Unlocking with mobile key unreliable

pyle112

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid touring
Referral Code
M7633PFL
I just wanted to highlight that since recent updates it takes at least three presses of the door latches to unlock. See the attached image for what happened when I press the door latch. I'm running out of doors!

Attachments

• 1725295793988464324169618903230.webp
    1725295793988464324169618903230.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
I just wanted to highlight that since recent updates it takes at least three presses of the door latches to unlock. See the attached image for what happened when I press the door latch. I'm running out of doors!
Have you followed the instructions in @Bobby’s mobile key video? Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? Have precise location and Bluetooth on?

Have you followed the instructions in @Bobby’s mobile key video? Tried uninstalling and reinstalling it? Have precise location and Bluetooth on?
Working on it now. Will update if the rain dance works.

Working on it now. Will update if the rain dance works.
To be clear: I don’t like that this is the solution lol. But it usually works, particularly after an update, and then I usually don’t have issues.

And I only seem to have issues every 3-4 updates.

One other thing I've found that helps a lot is just "waking up" my phone by taking out of my pocket. For some reason, that seems to wake the car immediately.

One other thing I've found that helps a lot is just "waking up" my phone by taking out of my pocket. For some reason, that seems to wake the car immediately.
That’s because your phone powers down Bluetooth to save battery. Most of the time the delay with your car opening is because your phone is in this state. Pressing a button on it in your pocket or taking it out wakes it which causes Bluetooth to power up and connect with your Air allowing it to register and unlock.

Just an observation.
Mobile key works perfectly, read instantaneously, on the Sapphire, maybe because of the new software chip.
GT-P on the other hand, takes a bit longer, by 2-3 seconds longer, but not always. Sometimes is as quick as the new software.
Go figure the secret moves by Lucid. :)

There were times when I thought that was a solution, and I chalked it up to the time to wake up factor, or time for my bluetooth to connect, but this time I couldn't do my typical rain dance, which is press the first for handle then the second door handle then walk around to the other side and finally take out the phone.
This time my car was in a tight spot in my garage so I pressed the first handle, then went to the second, and then I went to the phone which was as usual taking forever to wake up the car. Finally I shimmied to the third door and pressed the handle and she opened.
I'll let you guys know if reconnecting mobile key and soft reboot works.

Sigh

I have a crazy idea. Why doesn't Lucid engineering take two or three of us who have repeatable problems and arrange to meet us - with our phones - at a service center. Bring your instrumentation and bluetooth protocol analyzer. Put a data logger on the car. Have each of us do our rain-dance and see what you see?

"But, this is so hard, you say?" Really? A plane flight - if you can't find enough takers in the Bay Area - is perhaps $1000? Is it cheaper to ignore the problem and have our bad experiences poison the reputation of the car? Or to have your engineering team continue to just guess what's happening?

I do suppose there is another option: the engineering team knows what the problems are, but just don't want to fix them, perhaps because they are expensive hardware swap-outs. But what's the end game in this case? That those of us with unreliable mobile keys just continue to silently be disgusted with the embarrassment of standing in a parking lot looking like a fool?

I don't get the silence from Lucid on this continuing issue. It is disrespectful of your early adopters.

I have a crazy idea. Why doesn't Lucid engineering take two or three of us who have repeatable problems and arrange to meet us - with our phones - at a service center. Bring your instrumentation and bluetooth protocol analyzer. Put a data logger on the car. Have each of us do our rain-dance and see what you see?

"But, this is so hard, you say?" Really? A plane flight - if you can't find enough takers in the Bay Area - is perhaps $1000? Is it cheaper to ignore the problem and have our bad experiences poison the reputation of the car? Or to have your engineering team continue to just guess what's happening?

I do suppose there is another option: the engineering team knows what the problems are, but just don't want to fix them, perhaps because they are expensive hardware swap-outs. But what's the end game in this case? That those of us with unreliable mobile keys just continue to silently be disgusted with the embarrassment of standing in a parking lot looking like a fool?

