and it sticks strongly to the holder. Can use in both vertical or horizontal orientation. There’s probably some fancy one that can do wireless charging as well but I didn’t look too hard and this one only costs like 15$.

6F8DE96B-AE9C-4F4D-B732-69BCC01CE1A6.jpeg
0F077114-7C24-451B-90A8-DE49811ADB92.jpeg
89FC250F-6708-4268-86B7-C0F822000B32.jpeg
03552F76-3271-4A05-BA53-4CDAB1C5D363.jpeg

Doesn't that block quite a bit of your view?

I’ve taken the pic at a weird upward angle to block my name plate in the background of my parking stall so it’s not really representative of the actual view when you’re driving. To me, it blocks almost no relevant view at all and allows you to easily glance at your phone without taking your eyes off the road. My phone is a regular sized iPhone 12, not one of the max versions.

When it’s vertical, does look kind of odd and does block more view to be fair.

I must be the odd man out. Does anyone else drive without looking at their phone all the time?

I rarely have my phone out while driving which is why I wanted a mount that can easily and completely disappear when I’m not using it. But if I occasionally want to use my phone nav instead of car nav, go on a video call, or use my phone as a dash cam until lucid gets sentry mode, then this mount works for me.

Back