[RESOLVED] $7,500 rebate

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
I picked up my Lucid Air Touring at Goose Island, Chicago, Friday, February 10. The night before (2/9) I received a revised purchase agreement with the $7,500 price rebate. I executed it and it was accepted. However, I already had the cashier's check from my bank for the original amount and there would be no time to return to the bank for a new check. We live 145 miles from Goose Island and planned to pick up the car in the morning. The delivery advisor assured me there would be no problem with refunding the $7,500 to me via a Lucid check within *60 days.* As of Monday (4/10) it will be 60 days. I inquired to the person in charge of deliveries at Goose Island about ten days ago concerning when I would receive the check. He could not provide an answer. I am growing concerned about this. Everyone at Lucid has been polite and helpful when necessary thus far. However, not delivering on a promised rebate reflects poorly on the company.

I picked up my Lucid Air Touring at Goose Island, Chicago, Friday, February 10. The night before (2/9) I received a revised purchase agreement with the $7,500 price rebate. I executed it and it was accepted. However, I already had the cashier's check from my bank for the original amount and there would be no time to return to the bank for a new check. We live 145 miles from Goose Island and planned to pick up the car in the morning. The delivery advisor assured me there would be no problem with refunding the $7,500 to me via a Lucid check within *60 days.* As of Monday (4/10) it will be 60 days. I inquired to the person in charge of deliveries at Goose Island about ten days ago concerning when I would receive the check. He could not provide an answer. I am growing concerned about this. Everyone at Lucid has been polite and helpful when necessary thus far. However, not delivering on a promised rebate reflects poorly on the company.
A bunch of us are still waiting. Most of us are coming up on 8 weeks and crickets. I have a call into my DA and I know @moytoyx is also waiting for a call back from his DA. I'm thinking it was possibly an end of quarter thing but now I don't know.

I'm still waiting on mine too (I picked up my car on Feb 11). The last I heard from my DA was "Thank you for your email inquiry. Your $7500 Air Credit refund is processing. Please expect an update from Lucid Motors soon."

I spoke to my DA about an hour ago. He told me that the first batch of checks for early-mid February customers were cut and mailed out today and that if you were in the early-mid February delivery batch, you should be in this batch of checks cut and sent out today. We'll see what happens next week.

I made my final payment which included the overpayment 30 minutes after Lucid announced the rebate. I took delivery on Valentine's Day.

Last edited:
I am very much looking forward to marking this one resolved! Please keep us posted.

This might be a waste of time but here goes… picked my car up January 31sr and guess what February 1st Lucid announced the $7500 rebate . Any thoughts ?

This might be a waste of time but here goes… picked my car up January 31sr and guess what February 1st Lucid announced the $7500 rebate . Any thoughts ?
First off, that rebate was only available on specific specs… Was it yours? If so, did you have a chat with them about it? It's a few months later now…

I took delivery Feb14th of this year and finally received my rebate check in the mail today 😊😊😊😊
Same delivery date here. I'm expecting mine to arrive within a day or so.

Back