I don't get the silence from Lucid on this continuing issue. It is disrespectful of your early adopters.
I mean Lucid knows it's an issue but due to external reasons or legal reasons, they cannot fix the issue. It's a hardware implementation choice that was made before Lucid was shipping the Air. We've been told that it's fixed in gravity but it will continue to be an issue on Air for a long time. If it was a software fix, it most likely would have already been solved. I too share the same frustrations for the record and have had my car looked at multiple times. There's nothing out of spec on my model and I've been told that my car is acting normal. It's just Lucids normal is not all that great around mobile key. My best advice would be to carry the fob.

I mean Lucid knows it's an issue but due to external reasons or legal reasons, they cannot fix the issue. It's a hardware implementation choice that was made before Lucid was shipping the Air. We've been told that it's fixed in gravity but it will continue to be an issue on Air for a long time. If it was a software fix, it most likely would have already been solved. I too share the same frustrations for the record and have had my car looked at multiple times. There's nothing out of spec on my model and I've been told that my car is acting normal. It's just Lucids normal is not all that great around mobile key. My best advice would be to carry the fob.
Key fob-check, garage opener-check, carlink-check, sunshade-check, charger side scheduling disabled-check. Definitely learned a lot with this car. For those of us with the time and effort it's interesting, but that's why my wife sticks to driving the Volvo.

Key fob-check, garage opener-check, carlink-check, sunshade-check, charger side scheduling disabled-check. Definitely learned a lot with this car. For those of us with the time and effort it's interesting, but that's why my wife sticks to driving the Volvo.
Yeah I held the opinion of "Lucid is not ready for the general consumer yet" for a very long time. It has gotten better as time has progressed but the key issue and AC issue make air a hard sell for the general consumer. The Air (especially early revisions) were definitely made for the tinkerers and early adopters who don't mind clever tricks or workarounds to get the most out of the car.

Yeah I held the opinion of "Lucid is not ready for the general consumer yet" for a very long time. It has gotten better as time has progressed but the key issue and AC issue make air a hard sell for the general consumer. The Air (especially early revisions) were definitely made for the tinkerers and early adopters who don't mind clever tricks or workarounds to get the most out of the car.
Yes, as an Az resident, I really wish the AC could be stronger.
If there were a way to upgrade the AC by either Lucid or an after-market shop, I'd be more than happy to shell out a couple of grands.

That’s because your phone powers down Bluetooth to save battery. Most of the time the delay with your car opening is because your phone is in this state. Pressing a button on it in your pocket or taking it out wakes it which causes Bluetooth to power up and connect with your Air allowing it to register and unlock.
This. Once I got in this habit mine works like 99% of the time no issues. While walking to the car I'll just hit the unlock button on my phone or sound volume rockers...works every time

Man I can't agree more. I love driving this car but I probably won't buy another one. I'm at the tail end of another miserable summer with the underpowered A/C that is completely up to spec according to multiple mobile service guys. And I do the exact same rain dance where waking up my phone works alllmost every time.

Man I can't agree more. I love driving this car but I probably won't buy another one. I'm at the tail end of another miserable summer with the underpowered A/C that is completely up to spec according to multiple mobile service guys. And I do the exact same rain dance where waking up my phone works alllmost every time.
Switch to the fob and 50% of your major issues are solved. Instantly. :)

Yes, as an Az resident, I really wish the AC could be stronger.
If there were a way to upgrade the AC by either Lucid or an after-market shop, I'd be more than happy to shell out a couple of grands.
This is interesting because the vehicles are manufactured in Casa Grande-just south of Phx–one of the hottest places on the planet. I had an underpowered AC issue with my Rivian R1S last summer in Phx. Underpowered AC is the primary reason I sold it, but there were other minor reasons including wait for service appts is impossibly long. I really wanted to love it after 3.5 years of waiting...
Oh well, back to Tesla. Hoping the Gravity is awesome.
What do people know about the Wagoneer S?

I carry the Fob, as the Google Pixel phones, I have a 6, appear to have a comunication issue with the app. This has been explored in another thread.

I have had the same problem. Thank you for sharing.
I am glad to know it is not just me.

Back