Touring vs GT

Sorry to bring up an older thread, in the same vein as my earlier posts, getting into a GT lease might be about the same price as a loaded Touring well with the December deals going on.

What I'd like to know is specifically about the rear space. From my understanding, the GT has a higher floor which obviously means decreased comfort for rear passengers. This is not a huge deal for me. Alternatively, I do have large car seats that i'm planning to put back there and the Touring has a ton of space behind the driver seat where you can easily put a large car seat without any tightness. I can see on Lucid's website that the GT has 1" less rear legroom than the Touring. Is the rear of the GT physically shorter as well? Like the front seat sits further back or something? Or is this just a weird way of calculating that's only looking at foot room or something?

Is it safe to assume the space between rear seat and front backrest identical between the two?

1701712354078.png

Sorry to bring up an older thread, in the same vein as my earlier posts, getting into a GT lease might be about the same price as a loaded Touring well with the December deals going on.

What I'd like to know is specifically about the rear space. From my understanding, the GT has a higher floor which obviously means decreased comfort for rear passengers. This is not a huge deal for me. Alternatively, I do have large car seats that i'm planning to put back there and the Touring has a ton of space behind the driver seat where you can easily put a large car seat without any tightness. I can see on Lucid's website that the GT has 1" less rear legroom than the Touring. Is the rear of the GT physically shorter as well? Like the front seat sits further back or something? Or is this just a weird way of calculating that's only looking at foot room or something?

Is it safe to assume the space between rear seat and front backrest identical between the two?

View attachment 16836
To answer your main question, yes the distance between rear seat and backrest is same. This difference is apparently caused by a difference in measuring methods.

The main difference is in the footwell; the seat base is also slightly more steeply angled in the GT IIRC. But the “length” as described is the same.

I’ve never had anyone complain about rear legroom, but then we’re not a tall family. The occasional taller rear seat passenger has complemented the interior space, though.

I’m sure a showroom - or even a local member or two - would let you compare and maybe trial-fit your car seats.

The only different is that the AT has 4 fewer battery modules. These 4 battery modules are located at the foot rear passengers foot well. Without the 4 modules, the AT has deeper foot well.

The main difference is in the footwell; the seat base is also slightly more steeply angled in the GT IIRC. But the “length” as described is the same.

I’ve never had anyone complain about rear legroom, but then we’re not a tall family. The occasional taller rear seat passenger has complemented the interior space, though.

I’m sure a showroom - or even a local member or two - would let you compare and maybe trial-fit your car seats.
i hae trial fit in a touring/pure already and ordered based on that. Would feel a little bothersome if i asked to do it again with a GT now lol. As long as the seat -> backrest distance is the same, i should be fine.

I have to say the way rear legroom is calculated seem odd to me. The seat ->backrest seems larger in the Lucid than the EQS I sat in, but they report 40" of rear legroom compared to 37" in the Lucid. Not sure how that's possible, the EQS didn't seem any bigger

i hae trial fit in a touring/pure already and ordered based on that. Would feel a little bothersome if i asked to do it again with a GT now lol. As long as the seat -> backrest distance is the same, i should be fine.

I have to say the way rear legroom is calculated seem odd to me. The seat ->backrest seems larger in the Lucid than the EQS I sat in, but they report 40" of rear legroom compared to 37" in the Lucid. Not sure how that's possible, the EQS didn't seem any bigger
I just never trust car legroom figures. They are almost never accurate and I prefer seeing in person!

The way someone put it to me a long time ago I find helpful.

The main difference between the Touring/ Pure and GT rear foot room is this: Imagine sitting in the back seat of a car. Now, in that same car put your feet on top of a credit card (standing longways). The height difference of your knees and where your feet sit is the difference. The distance to the front seats is no different.

Sounds like a small thing, sitting with your feet and knees 2.5 inches higher. But try it. Makes a difference. Particularly if you're going to be back there for hours.

Reactions: DBV
Back