Touring Delivery

AlignTrex

Hi everyone!

I am waiting anxiously to take delivery of my touring. I was given the VIN, told the car has been delivered to the Goose Island facility in Chicago, and need to wait for inspections to be done before I can schedule a date for delivery. I am hoping I can take delivery before the end of the year! Now I am looking for a set of winter tires. Not sure how I can drive home in the winter with summer tires on it as I have 20" from factory. I was informed the Goose Island location would not be able to switch out the tires/wheels for me. Anyone know how long inspections usually take?

Hi everyone!

I am waiting anxiously to take delivery of my touring. I was given the VIN, told the car has been delivered to the Goose Island facility in Chicago, and need to wait for inspections to be done before I can schedule a date for delivery. I am hoping I can take delivery before the end of the year! Now I am looking for a set of winter tires. Not sure how I can drive home in the winter with summer tires on it as I have 20" from factory. I was informed the Goose Island location would not be able to switch out the tires/wheels for me. Anyone know how long inspections usually take?
Welcome.

Seems to be a moving target. Some folks are getting through inspections in a few days. For me, it's been a few weeks. (Evidently, they ran into an issue of some sort.) Also, some service centers are more backed up than others.

Welcome.

Seems to be a moving target. Some folks are getting through inspections in a few days. For me, it's been a few weeks. (Evidently, they ran into an issue of some sort.) Also, some service centers are more backed up than others.
How did you know it ran into some issues? Did your DA inform you or were you kept in dark?

How did you know it ran into some issues? Did your DA inform you or were you kept in dark?
I had a delivery scheduled for today. Then I was contacted on Saturday to inform me my delivery would be delayed due to unspecified reasons. Then I just got a call today that my delivery will be rescheduled for the 28th.

Hi everyone!

I'm in the same boat. Delivering cars with summer tires to snow country, in the winter, just doesn't make any sense. I ended up changing the order to the 19's as I didn't want to deal with going from the Lucid service center directly to getting the tires changed. Hopefully I can buy some summer tires from them in the coming 6 months.

My Touring is being transported from Arizona to Chicago now and I'm also anxious to get a better idea of the when I'll be able to take delivery.

I had a delivery scheduled for today. Then I was contacted on Saturday to inform me my delivery would be delayed due to unspecified reasons. Then I just got a call today that my delivery will be rescheduled for the 28th.
We're rooting for you Joe! EOY delivery for me is looking less likely each day so I'm starting to live vicariously through those in queue ahead of me...

Back