Why bother with Lucid?

Yeah, I totally get it. Peter = Elon. Which leads me to wonder...

If Lucid is no different than Tesla, why bother with Lucid, a Tesla wannabe? And with all the repeated disappointments and delays and obfuscations and ineptitudes and broken promises and inadequacies and repeated failures in software, communications, and paint for God's sake, why are you all still even in for a Lucid? When there's plenty of choice amongst luxury EVs that are actually in production with >400 miles of range, insane horsepower, and cool interiors (at least when they can find white carpets). There's obviously NO DISCERNABLE DIFFERENCE between Lucid and Rivian, Fisker, Tesla (the ones without yokes), Polestar, Hummer, F150 Lightning, Mustang, Hyundai, Kia, Genesis, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche, VW, Lordstown, Canoo, Faraday Future, or Aptera (an incomplete list at best), so why bother with Lucid?

Why bother with a company that can't even paint a car grey! Or even spell GRAY like real Americans do! Why give $140K to a company that can't make the doors work correctly and can't install Carplay like any old Hyundai or Chevy? Just because it's a miracle of range, acceleration, and handling?

Why not vote with your wallet and give up on a car that will be delivered in the next few months so that you can get in line to purchase an EV that won't be delivered until 2023 or 2024? It would be far better to reward the EV companies that are always accurate and forthcoming with their timelines and make sure their cars are delivered on time with all their promised features and at their promised price rather than Lucid. Like Rivian! Or Tesla! Or Mercedes! Or BMW! Or Aptera!

Why bother with a company that has actual consistent human beings as every customer's point of contact? Or has the executives in charge of design or marketing or sales or digital write personal emails or make phone calls to address customer complaints? Why would you even bother with a company like that when you can deal with Elon directly? Or GM Customer Service?

And now that Peter's cashed in all his Lucid stock, he'll be too busy making brilliant educational videos and trying to buy Snapchat rather than making sure Lucid is churning out cars as fast as possible to counter an insane burn rate. He should take a cue from Elon and just sleep on the factory floor like every rational CEO would. After all, Peter is sounding more like his old boss Elon every day!

*Sarcasm off*

No one needs a $140K car. It's a luxury item, literally an indulgence. And opting for a Lucid means getting the whole package: A car that's arguably the best ever made along with all the pains and failures in communications, processes, software, hardware, etc. that come from purchasing V1.0 (V0.9 for the DE :D ) from a start-up which is trying to manufacture an incredibly complex machine in the midst of all the chaos caused by these pesky little packets of RNA. This is what we all signed up for, and anyone who expected otherwise should think twice about that real estate offering for a bridge in lower Manhattan.

I'm not trying to make excuses for all of Lucid's failures. They've made many unforced errors and have significant communications issues both internally and externally. And there's plenty of evidence of misguided, unnecessary optimism in their timelines. But largely thanks to people on this forum, they've become more responsive and transparent and perhaps a bit better?

So, as we all face repeated delays and issues with these luxury cars, remember the wise words of Vincent the hitman in Collateral who said, when all his expectations for his perfect plan went awry, "Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it." Chill out. Your cars are on their way.

Even those of us who not real Americans would still like our Grey and Silver colors 🇬🇧

Maybe you didn't read the whole post? Dortreo was being tongue-in-cheek in the opening paragraphs. ;)
You are right, I probably didn’t read long enough. Lol

We all know how you feel. You say so many times a day. I’m not unhappy.

my wife is fighting double breast cancer. That is a survival issue. That is a loved one. That is something worthy of emotion. I need her, I don’t need a car. I might want a car, but not need it. It is an object. Chill
Sorry to hear that Boomer. My wife was fighting the same thing through the pandemic, Mastectomy, Double Chemo single Chemo and then Radiation everyday for 5 weeks.
It was very frightening for both of us. She is now healthy and has all of her energy back. We are very fortunate to live in a time and country where the technology is far more advanced than just a few years prior. If you need any support or have questions she will be very happy to help.

Haha yeah if they’re gonna be a scam company at least make something that doesn’t look like a Pontiac Aztec. And the interior is soooo tacky with screens covering everything. Sticking an iPAd on everything isn’t luxury, fools.

I beg to differ. Everyone knows that hyperscreens mean hyper luxury.

:D:D:D

2022-Mercedes-Benz-EQS-15.jpg

What is the use for the far right screen?

Could be wrong, but I recall reading something about passenger watching own media or something to that effect.
Yeah, I thought they were going to be able to watch Netflix or something on that screen which is interesting because the Germans tend to take safety measures while driving to the extreme and not have anything work while driving. Lol!

The Taycan has a passenger screen as well but seems of no value to the passenger. Kind of stupid to put them in if all you’re going to do is show time/compass on them.

When I first saw the hyperscreen I thought it was cool but the more I see it the more I don’t like it anymore. Seems completely overkill that brings no value to the car.

Yea unless they put that special screen in where it just appears black to the driver then it's a HUGE safety issue to show anything on that screen

Could be wrong, but I recall reading something about passenger watching own media or something to that effect.
How silly has the world become when the passenger needs a screen on the dashboard because the screen in their hand (phone) and the screen slightly to their left (hyper screen) just aren’t enough screen? Maybe next they can get rid of the windshield and put a screen there too. And if they line it with strip-club purple LED lighting that would be HOT.

How silly has the world become when the passenger needs a screen on the dashboard because the screen in their hand (phone) and the screen slightly to their left (hyper screen) just aren’t enough screen? Maybe next they can get rid of the windshield and put a screen there too. And if they line it with strip-club purple LED lighting that would be HOT.

In another thread, I took a pic of what it’s like to exist within a hyperscreen. It’s mind blowing, I tell you.

https://lucidowners.com/threads/new-boston-seaport-showroom.931/post-23848

Attachments

• B2FBC750-1BEC-4246-9D6F-33D2044C4AA1.jpeg
    B2FBC750-1BEC-4246-9D6F-33D2044C4AA1.jpeg
    524.1 KB · Views: 117
Back