Touring Order Confirmation and Deliveries

I use surround view all the time on my DD. I am not sure I want to spend silly Tesla like money on a feature (dream Drive Pro) whose features may never actualize (except for surround view) just to get surround view which I consider essential. Makes the decision making harder if Lucid continues to put that only into Pro.
Not having had that feature, in what situations do you use it and how does it impact you? I can think of one situation for me in getting the car into the garage as far over to the side as possible without hitting things.

What do you find it useful for? Does it help with parallel parking to see if your nose will clear the car in front of you without backing into the car behind you?

Lucid if you’re reading this, lower the cost of Dream Drive Pro hardware and just charge us more when it’s actually out, thanks.

That was my suggestion a while back. Charge us something like $3K for the hardware and let us buy the software for the $7K if, in our opinion, it ever is worth it. Paying $9K now for a dream is a Tesla thing and I don't want a Tesla.

Not having had that feature, in what situations do you use it and how does it impact you? I can think of one situation for me in getting the car into the garage as far over to the side as possible without hitting things.

What do you find it useful for? Does it help with parallel parking to see if your nose will clear the car in front of you without backing into the car behind you?
All kinds of parking. My current car was dented in the passenger doors by an unknown party and I had to replace the skin on both doors (aluminum doesn't repair well),. So I try to park in a way I won't get hit. I like to use the camera display to fir myself into a space in a way that will minimize the risk of getting hit again.

My garage space is pretty tight but I get in and out without using the cameras...but I do fold the mirrors before entering and don't unfold them until I get into my driveway. I like the fact that in my DD, if I forget to unfold the mirrors as soon as I start driving more than a few miles an hour, they mirrors unfold.

That was my suggestion a while back. Charge us something like $3K for the hardware and let us buy the software for the $7K if, in our opinion, it ever is worth it. Paying $9K now for a dream is a Tesla thing and I don't want a Tesla.

Unfortunately, Tesla proved people are willing to pay for something that is only promised. This would be a customer vs business focused approach.

I also noted the recent inclusion of the metal roof in the configurator. I wonder whether people here who have taken delivery might weigh in on the glass roof:

Worth $4000? (i.e cool feature?)

Heating/cooling issues?

Concerns about chips/cracks? (Insurable ?)

Appeals more to sunroof fans (which I'm not particularly )?

Thanks for your input

I also noted the recent inclusion of the metal roof in the configurator. I wonder whether people here who have taken delivery might weigh in on the glass roof:

Heating/cooling issues?

Thanks for your input

I think it’s worth it. The heat rejection is fantastic; have not had issues there.

It’s glass, and most insurance companies actually insure glass separately (and with a lower deductible; mine is $0).

Heating/cooling issues?

Thanks for your input
Also, I’m curious if there’s any difference in terms of the car‘s structural integrity for glass vs. metal roof.

Also, I’m curious if there’s any difference in terms of the car‘s structural integrity for glass vs. metal roof.
There shouldn’t be any. There will be weight difference that can affect the range.

Heating/cooling issues?

Thanks for your input
It was 96 degrees here yesterday when I was driving, or at least that is what the car indicated. Still a cool day compared to June but heat rejection was great and I was nice and cool 74 inside the car. I will report more once we get over 100.

If there is any advantage, it would go to the glass roof. If you press on the metal skin of your car roof, it flexes very easily. It is a very thin skin. Structural integrity is provided by the thick beam that forms the A, B, and C pillars along with the brace that connects the two sides.

I think it’s worth it. The heat rejection is fantastic; have not had issues there.

It’s glass, and most insurance companies actually insure glass separately (and with a lower deductible; mine is $0).
Thx borski--and everyone else who took the time. I'm still curious about the design rationale for all the glass (that Q is for Lucid) bug also the driver/passenger advantages.

Part of me wants to love it---the other envisions a pebble, a 1 sq yd spider web , and a $4000 bill (Lucid's #, not mine)

Great discussion...thx again

We have rock chips in AZ more often than anywhere else that I've lived. Have had no problem with repair or replacement with insurance company. However, since the Lucid glass is quite expensive, I don't know if long term, the industry would come up with some upper limit to somehow exclude the coverage.

I like the idea of the glass roof in general but there are a couple of things I dislike which is why I haven’t included it in my order. I don’t care for the placement of the visors which to me disrupts the open visual and I am unsure if I will like the larger support beams above the windows on each side. I’m hoping that the structure is someone different with a steel roof. More cross beam support lessening the need for such large side support members.

It was 96 degrees here yesterday when I was driving, or at least that is what the car indicated. Still a cool day compared to June but heat rejection was great and I was nice and cool 74 inside the car. I will report more once we get over 100.

Helpful information. I was playing golf yesterday and it was HOT. By any chance, was your car sitting in the sun for an extended period of time and, if so, how was it at cooling it off?

Merci.

Helpful information. I was playing golf yesterday and it was HOT. By any chance, was your car sitting in the sun for an extended period of time and, if so, how was it at cooling it off?

Merci.
My car was sitting out in the sun for about 1.5 hours and I did not use the app to check the interior temperature or pre-start the AC. The Air felt like any other car that I have owned here in AZ. It cooled down quickly and was very comfortable within a couple of minutes.

Someone who had originally reserved a Grand Touring in Feb 2022, downgraded to Touring, confirmed their Touring, however, it may just be arbitrary bookkeeping.

My car was sitting out in the sun for about 1.5 hours and I did not use the app to check the interior temperature or pre-start the AC. The Air felt like any other car that I have owned here in AZ. It cooled down quickly and was very comfortable within a couple of minutes.

Thanks. Again...that is helpful.

Someone who had originally reserved a Grand Touring in Feb 2022, downgraded to Touring, confirmed their Touring, however, it may just be arbitrary bookkeeping.
Yes I just double checked and it went back to reserved. I guess system updated, lol.

Yes I just double checked and it went back to reserved. I guess system updated, lol.

Argh, too bad. Well, it shouldn't be long until Touring begin to be confirmed.

Back