2022 vs 2023 Grand Touring

It sounds like you guys are in the $90K - $95K range at this time for a new '22 GT?

That’s a pretty good deal.
I once bought a $35k VW EOS roadster for $18k for just sitting in the dealership showroom for 5 years. Despite depreciation, it drove like new and I ended up put up 110k miles before I gave up.

I took the deal on the '22 GT this year as well. The only issues I have encountered was the wiper blade fluid was not properly connected. Frank the mobile mechanic fixed it at my office in 20 minutes. However, I literally just noticed it is not working again. I also had my horn go out and they want me to drop it off for a couple days in OC to figure out the issue. The horn issue appears to be a one off as the OC mechanic said they haven't seen it before.

These issues are nothing compared to the instant power while giggling I enjoy while driving.

Slim pickings left for the more popular interior/exterior combinations. We locked in a White with Tahoe GT-P while we wait out the insurance to finish up. If all goes well, it will be a nice replacement to our GT.

FYI: Today is the last day to lock in 2 years of free EA charging.

Slim pickings left for the more popular interior/exterior combinations. We locked in a White with Tahoe GT-P while we wait out the insurance to finish up. If all goes well, it will be a nice replacement to our GT.

FYI: Today is the last day for 2 years of free EA charging.
What if you reserved before the original price increases(and therefore locked in three years)?

Also, is there not a regular gt in zenith/tahoe?

After 2.1.42 HA has been flawless for me. I’d give it another shot. You can always switch between them by holding the DreamDrive button View attachment 16634 on the left.

But if you *really* want to turn it off, I believe there’s an option for it in the settings.
Holding the Dream Drive button down to get rid of it used to work but no longer does with the latest update. I can't investigate this while driving, but now I can't access Adaptive Cruse at all.

I find HA like driving with a toddler who reaches out and grabs the wheel randomly. I can't predict or prevent this unwanted intrusion. Swearing and beatings do not correct the behavior. My pediatrician says I should not use duck tape as the adhesive irritates the skin.

It's the most annoying and frightening thing I've experienced in 55 years of driving that was (pardon the expression) "engineered" into a car. That Lucid made it so difficult to disengage, (requiring long periods of not looking at the road) and also, why is it the default when all you want is Adaptive Cruse? It would be nice to be able to select Adaptive Cruse without having to look for it. AND ONLY ADAPTIVE CRUSE. As it is now I cannot see which one is on, as the most comfortable driving position has the steering wheel blocking the entire top of driver's panel. Is this why Elon chose the yoke ?

auto pilot works for airplanes, but will never work for automobiles. Please you auto engineers: give this up! Stop wasting everyone's time.

Also:
It would be nice if the owner could remove any sound they find annoying... or perhaps user- selected tones & volumes?

I would like Lt. Uhura to announce incoming calls, for example.
1701363922568.jpeg
"Captain, I'm receiving a hailing on sub- space frequencies..."

Last edited:
What if you reserved before the original price increases(and therefore locked in three years)?

Also, is there not a regular gt in zenith/tahoe?
Not even sure how you still have a valid reservation, but that would be a question for the delivery/sales team. In our case, we already used close to 1 year of free charging, so the 2 year promotion works out.

Negative on the second question. We bumped up to a GT-P to get White with Tahoe.

Not even sure how you still have a valid reservation, but that would be a question for the delivery/sales team. In our case, we already used close to 1 year of free charging, so the 2 year promotion works out.

Negative on the second question. We bumped up to a GT-P to get White with Tahoe.
Ah, so there are actually no trims with PBJ. We do still have a reservation as it was binding(didnt get cancelled at the end of october like they said they would)

I’m sure you won’t regret the GT-P ;)

I think I got the last Zenith Red ‘22 GT.

Nice! It's the perfect in between of a GT and a DEP. Amazing how you can feel the differences but they do exist!

