Touring Order Confirmation and Deliveries

To which? Because if Sept 2021 Tourings are delivered Q2 2023, then Pures are then pushed back to Q3 2023 at the latest.
That they got enough GTs to push back Touring that much

That they got enough GTs to push back Touring that much
It would be nice for Lucid but I think delaying deliveries that far in the interest of the GT owners or order months and years after Touring and Pure owners will probably piss a lot of reservation holders off to the point of Rivian level cancellations.

It would be nice for Lucid but I think delaying deliveries that far in the interest of the GT owners or order months and years after Touring and Pure owners will probably piss a lot of reservation holders off to the point of Rivian level cancellations.
True, but if the reason is that they are purely producing GTs then it's probably much more profitable for the company. Though the likely reason is they can't ramp production in time which is much worse

True, but if the reason is that they are purely producing GTs then it's probably much more profitable for the company. Though the likely reason is they can't ramp production in time which is much worse
It's all speculation at this point, but if someone who confirmed in March is being told Mid-June, I have to imagine orders made March-Present won't push back Tourings till Q2 2023.

They haven’t even gotten to the February confirmations. Then there’s 4-5 batches after that lol. As well as the Silver confirmations. For Grand Touring.

I put an order in for a Polestar yesterday. Have a feeling that will come first.
And it may be a while before they get to February confirmations. They have gone back to process the grey November batches. The grey is popular so there are a lot of orders to backfill )confirmed 6 months ago) before they can move forward Into the rest of January and February confirmations.

To which? Because if Sept 2021 Tourings are delivered Q2 2023, then Pures are then pushed back to Q3 2023 at the latest.
It depends on their ramp up. Currently it has not happened. Many forum members have said “everyone is slow due to supply chain issues” I have been pointing out that it is more than supply chain, but we shall see. Perhaps it is why the stock is back down to $19? I think we should learn a lot more at the May earnings report.

My SA emailed me earlier this week. He said “regarding the Lucid Air Touring & Pure. We are still on track to begin production this fall, and I will have more information to share the closer we get to that time.”. I have reservations for both Touring and Pure (only plan to buy one). Touring reservation placed on the day they did the reveal (9/6/20) and Pure on the day they opened up the Pure reservation (10/14/2020).

My SA emailed me earlier this week. He said “regarding the Lucid Air Touring & Pure. We are still on track to begin production this fall, and I will have more information to share the closer we get to that time.”. I have reservations for both Touring and Pure (only plan to buy one). Touring reservation placed on the day they did the reveal (9/6/20) and Pure on the day they opened up the Pure reservation (10/14/2020).
The fall would imply Q4 to me and would be a another delay from Q3 if that is when they start the Touring. Perhaps they will begin Touring on 9/30 to squeak under a Q3 wire.

Polestar in Austin is 3-4 weeks from order to delivery. I am seriously considering that along with Ioniq 5 top end.
I saw an Ioniq 5 in person a few weeks ago---bigger than I thought it would be, and very nicely turned out. Even the top end tho is comparatively sluggish 0--60, which is a big part of the attraction of EVs.

Polestar in Austin is 3-4 weeks from order to delivery. I am seriously considering that along with Ioniq 5 top end
Good idea, I put a reservation on a Rivian R1S yesterday and will be looking at an Ioniq5 limited this week. Especially if the news after the earnings call next month is not good, then it may be better to plan ahead for significant delays.

Even the top end tho is comparatively sluggish 0--60
you'll have to wait for the N version. The KIA EV6 GT has 577 hp and 3.5 0 - 60 but hasn't been released yet. The 5 N is supposed to improve on that with Korean press speculating >600 hp. But until the Koreans can figure out how to put more than a 77 kwh battery in their platform, the range is a no go for me. I like the exterior of the Ioniq 5 but the interior of the EV6.

Last edited:
you'll have to wait for the N version. The KIA EV6 has 577 hp and 3.5 0 - 60. The 5 N is supposed to improve on that with Korean press speculating >600 hp. But until the Koreans can figure out how to put more than a 77 kwh battery in their platform, the range is a no go for me. I like the exterior of the Ioniq 5 but the interior of the EV6.
I own a Tesla M3p and a Kia EV6. I purchased the latter since I could not wait until he end of the year to get my Lucid Touring, which I ordered 5/21. ( I expect to get my Rivian sooner than the Lucid, but we will see.) While the range of the EV6 is similar to the Tesla, the charging speed is much faster. It is also a much more refined and better driving car, even though you can't throw it around curves as readily as the Tesla, largely due to its heft and size. The main deficiency is that the EV6 is no where as quick as the M3p. All and all, the EV6 is an amazing car for half the price of the Lucid. As a disgruntled shareholder, now that I own an EV6, I am sadly convinced that my investment will prove to be the worst one I have made since my PanAm stock.

Don’t feel bad. At one time I owned a lot of Enron stock…..

I own a Tesla M3p and a Kia EV6. I purchased the latter since I could not wait until he end of the year to get my Lucid Touring, which I ordered 5/21. ( I expect to get my Rivian sooner than the Lucid, but we will see.) While the range of the EV6 is similar to the Tesla, the charging speed is much faster. It is also a much more refined and better driving car, even though you can't throw it around curves as readily as the Tesla, largely due to its heft and size. The main deficiency is that the EV6 is no where as quick as the M3p. All and all, the EV6 is an amazing car for half the price of the Lucid. As a disgruntled shareholder, now that I own an EV6, I am sadly convinced that my investment will prove to be the worst one I have made since my PanAm stock.
Same idea, considering the Ioniq5 as a transition EV given the delay with the Touring while waiting for the Gravity. EV6 is a close cousin of the Ioniq5, and do like the interior of the EV6 better. How is your EV6?

Same idea, considering the Ioniq5 as a transition EV given the delay with the Touring while waiting for the Gravity. EV6 is a close cousin of the Ioniq5, and do like the interior of the EV6 better. How is your EV6?
The Ioniq5 subreddit looks like there are a plethora of issues as well with the I5.

I must say it has taken some getting used to, after exclusively owning Tesla's for 5 years. Buttons, knobs, and switches are a bit disorienting. But, love having CarPlay and the quiet and refined ride. While I have not done a back to back test drive, I did drive the Lucid in Scottsdale and it seems that the EV6 is just as quiet and the drive more similar than the Tesla. Again, the EV6 doesn't have the power, but still no slouch. And while the tech may not be as aspirational as the Lucid, the stereo no where as good, and the materials and workmanship not in the same league as the Lucid, it all works and the fit and finish impeccable! I am not sure what Psymac has read on reddit, but at least my EV6 has functioned flawlessly after 2K miles. And no way would I buy a MY, which is the direct competitor of the EV6. Again, the Lucid is a different car, so cross shopping is a bit perilous.

I saw an Ioniq 5 in person a few weeks ago---bigger than I thought it would be, and very nicely turned out. Even the top end tho is comparatively sluggish 0--60, which is a big part of the attraction of EVs.
I was also thinking of the Ioniq 5, but it's 100%-0% freeway range is only about 230 miles, no better than my Model 3 performance minus. I'd like a healthy step up in range when switching EVs.

You have to remember that even though wou were in the first 13k reservations, any GT or T placed after you will now be ahead of you
They should honor the reservation order.

Back