Vent mount MagSafe Cell Phone Holder

xwave

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring, Model 3, Y
I am not a fan of the vent mount cell phone holder because it could damage the vent mechanism. However, I could not find a good place to mount a cell phone other than a vent mount one.
I modified and cut two leg of a ESR MagSafe holder which cost me $17.

IMG_9604.jpeg
IMG_9580.jpeg
IMG_7452.jpeg
IMG_7454.jpeg
IMG_7463.jpeg

That's actually not bad

I scrolled down looking for the inevitable Android phone... but no, that's an iPhone? What on earth is it doing there, rather than sitting out of sight powering CarPlay? Legitimately curious what the motivation is.

I scrolled down looking for the inevitable Android phone... but no, that's an iPhone? What on earth is it doing there, rather than sitting out of sight powering CarPlay? Legitimately curious what the motivation is.
I do use airplay but it has connection issues sometimes. Also, it is easier to input or search addresses with the phone.

Iphone user here. Not all of us are fans of Car Play. I rarely use it myself.

Fair enough, just wondering. I pick up my phone to enter addresses, so I agree there. For connectivity issues, try wired CarPlay if you want to improve that. The wireless issues are pretty rare for me, but wired should be seamless.

I am not a fan of the vent mount cell phone holder because it could damage the vent mechanism. However, I could not find a good place to mount a cell phone other than a vent mount one.

View attachment 18113View attachment 18114View attachment 18115View attachment 18116View attachment 18117

Thanks for posting about this. I must have spent over $200 in various phone mounts, and even managed to return one, without sending it back to China at my own expense. My problem with the vent mounts I’ve purchased is that the extendable arm that hooks onto one of the vent vanes is not long enough. The middle vents in the Lucid present a particular problem because they’re recessed and under the lip of the dashboard just enough so that the cellphone hook can’t reach the back of the vent vane. It’s midly frustrating.

However, I’m going to have another go at this, and order the same vent you did.

Fair enough, just wondering. I pick up my phone to enter addresses, so I agree there. For connectivity issues, try wired CarPlay if you want to improve that. The wireless issues are pretty rare for me, but wired should be seamless.
Oh, I forgot to tell you that I carry two phones. I have twraps magsafe charger, too.

View attachment 18113View attachment 18114View attachment 18115View attachment 18116View attachment 18117

@xwave. By the way, what did you use to cut off the plastic legs? A hand saw? I just received my phone mount.

Last edited:
@xwave. By the way, what did you use to cut off the plastic legs? A hand saw? I just received my phone mount.
I used a wire cutter and sanded it. Also, I double-taped some rubber pieces in the edge.

I used a wire cutter and sanded it. Also, I double-taped some rubber pieces in the edge.

Couldn’t be happier. Yours is the best solution I’ve found.

Attachments

• IMG_2668.jpeg
    IMG_2668.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2669.jpeg
    IMG_2669.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
Back