2022 vs 2023 Grand Touring

Just to update this thread:
We went ahead with our order for a 2022 GT. But one of the advisors mistakenly thought our preferred color (quantum grey) was available and reassigned our VIN-only later to discover that car should not have been listed available as it was a "flooded" car!!:oops:. And our original assigned car was gone! So there was a lot of back and forth to locate a new 2022 GT which has now arrived at our delivery center and we should pick up within 1 week. They initially said they will work a deal on a new 2023 to get us down to our quoted price but then simply emailed the standard website deal. We decided to go with a GT because of the 2022 discount only. This is a cosmos silver with mojave purlux interior. We are a little disappointed that only the purlux was available (my wife and I prefer leather and it simply seems more "premium" when paying this much for a car!) but not enough to abandon our purchase. Our purchase price is $93,000 cash. The ordering process has been frustrating as everything seems unorganized but we are excited to finally get the car.

We went ahead with our order for a 2022 GT. But one of the advisors mistakenly thought our preferred color (quantum grey) was available and reassigned our VIN-only later to discover that car should not have been listed available as it was a "flooded" car!!:oops:. And our original assigned car was gone! So there was a lot of back and forth to locate a new 2022 GT which has now arrived at our delivery center and we should pick up within 1 week. They initially said they will work a deal on a new 2023 to get us down to our quoted price but then simply emailed the standard website deal. We decided to go with a GT because of the 2022 discount only. This is a cosmos silver with mojave purlux interior. We are a little disappointed that only the purlux was available (my wife and I prefer leather and it simply seems more "premium" when paying this much for a car!) but not enough to abandon our purchase. Our purchase price is $93,000 cash. The ordering process has been frustrating as everything seems unorganized but we are excited to finally get the car.
Wow that stinks. I didn't even know Purluxe was an option in a GT...

Only in mojave, but it was. @snippygt pureluxe still feels VERY good compared to the leather, it is not much of a loss(other than the colors, which i relate to)!
I sat in an Purluxe interior recently. Very nice. I actually find it softer and more supple than the leather.

I sat in an Purluxe interior recently. Very nice. I actually find it softer and more supple than the leather.
And its less resistant to wrinkling!

The only downsides that I found of it was the fact that it didn't have that nice "aged" look that well worn leather gets you and it isnt available in colors, which I think would be great as the pure would get more interior color options.

I actually prefer the purluxe, preferring its softness, comfort and resistance to wrinkles. I honestly would have paid more for it if I had to.

I don't know, i didn't find that to be the case. The purluxe kind of feels like teslas vinyl. It's good and soft, and does wear well with abuse, but the nappa leather used by Lucid is exquisite. When I picked up my car, i was awed by how soft the headrests and center console and the smooth parts of the seat feel. It's hard to tell over the perforations where the ventilation comes from in the center parts of the seat, but man, you can tell it's really high quality leather.

I do worry that i'm sure my kid will destroy these seats pretty quick throwing food and drinks off the side of the carseat, but yolo lol.

I don't know, i didn't find that to be the case. The purluxe kind of feels like teslas vinyl. It's good and soft, and does wear well with abuse, but the nappa leather used by Lucid is exquisite. When I picked up my car, i was awed by how soft the headrests and center console and the smooth parts of the seat feel. It's hard to tell over the perforations where the ventilation comes from in the center parts of the seat, but man, you can tell it's really high quality leather.

I do worry that i'm sure my kid will destroy these seats pretty quick throwing food and drinks off the side of the carseat, but yolo lol.
Ugh I know and my wife and loved the feel and appearance of the leather in design center and on test drives. Well, we will see-we are going to pickup car tomorrow evening! Our delivery advisor said that we could decline to accept if there are "issue" and they could work to have some showroom GT sent to them from across the country and then investigate the condition of the car but we would lose this VIN.

Ugh I know and my wife and loved the feel and appearance of the leather in design center and on test drives. Well, we will see-we are going to pickup car tomorrow evening! Our delivery advisor said that we could decline to accept if there are "issue" and they could work to have some showroom GT sent to them from across the country and then investigate the condition of the car but we would lose this VIN.

I would give it a fair chance though. Like, for $93k with Pureluxe or the alternative being a 2023 for $110k with leather, i'd probably take the $20k savings.

Hi All:
I also have a '22 GT on deposit for $93k. Silver/black/leather/19" wheels. It's ~22k less than a '23 after tax and discounts. They had an old demo car for me, but when it came in, the dealer called me -- said it was in poor shape and he had the new one for $14k more. He did offer to discount the demo one even more, but the wheels were in poor shape and the warranty was only 2.5 years, so i went with the new 2022.

Hi All:
I also have a '22 GT on deposit for $93k. Silver/black/leather/19" wheels. It's ~22k less than a '23 after tax and discounts. They had an old demo car for me, but when it came in, the dealer called me -- said it was in poor shape and he had the new one for $14k more. He did offer to discount the demo one even more, but the wheels were in poor shape and the warranty was only 2.5 years, so i went with the new 2022.
I bit a bullet on a used GT for 80k from Mercedes dealer. It has 810 miles on it. Picked yesterday and drove 1200miles already. As far i find panel gaps, wireless charging not working. Hope i don't find anything big that Lucid don't cover.

I bit a bullet on a used GT for 80k from Mercedes dealer. It has 810 miles on it. Picked yesterday and drove 1200miles already. As far i find panel gaps, wireless charging not working. Hope i don't find anything big that Lucid don't cover.
Wireless charging?

Wireless phone charging is a little bit finicky and only active on the left-hand side.

Wireless phone charging is a little bit finicky and only active on the left-hand side.
Seems to work great on the left hand side for me. It does feel slower than my home wireless charger though. Maybe it’s just hard to get perfectly aligned.

I actually prefer the purluxe, preferring its softness, comfort and resistance to wrinkles. I honestly would have paid more for it if I had to.
I have PureLux in my car and just had GT with leather as loaner for ten days... I like the softness and feel of the PureLux better than the leather... Sits softer

Congrats, wish I had waited. The panel gaps most likely have been corrected but should be covered under warranty. Log a service ticket so at least they can show you they are within tolerance. If they are then they can’t/wont do anything about it but you should not have any issues.

One thing Lucid has going for them so far is excellent service so take advantage of it while you still can.

Driving the GT is its best suit/feature. Even the most critical of people (ME) loves driving the car. That never disappoints.

Are you sure that wireless charging is dead???With wireless charging only one of the phone niches closest to driver is set up to charge and you need a compatible case— push it down firmly..

Are you sure that wireless charging is dead???With wireless charging only one of the phone niches closest to driver is set up to charge and you need a compatible case— push it down firmly..
I tried even without the case and it dis showed charging once.

Back