Unlocking with mobile key unreliable

Apologies for bringing this thread back to life, but I was hoping that 2.4.4 would remedy the mobile key situation but it hasn't. Recently had to bring the Volvo in for service so my wife had to survive with the lucid, and I've been fielding complaints on issues that I normally just live with-mobile key being one of them. So it turns out for me it's not just the mobile key, but also the fob that behaves the same (slow responsive-ness to proximity sensing - double tapping to open is fine). So I'm wondering what exactly is going on when a proximity event happens whether it's my mobile key or the fob. Is there a Wi-Fi or Internet related element influences? My neighborhood doesn't get the best T-Mobile reception, hence my app takes a while to wake up the car. I wonder if that's an element at play here? It's also odd that I can press the first door handle, press the send and then the third to open, and regardless of the amount of time I wait in between the three presses I have to do all three! Mobile service came to look at it, replaced the batteries and said everything was in spec (unfortunately I wasn't home to check). They are coming again next week for a seat homing issue and I'll ask them to check the proximity opening again but just wanted to get educated on what the steps are and what influences timing of opening my doors.

I use iPhone 15 pro max and 14 mini, and had mobile key issues.
I deleted the all lucid related bluetooth on the phones and also deleted all the mobile keys on the car.
The mobile keys works flawless after I register the phones.

Apologies for bringing this thread back to life, but I was hoping that 2.4.4 would remedy the mobile key situation but it hasn't. Recently had to bring the Volvo in for service so my wife had to survive with the lucid, and I've been fielding complaints on issues that I normally just live with-mobile key being one of them. So it turns out for me it's not just the mobile key, but also the fob that behaves the same (slow responsive-ness to proximity sensing - double tapping to open is fine). So I'm wondering what exactly is going on when a proximity event happens whether it's my mobile key or the fob. Is there a Wi-Fi or Internet related element influences? My neighborhood doesn't get the best T-Mobile reception, hence my app takes a while to wake up the car. I wonder if that's an element at play here? It's also odd that I can press the first door handle, press the send and then the third to open, and regardless of the amount of time I wait in between the three presses I have to do all three! Mobile service came to look at it, replaced the batteries and said everything was in spec (unfortunately I wasn't home to check). They are coming again next week for a seat homing issue and I'll ask them to check the proximity opening again but just wanted to get educated on what the steps are and what influences timing of opening my doors.
Have you followed the delete and reinstall steps mentioned in this thread several times?

I carry the Fob, as the Google Pixel phones, I have a 6, appear to have a comunication issue with the app. This has been explored in another thread.
I have to agree, my pixel 6a took a long time to wake the car up, and as I switched to the 8a last week, things seem to have gotten worse, not better. Although I haven't yet done the uninstall-reinstall raindance after the 2.4.4 update...

Have you followed the delete and reinstall steps mentioned in this thread several times?
Yes. And service looked at it too, all prior to this week's update.

Thinking about it further, it's not wifi or Internet related as it doesn't matter where I parked the car. And it's not Android related as the key fob does the same thing. Logically it must be the vehicle. I'll try removing all mobile keys and fobs again, since I haven't tried that with this new update.

Yes. And service looked at it too, all prior to this week's update.

Thinking about it further, it's not wifi or Internet related as it doesn't matter where I parked the car. And it's not Android related as the key fob does the same thing. Logically it must be the vehicle. I'll try removing all mobile keys and fobs again, since I haven't tried that with this new update.
Mobile key and the fob had absolutely nothing to do with the Internet, Wi-Fi, or cellular. They use Bluetooth. Using functions of the app requires Internet.

Wrong forum.
It's fair to mention how Lucid compares to other vehicles, and that includes Tesla. Nobody complained about posts I've made pointing out what Lucid does better than Tesla, which is a lot. However, the point about a Tesla reacting to fobs and smartphones consistently merely points out what should be normal operation for any car. Lucid needs to improve, but let's not act as if Tesla got it right initially. It took them years to overcome problems with the phone as key that were a lot worse.

Mobile key and the fob had absolutely nothing to do with the Internet, Wi-Fi, or cellular. They use Bluetooth. Using functions of the app requires Internet.
Understood. Just thinking out loud trouble shooting. Appreciate the attention! Good to have a community of tinkerers here.

I'm having some of the same issues, namely that carrying the fob doesn't necessarily improve things, and the car doesn't consistently open when the fob is in range even though double tapping works. I had Lucid service at my house for something unrelated, and when this came up, I was told that it's definitely not normal, but he didn't have a solution other than reporting it back to Lucid so they could follow up. Having somebody there who was very familiar with how things should work, who saw how things are working, and who didn't have a solution makes me think that you aren't going to find the answer here.

Lucid hasn't gotten back to me on this and I haven't tried to follow up. For now, the car is often very quick to react when I go into my garage, as long as I go in for something unrelated to wanting to use the car. Maybe I need to go into the garage while looking in a different direction to see if I can fool it.

I'm having some of the same issues, namely that carrying the fob doesn't necessarily improve things, and the car doesn't consistently open when the fob is in range even though double tapping works. I had Lucid service at my house for something unrelated, and when this came up, I was told that it's definitely not normal, but he didn't have a solution other than reporting it back to Lucid so they could follow up. Having somebody there who was very familiar with how things should work, who saw how things are working, and who didn't have a solution makes me think that you aren't going to find the answer here.

Lucid hasn't gotten back to me on this and I haven't tried to follow up. For now, the car is often very quick to react when I go into my garage, as long as I go in for something unrelated to wanting to use the car. Maybe I need to go into the garage while looking in a different direction to see if I can fool it.
The fob issue is what gets me. Like, fob technology must be something very pedestrian at this point. I'm curious what lucid did in it's implementation that causes anything but a 99.999% success rate.

The fob issue is what gets me. Like, fob technology must be something very pedestrian at this point. I'm curious what lucid did in it's implementation that causes anything but a 99.999% success rate.
"Lucid and/or a vendor contracted by Lucid" FTFY

I agree wih Bobby's charaterzation vis-a-vis, mobile key/Fob are bluetooth based and not WiFi dependent. That said, let me share some observations and get other folks to educate me:

> Before OTA 2.4.2, I found mobile key and Fob on the Lucid to be a nightmare. It often take 30 sec or more to get Lucid to respond. A lot of time, I have to press on the door lever to "wake-it-up". Many-a-time, I have to launch the APP to get it going. In short, the Lucid mobile key is close to being useless. In contrast, my Rivian R1S, parked in the same garage, reliably detects my mobile key every time when I am within 5ft of the garage.
> after I installed OTA 2.4.2 (I don't have OTA 2.4.4 yet), my Lucid seems to be a lot more alert and detected my phone (mobile key for both the Lucid and the Rivian) when I walked into the garage.

Q: is the Lucid's BT radio powered down when inactive? If so, how does the sleeping Lucid detect my phone's BT? Did OTA 2.4.X change the power management of Lucid's BT?

Back