Unlocking with mobile key unreliable

the phone require the app being open, to use the key card you need to take the card from your wallet and place it on the car. to use the key fob you just need to walk up to the car and voila the doors open. which option is the easiest to use?
Ok. Got it, did you miss my point that it is 2024 and that using a phone or key fob should be simple and there should be no use of Key FOB? I am out of this conversation, as some people just don’t get it or I guess have never experienced how nice it is not have a key fob and only use your phone. I know some on this forum do though and are with the times. 🙂

the phone require the app being open, to use the key card you need to take the card from your wallet and place it on the car. to use the key fob you just need to walk up to the car and voila the doors open. which option is the easiest to use?
That is not true. If mobile key is working you do not take your phone out of your pocket, you just walk up. Again, mobile key is not the same thing as opening the app and pressing the unlock button.

Ok. Got it, did you miss my point that it is 2024 and that using a phone or key fob should be simple and there should be no use of Key FOB? I am out of this conversation, as some people just don’t get it or I guess have never experienced how nice it is not have a key fob and only use your phone. I know some on this forum do though and are with the times. 🙂
did you miss the part about how using the phone to open the car requires many steps like opening the app and waiting for it to connect?, try doing that standing in the rain

That is not true. If mobile key is working you do not take your phone out of your pocket, you just walk up. Again, mobile key is not the same thing as opening the app and pressing the unlock button.
it is true for me

did you miss the part about how using the phone to open the car requires many steps like opening the app and waiting for it to connect?, try doing that standing in the rain
Mobile Key most certainly does not require opening the app, or even taking the phone out of your pocket.

I, too, use the fob mostly. But occasionally when I forget my fob, I can still walk up to the car and it opens for me just fine, if a few seconds later than I'd like. I may have to jiggle the phone a little in my pocket, but I certainly don't have to take the phone out of my pocket.

This is incorrect. And rude.

for some reason the Bluetooth has been extremely reliable for me since last 2 -3 updates and one second delay only max

It was not like that at the beginning when I got the car

I have AGT 2023 running 2.3.11 and iPhone 13 Pro

Or some people don't care about carrying a fob. It's not a problem for me at all. It weighs almost nothing and it's at the bottom of my purse. On the days I don't want to carry my bag, I use the mobile key and it works fine. Really, everyone could argue this until the end of time, but the cool thing is that there are three ways to unlock the car. The fob, the mobile key, and the card. Everyone can use whatever works best for them.

I live in a warm area. Simply using Keep Mode for shorter period of parking and activating remote climate for longer solves the AC issue.
Mobile key has been very good lately. What phone are you using? I’m happy to help you troubleshoot.
Hi thanks Bobby I have an iphone15 pro. Any troubleshooting help would be great!

Hi thanks Bobby I have an iphone15 pro. Any troubleshooting help would be great!
Have you had an opportunity to watch the video I posted about resetting everything? Try that first. If it doesn’t help, let me know and I’m happy to help you troubleshoot further.

I don't use it because I found that it wasn't a viable feature. what exactly is your issue?
That's fine, to each their own. Except it sounds like you've never actually used it and yet you're here telling people how it works.

I've got a different problem with mobile key. My iPhone has been having battery issues--I can't make it though a day without recharging. I went to get the battery replaced, and the tech said that the battery health was OK, and 31% of the power so far that day had been used by the Lucid app in the background. So I turned off background processing on the app, now my phone is happy. But I can't use mobile key anymore. Since I carry the fob anyway, that's OK. Though given how often the battery dies in the fob, I would rather have both.

haven't read the thread
two years owner

I just love the car , so

it's not a bug ... it's a feature.

I still use both. It's very zen to wait to see if your car accepts you.
Try to replace ... a car with a wife wording.
Then it becomes a perfect post. :)

My experience is a bit different. The app takes time to wake my Lucid up from deep sleep, like when it’s been idle all night. It takes at least 15-20 seconds, sometimes longer. Most of the time I need to press the lock icon once or twice for the doors to open. But afterwards for the rest of the day it works almost instantly. I come within a couple of yards from any direction and the doors open. I have never needed to use the fob. Awakening after deep sleep continues to be a problem, however many times I reset the mobile key. At this point I just shrug and accept it. A few years extra seconds waiting in the garage is not a big deal.
AGREED! My Tesla always opens as I approach the car no matter how long it has been sitting

AGREED! My Tesla always opens as I approach the car no matter how long it has been sitting
Yeah, but how does it drive, lol.

I have found that tapping my iphone on the driver’s handle 95% of the time unlocks the vehicle on the first tap. I’ve been using my phone as the “key” since the second day I’ve owned my car and have never been locked out of the vehicle mind you I only have 2,600 miles on it since getting it in July.

Have you had an opportunity to watch the video I posted about resetting everything? Try that first. If it doesn’t help, let me know and I’m happy to help you troubleshoot further.
Can you link to here on resetting everything? I think it might also help with a seat/profile issue I am having

Thanks in advance!

Back