Touring Order Confirmation and Deliveries

What I'm not clear on, is that they have only produced a little over 400 cars!
125 delivered by 12/31/21
~300 total have been delivered total
119 on the lot per Bears Work shop
~419 total produced
With these numbers and production of the GT's beginning and deliveries of GT'S already made!

What happened to the rest of the DE'S??

I also just went to Lucid motors website and you can be placed on a waiting list for a DE?????
Something does not add up.

Why not? A DE is not spoken for until money is paid. And Lucid does not ask for money until it leaves factory. There is still chances for people to decline a DE and others to move up.

Why not? A DE is not spoken for until money is paid. And Lucid does not ask for money until it leaves factory. There is still chances for people to decline a DE and others to move up.
Yes, obviously there are still many Dream models sitting on the lot that haven't been paid for yet. So if you put your name on the waitlist and someone decides to forfeit their non-refundable $1000 deposit it can be yours. I just paid for mine and hopefully will receive it this week!!

I have an acquaintance who had a long standing order for Dream Edition who cancelled in last 2 weeks. He didn't like the pre production model he took for a test drive. He did receive a full refund. So there are probably a few dreams in production that can be had if on waiting list.

I have an acquaintance who had a long standing order for Dream Edition who cancelled in last 2 weeks. He didn't like the pre production model he took for a test drive. He did receive a full refund. So there are probably a few dreams in production that can be had if on waiting list.
Did he elaborate as to why he didn't like it?

GT'S have officially been delivered Per Peter Rawlinson !!!
Bill B, I missed this bit of news that GT's are being delivered while a large number of DE reservation holders are still waiting. Is this true? Does that explain the photo of Bloom reportedly picking up a GT in the Hollywood Studio? Does that make suckers of DE owners who paid a $30,000 premium for a launch product, only to see the 2nd Act before the 1st Act is finished?

Bill B, I missed this bit of news that GT's are being delivered while a large number of DE reservation holders are still waiting. Is this true? Does that explain the photo of Bloom reportedly picking up a GT in the Hollywood Studio? Does that make suckers of DE owners who paid a $30,000 premium for a launch product, only to see the 2nd Act before the 1st Act is finished?
Someone else mentioned it, but apparently the Santa Monica carpets are causing some of the fit and finish delays so..

Someone else mentioned it, but apparently the Santa Monica carpets are causing some of the fit and finish delays so..
Unavailable Santa Monica carpets are sidelining release of DE's, so GT's are being advanced in the interim???

No stopping the train. Peter mentioned it during the Q and A. Someone had asked when the DEs would finish and the GTs start delivering. He said that the GTs are already being delivered and the DEs would be delivered once the fit and finish issues (carpets) are resolved.

No stopping the train. Peter mentioned it during the Q and A. Someone had asked when the DEs would finish and the GTs start delivering. He said that the GTs are already being delivered and the DEs would be delivered once the fit and finish issues (carpets) are resolved.
For whatever it's worth, one admittedly major factor in my decision to purchase the DE was to be among a very, very, small number of Lucid owners in North America for many months before the GT would be on the street. I never would have paid the premium; I would have simply reserved a GT. This is not sitting well with me at all, and I'm a big boy.

For whatever it's worth, one admittedly major factor in my decision to purchase the DE was to be among a very, very, small number of Lucid owners in North America for many months before the GT would be on the street. I never would have paid the premium; I would have simply reserved a GT. This is not sitting well with me at all, and I'm a big boy.
This may sound callous, please don't take it the wrong way, but if you happened to be in the last batch of DEs, would you really expect the have a Lucid for months prior to GTs being produced?

This may sound callous, please don't take it the wrong way, but if you happened to be in the last batch of DEs, would you really expect the have a Lucid for months prior to GTs being produced?
Even still, the amount of GTs by year end may be 5-6k, across the whole US? Extremely rare car nonetheless at this stage.
Since the problems seem to be with the DE carpet, I’m curious how production ramp goes seems how I’m in the 5th batch of GTs. Hopefully still around that May window! Optimistically..

For myself I can say that I am not upset at all. I bought (soon to be delivered) the limited edition 1111 hp Eureka Gold Dream with the 21" Dream wheels and the very limited (apparently) Santa Monica interior (LOL). I originally had a GT reserved and was thrilled when I was able to upgrade. Hopefully by having to wait longer than I originally anticipated the earlier adopters did work out many of the kinks for me. I don't think my car will be confused with the Grand Touring models.

Not callous at all. The original DE deliveries were supposed to be Spring 2021. That would have projected many months before the first GTs would be released. Moreover, the 520 DE number was for North America. DE orders from Saudi Arabia and Europe would have needed to be produced and released, as well. It's a stretch to receive an "inaugural" or "launch" DE vehicle AFTER the 2nd Act is running. The principal premise of the DE's allure was a fully loaded, first & only of it's kind, branding statement that anchors the Airs to follow. For that, you paid a premium.

To be clear, I have had my DE for over a month and am enjoying it. I am doubtful my feelings would be the same if I was one of the DE reservationists who won't get theirs while GTs are being released. Simply doesn't sit well with me.

Last edited:
I see both sides of it. If I were a DE reservation holder and saw my car sitting on the factory lot waiting for a part while GTs are starting to be delivered, I'd probably be annoyed. As a GT reservation holder, I'd be similarly annoyed seeing my finished car just sitting there waiting for all the DEs to be delivered. From Lucid's standpoint, I understand why they're going ahead - you can't have finished products sitting on the lot taking up space, especially with the transportation issues around the country right now. It's not an ideal situation either way. Hopefully we all get our cars soon!

I see both sides of it. If I were a DE reservation holder and saw my car sitting on the factory lot waiting for a part while GTs are starting to be delivered, I'd probably be annoyed. As a GT reservation holder, I'd be similarly annoyed seeing my finished car just sitting there waiting for all the DEs to be delivered. From Lucid's standpoint, I understand why they're going ahead - you can't have finished products sitting on the lot taking up space, especially with the transportation issues around the country right now. It's not an ideal situation either way. Hopefully we all get our cars soon!
You left out the most important reason why Lucid is doing it. They can't recognize the revenue or spend it until they receive the money. Holding deliverable GTs while waiting for the DEs to finish doesn't make sense from a purely financial standpoint.

You left out the most important reason why Lucid is doing it. They can't recognize the revenue or spend it until they receive the money. Holding deliverable GTs while waiting for the DEs to finish doesn't make sense from a purely financial standpoint.
Understood. It is what it is. I'm still committed to the company long-term. Had I not received my DE already and see an active GT rollout, I likely would cancel the DE, get in line for the GT, and redirect the premium 30 grand elsewhere. But, I'm good. :)

For myself I can say that I am not upset at all. I bought (soon to be delivered) the limited edition 1111 hp Eureka Gold Dream with the 21" Dream wheels and the very limited (apparently) Santa Monica interior (LOL). I originally had a GT reserved and was thrilled when I was able to upgrade. Hopefully by having to wait longer than I originally anticipated the earlier adopters did work out many of the kinks for me. I don't think my car will be confused with the Grand Touring models.
I love the eureka gold color, they should have made it an option on all trims but I can understand the reasoning behind it.

Back