2022 vs 2023 Grand Touring

I have a Sept. '22 build GT. The panel gap to the trunk lid, and the rear door misalignment, and the charge port door is about the worst I've ever seen, but I don't care. I bought the car for the parts I can't see.
As for the software: I had a bad control module (supply issues during pandemic = alternate, unvetted sources of component ?) that was diagnosed and replaced. Since then ~ year + 9000 miles it's been flawless. The software updates are amazing = like it's your birthday. The remarkable thing is this car keeps getting better. I would not hesitate a second to get a deal on an early build.

Don't trust any review that duns the software. Everything has been "fixed" by continuing software updates. It's old news and should not be part of your analysis. For that reason, don't trust ANY review of the Lexus that was made before the recent update. It's a different car now.

I have one serious complaint: with latest update you can't turn off / avoid Highway Accident mode. You used to be able to switch it to just Adaptive Cruse, but recent update has eliminated it ???? HA is so dangerous it means I no longer have cruse control. Wish there was an "always off" button for HA, and that they would bring adaptive cruse back. Perhaps an update rollback option ? What I would really like is the option to eliminate HA entirely.
Thank you for this input. Definitely excited for delivery!

Varies. Some folks had issues with the battery (contactors and other issues). Others had issues with the motors. Door handles responding were common problems. Speakers with a tape solution (not a recall, forget the type of problem and still under warranty) with crackling sounds. Some had camera issues. Wiring harness was one. Windshield wiper torque another one. For a few folks, hood misalignment breaking trim and chipping paint.

I experienced about half of these issues on our late 22/23 model. Some of these only pop up after 5-7k miles.
Thanks for that summary of things to look out for! Since our order roughly 25K cheaper than ordering a 2023 GT we decided to take a chance.

I have one serious complaint: with latest update you can't turn off / avoid Highway Accident mode. You used to be able to switch it to just Adaptive Cruse, but recent update has eliminated it ???? HA is so dangerous it means I no longer have cruse control. Wish there was an "always off" button for HA, and that they would bring adaptive cruse back.
After 2.1.42 HA has been flawless for me. I’d give it another shot. You can always switch between them by holding the DreamDrive button
1700938415187.png
on the left.

But if you *really* want to turn it off, I believe there’s an option for it in the settings.

That was what I thought, and it would make sense.

Then again, a lot of the depreciation is knocked off, so I'm not sure it would matter.
Assuming you’re getting it for 35% off, it’s already below the 18 month lease residual lol. So if you’re planning to keep for a while, it’s a good move (assuming there are no other negatives with the 22s like the build quality and what not).

Assuming you’re getting it for 35% off, it’s already below the 18 month lease residual lol. So if you’re planning to keep for a while, it’s a good move (assuming there are no other negatives with the 22s like the build quality and what not).
Yup! For me, all the depreciation is essentially knocked off as GTs are selling for 85k, seems like a steal.

Yup! For me, all the depreciation is essentially knocked off as GTs are selling for 85k, seems like a steal.
I would be wary about assuming all the depreciation is knocked off, you never know what happens to prices in another 2 years. Will they head towards 50, or plateau.

I would be wary about assuming all the depreciation is knocked off, you never know what happens to prices in another 2 years. Will they head towards 50, or plateau.
If you want to buy a car when all depreciation has been knocked of, you will have to buy a 10 year old car. Not my cup of tea. I would rather by a new/newer car and enjoy the latest technology.

Thanks for that summary of things to look out for! Since our order roughly 25K cheaper than ordering a 2023 GT we decided to take a chance.
Slightly late to this thread … I’m six weeks into my ‘22 GT (built in September) and am delighted with it. It arrived with just under 50 miles indicated and, other than a couple of minor teething issues, build quality seems to have improved slightly vs the previous one, which I think was an April build. Better panel gaps, trim alignment and such.

Enjoy yours when it arrives!

Thank you for this input. Definitely excited for delivery!

You are an awesome deal! (That is the way to go if you have patience for this marvelous driving machine!)
I have earliest build of 2022 GT in March 2022. I don’t have major issues. Minor ones such as 12V battery change, frunk latch alignment and Fob battery replacement, visit to service center fix and they gave back me shortly.
Is warranty still cover 4 years from the time of your delivery? Btw, what color are you getting?

You are an awesome deal! (That is the way to go if you have patience for this marvelous driving machine!)
I have earliest build of 2022 GT in March 2022. I don’t have major issues. Minor ones such as 12V battery change, frunk latch alignment and Fob battery replacement, visit to service center fix and they gave back me shortly.
Is warranty still cover 4 years from the time of your delivery? Btw, what color are you getting?
Warranty starts from date of delivery - this was an influencing factor in my decision. Free charging does too, if that's important.

We got the quantum grey metallic

Warranty starts from date of delivery - this was an influencing factor in my decision. Free charging does too, if that's important.
Did you get the 0% APR too?
If you dont mind what is the price you ended up with all the discounts.

We got the quantum grey metallic

When I ordered at December 2021, Quantum Grey wasn’t even an available option, so you got an late 2022 build.

I am working on one too now, if ok can you provide on the price you got the vehicle for?

Probably 90K I think
It’s not coming near to 95K with including all the discounts with what i am checking :(
If someone can trow some light on the number, this can help me make a decision.

Back