2022 vs 2023 Grand Touring

snippygt

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
I am awaiting delivery of a new 2022 Grand Touring. Are there any specific concerns I should have regarding build quality etc over a 2023 model? This is a "new" 2022 and has something like 40 miles on it, so I imagine it was not used (at least extensively) as a loaner or press or company car. There was such significant discount on this model (and several others like it) that it was essentially same pricing as 2023 in production Touring models (accounting for cash pricing). Thanks in advance for any input.

I am awaiting delivery of a new 2022 Grand Touring. Are there any specific concerns I should have regarding build quality etc over a 2023 model? This is a "new" 2022 and has something like 40 miles on it, so I imagine it was not used (at least extensively) as a loaner or press or company car. There was such significant discount on this model (and several others like it) that it was essentially same pricing as 2023 in production Touring models (accounting for cash pricing). Thanks in advance for any input.
Make sure you ask for referral code and the conquest credit if it applies.

It’s just depreciation when it comes to build years.

That and manufacturing maturity.
Yes, it is the "manufacturing maturity" that has me a little concerned and second-guessing a little bit....

What was the discount?

I would not expect for it to be used at all.

What was the discount?

I would not expect for it to be used at all.
22' model year should substantiate a discount on the car. If the sales rep wouldn't give me the numbers other than via phone, I would think those discounts be kept between buyer and seller. Your parents can ask if they want to know.

22' models are about to be 2 years out of date. They are trying to get them off the lots to recuperate or get a tiny bit off the cars. The longer it goes, the harder it is to sell the cars.

22' model year should substantiate a discount on the car. If the sales rep wouldn't give me the numbers other than via phone, I would think those discounts be kept between buyer and seller. Your parents can ask if they want to know.
Yeah, our rep said that she would “check” for the deal, which I find weird.

Yeah, our rep said that she would “check” for the deal, which I find weird.
Mine couldn't get her numbers 100% correct. I'll be calling Monday with questions to make sure both parties are tracking. We may end up pulling the trigger on a GT-P.

Mine couldn't get her numbers 100% correct. I'll be calling Monday with questions to make sure both parties are tracking. We may end up pulling the trigger on a GT-P.
One step closer to a sapphire for you!
I am particularly worried about the early problems that plagued some Lucids. Hope we get a “later” 22 model year car, if we do end up going for that over the touring. Rear legroom is a potential issue.

One step closer to a sapphire for you!
I am particularly worried about the early problems that plagued some Lucids. Hope we get a “later” 22 model year car, if we do end up going for that over the touring. Rear legroom is a potential issue.
This is my question-what are the main “early problems” that plagued some of initial builds? i am not certain is to when car was built in production cycle.

This is my question-what are the main “early problems” that plagued some of initial builds? i am not certain is to when car was built in production cycle.
Varies. Some folks had issues with the battery (contactors and other issues). Others had issues with the motors. Door handles responding were common problems. Speakers with a tape solution (not a recall, forget the type of problem and still under warranty) with crackling sounds. Some had camera issues. Wiring harness was one. Windshield wiper torque another one. For a few folks, hood misalignment breaking trim and chipping paint.

I experienced about half of these issues on our late 22/23 model. Some of these only pop up after 5-7k miles.

I am awaiting delivery of a new 2022 Grand Touring. Are there any specific concerns I should have regarding build quality etc over a 2023 model?
I have a Sept. '22 build GT. The panel gap to the trunk lid, and the rear door misalignment, and the charge port door is about the worst I've ever seen, but I don't care. I bought the car for the parts I can't see.
As for the software: I had a bad control module (supply issues during pandemic = alternate, unvetted sources of component ?) that was diagnosed and replaced. Since then ~ year + 9000 miles it's been flawless. The software updates are amazing = like it's your birthday. The remarkable thing is this car keeps getting better. I would not hesitate a second to get a deal on an early build.

Don't trust any review that duns the software. Everything has been "fixed" by continuing software updates. It's old news and should not be part of your analysis. For that reason, don't trust ANY review of the Lexus that was made before the recent update. It's a different car now.

I have one serious complaint: with latest update you can't turn off / avoid Highway Accident mode. You used to be able to switch it to just Adaptive Cruse, but recent update has eliminated it ???? HA is so dangerous it means I no longer have cruse control. Wish there was an "always off" button for HA, and that they would bring adaptive cruse back. Perhaps an update rollback option ? What I would really like is the option to eliminate HA entirely.

Last edited:
90-95k range for a cash offer if you do the math.
Can you provide lease number, i am in process if deciding a lease or buy. This may help with my decision 🙂

Can you provide lease number, i am in process if deciding a lease or buy. This may help with my decision 🙂
I dont know yet(still searching), and are the 22 gts even eligible to be combined with the 18 month offer?

I dont know yet(still searching), and are the 22 gts even eligible to be combined with the 18 month offer?

The 22 GTs are not available with the lease offers

Back