Phone charger / holder solution

FlyingLap

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Not sure if it’s been posted before but just wanted to share a solution for the poorly designed phone holder. I haven’t been able to use the wireless charger at all since my phone is in a thick otter box.

After removing the pad on the bottom of the center console enclosure, the plastic piece that holds the phone is secured with four screws. Removing these were a bit tedious as it is in a tight space and since I probably didn’t have the right tools. But after doing so, the phone fits in the slot and charges perfectly!

In my opinion, this is a more elegant solution over having to buy a cup holder mounted phone holder which takes up a cup holder and can be in the way of the lower screen. Especially with the new Apple CarPlay update, this has worked really well for me.

6A70B1E9-E410-4162-9565-D504ED2672E4.jpeg
5C70CD1B-9E41-4502-9416-2FB12EA2571A.jpeg
246FDBF7-DDC2-4240-B6B5-69FC8DD7B5A4.jpeg

I did exactly that but mounted a magnetic puck using command strips to the passenger side. My iPhone Pro Max and case still wasn’t working with the built in charger. And now, with CP, I can verify in the CP UI that the phone is charging vs having to check the phone itself

Not sure if it’s been posted before but just wanted to share a solution for the poorly designed phone holder. I haven’t been able to use the wireless charger at all since my phone is in a thick otter box.

After removing the pad on the bottom of the center console enclosure, the plastic piece that holds the phone is secured with four screws. Removing these were a bit tedious as it is in a tight space and since I probably didn’t have the right tools. But after doing so, the phone fits in the slot and charges perfectly!

In my opinion, this is a more elegant solution over having to buy a cup holder mounted phone holder which takes up a cup holder and can be in the way of the lower screen. Especially with the new Apple CarPlay update, this has worked really well for me.

View attachment 10982View attachment 10983View attachment 10985
If you don't want your phone flying backwards into the console during "spirited" driving, you can also remove the rubber bumps and re-install the hard plastic retainer part by itself ...

Attachments

• parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 75
I just got the phone holder made by LISEN.... It is one of the most amazingly engineered devices that attached to the Vent in a great spot.... Got it on Amazon.... I am not a paid endorser I just post about cool stuff for my Fathom Blue Air Pure.... Enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_20240310_164124347_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240310_164124347_HDR.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20240310_164134143_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240310_164134143_HDR.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 87
I just got the phone holder made by LISEN.... It is one of the most amazingly engineered devices that attached to the Vent in a great spot.... Got it on Amazon.... I am not a paid endorser I just post about cool stuff for my Fathom Blue Air Pure.... Enjoy!

Gotta love those made up “Chinglish” names.

Back