Touring vs GT

justjim95

Verified Owner
Other than horsepower and range, are there any other differences?

Touring: No massage seats. No adjustable head rest. No side bolster adjustment. Slightly lower grade leather. Beaded leather instead of Alcantara on the dash and door panels. Body-colored side view mirrors instead of platinum.

Glass roof, larger than 19-inch wheels, SSPro and DDPro are all optional.

Also Touring: slightly more comfortable back seat thanks to the smaller battery. Feet in the back sit 2.5-3 inches lower.

Due to the increased range, more battery is needed. This raises the floor of the rear seat, making the legroom slightly worse(it is still very good, do you have a car you would like me to compare it against?)

GT comes standard with the glass roof at no cost unlike the touring.

The GT has massaging front seats. They are SUPERB. An option for this may be added to the touring soon(added to pure already) but we are not sure yet.

The price is an obvious difference as well. If I had the choice, I would say save the money and get the touring unless you need the range and/or massaging seats. HP difference isnt that big over 0-60(less than 0.2 seconds in car and driver testing) but power from 50-80 is better for the GT. All lucid models have AMAZING high power delivery as they are focused on that over 0-60, i'd say its as good as a plaid which just dumps the power.

The touring is also lighter due to less battery, better handling results from this(so does rear legroom as previously discussed). This also explains the relatively light deficit from 0-60

GT and Touring owners, did I miss anything?

Touring: No massage seats. No adjustable head rest. No side bolster adjustment. Slightly lower grade leather. Beaded leather instead of Alcantara on the dash and door panels. Body-colored side view mirrors instead of platinum.

Glass roof, larger than 19-inch wheels, SSPro and DDPro are all optional.

Also Touring: slightly more comfortable back seat thanks to the smaller battery. Feet in the back sit 2.5-3 inches lower.

Wait, isnt the seat leather the exact same as the GT? Isnt the only difference "extended" nappa leather, which I believe just adds nappa in more places? Also, 20 inch wheels come standard with Touring.

What everyone said above and either you could get 19" wheel or 20" wheel for the same price. GT has the "Purelux" interior as an option which doesn't offer on the Touring.

One thing I have always wondered.

The GT has the larger battery pack and so has greater horsepower, yet the torque ratings are identical on both the Touring and the GT?

Great info. Might be hard for me to justify $30k for massage seats and 50 miles of range.

I have a Touring, but just returned a GT loaner that I had for a few days.

Compared to the Touring, GT had massage seats, I used them only once, then didn't care to use them, actually forgot they were there. Seats in GT felt a little softer. One big difference was the handling. The GT felt like a heavier car. I could clearly feel the difference in the turns. It was nice to see the extra range in the GT. Never charged the 3 days I had the car! But with the larger wheel size- 21 inches ( I had the 20 inch ), I felt the bumps more.

Considering Touring has a bigger footwell in the back, I'm glad I went for the Touring. But if you want range and like to use the massage function, GT is also a terrific car. But of course more expensive.

I returned a loaner AGT recently and felt the same heaviness you described. I also noticed it seemed like the regenerative braking was less pronounced even when on high.

I have a Touring, but just returned a GT loaner that I had for a few days.

Compared to the Touring, GT had massage seats, I used them only once, then didn't care to use them, actually forgot they were there. Seats in GT felt a little softer. One big difference was the handling. The GT felt like a heavier car. I could clearly feel the difference in the turns. It was nice to see the extra range in the GT. Never charged the 3 days I had the car! But with the larger wheel size- 21 inches ( I had the 20 inch ), I felt the bumps more.

Considering Touring has a bigger footwell in the back, I'm glad I went for the Touring. But if you want range and like to use the massage function, GT is also a terrific car. But of course more expensive.

My main road trip to see family is 390 miles. If I get 80% of the advertised range and don't want to stop then I guess I need to splurge. If I can handle the 20-30 mins charging stop then I will save the money. Thanks for the advice.

My main road trip to see family is 390 miles. If I get 80% of the advertised range and don't want to stop then I guess I need to splurge. If I can handle the 20-30 mins charging stop then I will save the money. Thanks for the advice.
You will be traveling comfortably with the Touring for that kind of trip with a quick 15 to 20 minutes charging/stretching session.

We went to Florida from Houston which is a 600mi trip in my Touring.. 15mins at a charger and then 2hrs of non-stop yet very comfortable driving made the trip a breeze... you will be more than good with a Touring.. back seat passengers enjoyed the extra legroom too

If you see yourself road-trip a lot, GT is worth the road tripper, the massage chair can stimulate longer drive. But this car has so much power, just Touring itself is sufficient for daily use.

Yep, if you dont want to stop get the GT with 19 inch wheels- advertised 516 mile range- you should get 380 miles easily as long as you dont drive above the speed limit. Having the AC on, passengers, luggage, elevation, cold etc will reduce range a bit.

With a touring on 19 inches, you get 420 mile range so with normal driving, you may not be able to make the 380 mile trip. Also, the more you charge to 100%, battery developes dendrites causing degradation. You also lose regen braking for while when you are 100% charged.

Another point is charging infrastucture, Electrify America is not as good as Tesla's. Using EA chargers does get annoying and can be very frustrating.

All things considered, if you can afford it, I would go with a GT with 19 inch wheels.

Back