At the last leg came to know from my DA, discounts on 2022 GT wont work with Lucid 0% APR offer. It’s 0% APR or huge discount for cash buyers.
Recent 22 GT buyers, please confirm this is true :(

At the last leg came to know from my DA, discounts on 2022 GT wont work with Lucid 0% APR offer. It’s 0% APR or huge discount for cash buyers.
Recent 22 GT buyers, please confirm this is true :(
They were pretty up front about that detail. If you do the math on the loan, the cash discount is what you would earn over the 6 years at 4.5-5.5% interest rate. In other words, do you think you can beat that rate (eg. take the loan), or is that the most likely result (maybe even less, eg. take the cash offer).

They were pretty up front about that detail. If you do the math on the loan, the cash discount is what you would earn over the 6 years at 4.5-5.5% interest rate. In other words, do you think you can beat that rate (eg. take the loan), or is that the most likely result (maybe even less, eg. take the cash offer).
In my case, my DA came to know now. Anyhow i hope he finds me a Pure with DDP and SSP again.

It’s not coming near to 95K with including all the discounts with what i am checking :(
If someone can trow some light on the number, this can help me make a decision.
I found your post. Your sales advisor should have this information though, but I have also gotten different answers.

95k cash. 110k with 0% for 72 month loan. GT 22'.

The price and offer for GT-P has been a little all over the place, but the price difference will be about 24k more for both cash and finance. Not sure about any other incentives or offers of financing with the GT-P.

Holding the Dream Drive button down to get rid of it used to work but no longer does with the latest update. I can't investigate this while driving, but now I can't access Adaptive Cruse at all.

I find HA like driving with a toddler who reaches out and grabs the wheel randomly. I can't predict or prevent this unwanted intrusion. Swearing and beatings do not correct the behavior. My pediatrician says I should not use duck tape as the adhesive irritates the skin.

It's the most annoying and frightening thing I've experienced in 55 years of driving that was (pardon the expression) "engineered" into a car. That Lucid made it so difficult to disengage, (requiring long periods of not looking at the road) and also, why is it the default when all you want is Adaptive Cruse? It would be nice to be able to select Adaptive Cruse without having to look for it. AND ONLY ADAPTIVE CRUSE. As it is now I cannot see which one is on, as the most comfortable driving position has the steering wheel blocking the entire top of driver's panel. Is this why Elon chose the yoke ?

auto pilot works for airplanes, but will never work for automobiles. Please you auto engineers: give this up! Stop wasting everyone's time.

Also:
It would be nice if the owner could remove any sound they find annoying... or perhaps user- selected tones & volumes?

I would like Lt. Uhura to announce incoming calls, for example.
View attachment 16744 "Captain, I'm receiving a hailing on sub- space frequencies..."
Yours is broken. It is not hard to disengage. The rest of your dramatic diatribe, while amusing, is irrelevant, lol.

Yours is definitely broken though - you need to have service check it out. Long pressing the DreamDrive button is the way it works, and is easy to do, but yours is broken. Call service. :)

HA works great for me, also, so if yours is not steering properly, they can check that out too. Or if you just don't like it, you can turn it off - except, again, yours is broken and needs servicing.

Aside: you can adjust volumes for different things, like the chime/ringtone, music, nav, and phone calls separately in settings, as of a few versions ago.

Press Dream Drive button. Information appears behind steering wheel. Duck or raise head to see which mode you are in. If in HA, press and hold DD button. Duck or raise head to see which mode you are in. If in AC, press tootsie roll button to set speed. If still in HA, press twitter button and give up.

I stumbled into it tonight on the pike. It was nice driving in the right lane with Adaptive Cruse on. Wish it was easier to find.

Last edited:
Press Dream Drive button. Information appears behind steering wheel. Duck or raise head to see which mode you are in. If in HA, press and hold DD button. Duck or raise head to see which mode you are in. If in AC, press tootsie roll button to set speed. If still in HA, press twitter button and give up.

I stumbled into it tonight on the pike. It was nice driving in the right lane with Adaptive Cruse on. Wish it was easier to find.
ACC does not show lane markers. HA does. You don't need to lower or raise your head; just look for those. I'm honestly not sure how to help, and I wish I could :(

Back