Why are people selling their 2022 GT's?

connorkchris

Hey all,

I've been coming across a fair amount of 2022 GTs on cars.com and also in this forum and I am thinking about picking one up but none of them seem to be selling. The sellers even keep lowering their prices to as low as 85k.

I'm wondering if there is something inherently wrong with the 2022 GTs that I should stay away from? Should I opt for a newer 2023 Touring? Regardless, I'd like to buy something used so I don't have to worry about the major deprecation that comes with a brand new car.

Last edited:
Hey all,

I've been coming across a fair amount of 2022 GTs on cars.com and also in this forum and I am thinking about picking one up but none of them seem to be selling. The sellers even keep lowering their prices and they are going for 85k.

I'm wondering if there is something inherently wrong with the 2022 GTs that I should stay away from? Should I opt for a newer 2023 Touring? Regardless, I'd like to buy something used so I don't have to worry about the major deprecation that comes with a brand new car.
There are no inherent issues with 22 GTs that I know of. I think most people are selling as they bought it to take advantage if the inflated 2022 market for cars, and others just for natural reasons!

I have a ‘22 GT and it has been wonderful. Admittedly, some of the early cars had some trim and fitment issues but Lucid Service has figured these out and they can be solved easily. My car now has 17,000+ miles on it. It’s a wonderful car!

I have a ‘22 GT and it has been wonderful. Admittedly, some of the early cars had some trim and fitment issues but Lucid Service has figured these out and they can be solved easily. My car now has 17,000+ miles on it. It’s a wonderful car!
If I were to buy a 2022 GT with panel gaps and fitment issues, would lucid service be willing to fix that on a resold car? Is this covered in a short term warranty of sorts or do you have to pay for cosmetic fixes?

If I were to buy a 2022 GT with panel gaps and fitment issues, would lucid service be willing to fix that on a resold car? Is this covered in a short term warranty of sorts or do you have to pay for cosmetic fixes?
I would carefully inspect any car I was purchasing, regardless of year or make. If you do find some issues with that car, have the seller resolve them prior to purchasing it. if it’s a new car, and that seller is Lucid, then I am sure the warranty would cover anything like you mention.

Warranty would cover that for free. Lucid tends to be VERY generous in terms of paying for service.

l concur. I've owned two '22 GTs and neither has had any real problems.

l concur. I've owned two '22 GTs and neither has had any real problems.
I’m also on my second. First one had a battery replacement which was well handled by Lucid. Second one has had a couple of minor issues but nothing major. Both were / are wonderful automobiles - you can buy with confidence!

Just throwing this out there, but very possible people are selling early to get cash to put an order in for Gravity? Especially if they realized they need a bigger car

Just throwing this out there, but very possible people are selling early to get cash to put an order in for Gravity? Especially if they realized they need a bigger car
I’d say… not yet… but in a year, sure.

Hey all,

I've been coming across a fair amount of 2022 GTs on cars.com and also in this forum and I am thinking about picking one up but none of them seem to be selling. The sellers even keep lowering their prices to as low as 85k.

Many people who can afford these cars like to turn their cars over every few years. We are about to start the 2024 auto year so that could also be a reason.

All lucid are covered for 4 years or 50k miles

I have 6000miles on my 2022 AGT. My experience has generally been positive. Drives like a dream. I did have to take it to the service center to - replace the entire front/rear/360 cameras (twice), fix a stuck door handle. Also had random minor issues which I was able to resolve with a soft reset. Apart from that it’s been great.

I love my ‘22 GT. It has been a great car to drive and I now have 27k miles on it. There is no difference between a ‘22 and ‘23 GT.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Grand touring except that I had one as a loaner and thought that the massaging seats when you're not using them are pretty hard on your back. I have a touring and I don't have that problem because I don't have the massaging seats

I don't think there's anything wrong with the Grand touring except that I had one as a loaner and thought that the massaging seats when you're not using them are pretty hard on your back. I have a touring and I don't have that problem because I don't have the massaging seats
18k+ and I've never found the seats to be anything but perfectly comfortable. They did a great job on them.

Hey all,

Mine was built March 2022, 24k miles on it now. The only major things was I needed was the Lin Bus/Left rear motor coolant pump and left battery coolant pump replaced due to a short circuit in the bus, windshield replaced due to random stress crack, and HV Battery/Wunderbox replaced due to a ground isolation fault in a single module that remote diagnostics alerted Lucid about. Oh and frunk latches. I prefer to buy new vehicles even though it’s stupid financially as I just don’t trust other people to take care of cars well and I like the idea of 100% of the miles being put on by me. I think a lot of people sell simply because they’re fickle or got in over their head financially. I think very few are from somebody trying to dump a car they think is trouble. I’m very happy with mine even with the maintenance I’ve needed as Lucid service is outstanding.

Back